[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literally fucking soft rock one hit wonders They had one hit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: oasis_documentary.jpg (199KB, 1200x791px) Image search: [Google]
oasis_documentary.jpg
199KB, 1200x791px
Literally fucking soft rock one hit wonders
They had one hit. They career started and ended in 1995. Nobody ever liked or cared about them.
>>
wow im so mad
>>
>>68715902
Such an horrible bait.

They were the last rock band. Even in /mu/
>>
While everything you said was blatantly wrong, I will agree that they're garbage.
>>
they were EPIC
>>
>>68716010
He's actually right except for the one hit wonder thing

I'll admit they had 2
>>
>>68716463
>2
I'll assume you're talking about America here, but you're still wrong.

>Live Forever, Wonderwall, Champagne Superonova, Don't Look Back in Anger, D'You Know What I Mean, and Don't Go Away, all went Top 40 in the US.
>All the aforementioned songs as well as "Supersonic", "Morning Glory", "All Around The World", "Acquiesce", "Rock n Roll Star" and "Go Let it Out" charted mostly in the Top 40, if not Top 20 for Alternative/Modern Rock radio station airplay as well between 1994 and 2000 (as did later singles "Lyla" and "The Shock of the Lightning")
>Oasis were playing arenas at the height of their fame in the US and managed to play Madison Square Garden in 2005
>three Top 5 albums in America
>Definitely Maybe and Be Here Now went platinum, What's the Story went 4x Platinum, ~8 million total album sales in the US
>>
>>68716463
>soft rock
wrong
>They career started and ended in 1995
They were being hyped up by the music press in late '93 and went Top 40, Top 10, and Top 5 on the singles chart in 1994. Not to mention they had mostly Number 1 singles from 1995 to 2000 and Top 20 from 2000 to 2008. They also just had a documentary released about them.

> Nobody ever liked or cared about them.
See above. Also the music press, tabloids, even the 6 o clock news and regular papers used to talk about them all the fucking time. 2.6 million people applied for tickets to see them at a 250,000 capacity gig at Knebworth House in 1996.
>>
>>68715902
The last of the true rock stars.
>>
>>68715902
and nobody likes or cares about you, pleeb
>>
>>68715902
You sir, have clearly not listened to an Oasis album.
>>
File: Libertines05AW100511.jpg (66KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Libertines05AW100511.jpg
66KB, 900x600px
>>68715902
>>68716861
I thought you guys liked the libertines
>>
They were shit, there were far better, more inventive "Britpop" bands at the time, Pulp being the primary one, and then Suede. People only like them because they seemed like such "lads" in comparison to other Manchester bands like the effete Smiths or gloomy Joy Division, and were more accessible than the Madchester scene Stone Roses or Happy Mondays.
>>
File: uuuuuuurrh.jpg (17KB, 498x468px)
uuuuuuurrh.jpg
17KB, 498x468px
>>68715902
Trying to hard anon, bait is about subtlety and luring people in with a believable statement, not just ragging on something as much as possible.
>>
Oh look, le softrock meme is trying to come back
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.