[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pop metal bands like Disturbed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: disturbed-ten-thousand-fists.jpg (105KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
disturbed-ten-thousand-fists.jpg
105KB, 500x500px
I know that they lack most in quality, but the album Ten thousand fists (and specially the song Land of Confusion) was such a great listen to me, any recs?
>>
literally just listen to faith no more from their angel dust album
>>
>>68714978
This. Angel Dust was the fucking blueprint that ALL pop-metal bands from 1999-2005 made great careers for themselves ripping off.

The fact that it was half a Thick As A Brick-style Mr Bungle-tinted parody album seems to be lost on all the bands who went on to copy it.

Also, while I hope otherwise, just in case you're like those people who think "It's My Life" was a Gwen Stefani song, here's a reminder that the original Land of Confusion ran circles around disturbd's uninspired cover.

https://youtu.be/QHmH1xQ2Pf4
>>
File: buttmetal.jpg (604KB, 1366x1243px) Image search: [Google]
buttmetal.jpg
604KB, 1366x1243px
Check these
>>
File: machinehead_locustcover_1_1.jpg (98KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
machinehead_locustcover_1_1.jpg
98KB, 600x600px
>>68714940
Machine Head and Pantera are probably as good as buttmetal gets
>>
I wouldn't call them pop metal and I'm not big on Disturbed but I'll take any opportunity I can to get people into Volbeat. I really think they get shit on for no good reason other than people assuming they're just like FFDP, A7X, Disturbed, etc.
Try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8ahoRsvb28
>>
File: download (1).jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>
>>68715192
Fair to Midland rules
>>
>>68715120
>Vulgar Display of Power and anything by Sevendust in a shitty butt-metal playlist

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Seriously though, get rid of those and add in Toxicity and one of the P.O.D. albums while substituting Wisconsin Death Trip for Start a War and Issues for Follow The Leader, and that list would be utterly flawless.
>>
>>68715120
where's Gorguts - Obscura
should be on here
>>
>>68715315
Pantera are the buttmetal pioneers
>>
File: photo (1).jpg (69KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo (1).jpg
69KB, 900x900px
>>68715407
*sniff* YOU TAKE THAT BACK *sniff* *sniff*

But realistically, yeah, I see where you're coming from, though I'd rather lump them in with Sevendust and late Faith No More (and even Black Album/Load-era Metallica) in that they were exploring a new sound that in the 90s seemed like the organic new direction for metal to evolve in given the overall direction rock was going in, rather than consciously trying to create insipid dreck for the Wal-Mart CD rack.
>>
>>68715139
hahahaha
>>
>>68715548
>insipid dreck for the Wal-Mart CD rack
tbf post-gringo or numel is no less of an organic development, coming from helmet nirvana, pearl jam
>>
>>68714940
System of a Down, Deftones and Slipknot.
>>
>>68714940
Genesis
>>
bullet for my valentine
>>
Anything in Chevelle's discography
>>
>>68716272
this
>>
>>68715120
Why is the way of all flesh in there
>>
>>68716527
I genuinely enjoy them and am angry that you would compare them to disturbed
>>
>>68715120

>Mastodon
>Tool

What?
>>
>>68715120
i own at least 2/3 of those albums

good shit
>>
>>68715192
I unironically like this album.
>>
>>68717494
agree about mastodon, not sure why them and gojira are there but tool belongs on that list
>>
>>68715192
https://youtu.be/A5m25_vGV-A?t=156
>>
>>68717494
Once more 'round the sun was shit and it deserves to be on that list more than any other album. Tool on the other hand, isn't even metal (10000 days at least)
>>
>>68717554
>agree about mastodon, not sure why them and gojira are there but tool belongs on that list

I think tool is out-there enough to not be considered butt metal.

The overall definition of butt metal seems pretty subjective anyways. Almost every time someone brings it up it ends with an argument over what exactly it is.
>>
>>68717596
>Once more 'round the sun was shit

Why do you think this?
>>
>>68717422
I was wondering the same. That album is a fucking light 9
>>
>>68717603
they're essentially the pink floyd of butt metal, its what those people use to act like they like "deeper" hard rock or metal
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.