[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Easy one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10

ITT:Overrated bands.
>>
File: Rush_-_Rush-group.jpg (32KB, 468x334px) Image search: [Google]
Rush_-_Rush-group.jpg
32KB, 468x334px
I'm so sorry...
>>
>>68720678
Jesus christ they're all so ugly
>>
Eh fuck it why not.
>>
>>68720654
In utero was pretty good
>>
>>68720702
Who the fuck are that guys?LOL
>>
>>68720716
Their best.
>>
>>68720718
Journey. They made shitty rock songs in the 80s. Most notably "Any Way You Want It." and "Don't Stop Believing".
>>
>>68720702
while I will enjoy Any Way You Want It every now and then, Journey really is fucking terrible
>>
>>68720774
Jesus christ, thank you for posting Journey. I think we can all agree anything uber mainstream from the 80's was pretty if not totally overrated
>>
>>68720654
For a second I thought you were talking about the Foo Fighters. Literally the common opinion of them is they're overrated how does that even work.
>>
Overrated =/= bad
>>
>>68720791
No problem. I've always hated their shit.

I'm curious what some of these other overrated 80s bands are though (I think out of my albums the 80s are the decade I have the least music from)
>>
File: 395014.jpg (45KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
395014.jpg
45KB, 500x500px
The Doors are legendary, but if Morrison hadn’t have died, I don't think we'd hold them in such regard. Cream is leagues ahead of them in every way, and yet we don't ever lament their short lived career as much as The Doors.
>>
>>68720841
I'd say:
AC/DC
Van Halen
Poison
Bon Jovi
etc, etc.
>>
>>68720853
Creams booooooring
>>
>>68720882
...Wow I am out of touch with 80s music.

I don't think I know many songs from any of those people (Save for Bon Jovi who I heard on a country music video tv station when I was a kid).
>>
File: kiss.jpg (41KB, 956x716px) Image search: [Google]
kiss.jpg
41KB, 956x716px
KISS. Everything they did.
>>
>>68720814
if the common opinion is that they are overrated, then wouldn't they actually be appropriately rated?
>>
>>68720943
You've heard something from all of them, guarantee it. But they are so very homogenized and vapid, you'd never really know until you've heard them a million times
>>
>>68720945
This
fucking awful
>>
>>68720987
Well yeah they were HUGE, I'm sure I heard something from them. Guess I'm just not an 80s rock kind of guy.

(With the exception of Billy Joel. That man is amazing).
>>
oh, you think that just because I'm wearing a U2 shirt that I consented to having the new U2 album on my iPod? THIS IS RAPE

seriously U2 overrated as fuck desu
>>
>>68721096
Great band with a shit vocalist, just like Megadeth
>>
>>68720949
I guess yeah
>>
>>68721112
Agreed. My dad still bumps U2 when I go to visit him. I don't get it.
>>
>>68721131
I never thought of it like that. I guess it's just because I listened to bands that came after them first, that it all just seems very samey as far as the instrumentation goes
>>
>>68720700
wWhat do you mean all I see is QT's
>>
>>68720853
>Cream is leagues ahead of them in every way

No.

Morrison lyrics are far better than anything Cream put. Cream was a bad ass power trio jam band to be sure...but the genius of Morrison's lyrics cannot be denied.
>>
>>68720882
>Van Halen

I dont see how a band that spawned multiple sub-genres (hair band and speed metal) and influenced an entire generation of guitar players could be considered over-rated. They fucking ruled the World for awhile.
>>
>>68721226
Eddie Van Halen is a badass guitar player, there is no denying that. But to say that the band as a whole isn't overrated in many many ways, especially when it comes to lyrics and production, it's impossible to call them underrated or even great.
>>
Ghost
Queens of the Stone Age
>>
>>68721279
>Ghost

>Queens of The Stone Age

Care to elaborate on why you think this? Not challenging you, just curious.
>>
>>68721366
No particular reason. I have tried on numerous occasions to listen to both of them but finally gave up. I know a lot of people like them, but I don't see the draw to either of them.
>>
>>68721393
That's understandable. My philosophy is always:
Don't force yourself to listen to something more than a couple of times just to "get it". If you don't like it, then I respect that.
>>
File: RKelly.jpg (45KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
RKelly.jpg
45KB, 460x345px
[Entry 2] Not a 'Band', I know, but still. Overrated still stands.
>>
File: poop.jpg (209KB, 522x338px)
poop.jpg
209KB, 522x338px
pro tip: you can't
>>
>>68721271
>especially when it comes to lyrics and production,

meh- They were great- the first album dropped like a bomb. Completely changed rock and roll. They were the 80s before the 80s even happened. But they were a partying hard rock band so I'm not sure what you expected in term of lyrical brilliance...but DLR was/is one pretty fucking wittyy dude...his oil/water mixing with EVH created some of the most catchy hard rock tunes of all time.

Production? again meh- the first album had EVH in one channel and the rest of the band in the other- and it still sound pretty fucking dynamic to this day...but production value of recordings- to me- do not really add or detract from the greatest of a band.
>>
File: THE BIG LEBOWSKI.jpg (83KB, 394x406px)
THE BIG LEBOWSKI.jpg
83KB, 394x406px
>>68721489
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.