[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do normies find movies more accessible than albums?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (202KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
202KB, 600x600px
Why do Normies usually say they don't listen to full albums, yet have the time to sit and stare at a screen for 1 hour and 20 minutes?

The average album length is like 40-50 mintues long. Way shorter than any movie you'll see in the big screen.

Yet when I go out and try to talk music to a normie. They usually say
>I only listen to singles
>I don't listen to albums

Not just that. Full albums are way more accessible to get and listen to then to find and watch a movie.

Explain this /mu/?
>>
humans are visual creatures
>>
>>68710949
>80 minute movie
That's a pretty short movie. And the reason they wouldn't listen to full albums yet watch a movie is because it's not as engaging (audio and visual). That being said especially in today's world of streaming you don't need albums cause you've got all your sweet hits right at your fingertips
>>
>>68710949
are you an idiot?
Movies always guarantee some kind of climax at the end even if its a shitty movie
unless its a concept album normies can just skip to the "good" songs and make a playlist instead
>>
>>68711083
<people watch movie for a climax
Are you what?
>>
>>68711020

This

plus music is just background noise for other activities to most people
>>
File: 1461106467691.gif (2MB, 500x222px) Image search: [Google]
1461106467691.gif
2MB, 500x222px
this thread again
>>
people who listen to albums front to back are weirdos. i skim the album until i find something that catches my attention. then i play it over and over again until im bored and just let it run down the rest of the album till i find something else that catches my attentions. then i usually go back to the songs i missed at the start and re listen to them. once ive milked every single bit of dopamine out of the album i delete it and never listen to it again
>>
>>68711221
>>68711020
Proves my point even further.
Why not just listen to an album as background?
You people are really dumb.
>>
>>68711258
Yeah.
>>
>>68710949
Most people can't name more than two directors. They watch movies like they listen to songs on the radio.
>>
>>68710949

Have you ever watched a movie with normies? They have trouble following even the simplest of plots if it isn't the latest Marvel flick. Normies are the kind of people that got "mindfucked" by Inception.
>>
Movies have narratives which draw people in. They want to know the outcome the characters that they have emotionally invested in.

The closest thing to that musically is the concept album, and they usually terrible.
>>
>>68711204
not everyone thinks about what they're watching
>>
>>68711238
what the fuck
>>
>>68711238
Stop triggering me
>>
File: 1477278958741.jpg (96KB, 651x768px) Image search: [Google]
1477278958741.jpg
96KB, 651x768px
>>68711238
>>
How is it possible to only listen to albums?

Unless you are a really closed-minded retard who only listens to rock of course.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.