[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw Radiohead's masterpiece is considered their worst album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: homepage_large.cb883af7.jpg (82KB, 300x299px) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.cb883af7.jpg
82KB, 300x299px
>tfw Radiohead's masterpiece is considered their worst album
>>
Yeah, Pablo Honey is underrated.
>>
>>68677579
eh, it's just so sloppy and doesn't have the same refinement as some of their other albums. I liked some of the sounds they experimented with, but it lacked a lot of substance.

AMSP was an infinitely better successor. So subtle and melodic, where TKOL was scattered and all over the place sonically. Certainly not a bad album desu
>>
>>68677654
I wish they made more experiments rather than keep trying to make the 10/10 pitchfork album
>>
>>68677654
>AMSP was an infinitely better successor

I feel so different. AMSP sounds like a b-sides collection to me. There's no coherence. TKOL is a singular vision and it's incredible.

IMO ofc
>>
>>68677654
agree with this

TKOL just sounds like something they wanted to put out, a playful experiment as opposed to a fully focused project like AMSP
>>
File: 1448471287392.jpg (21KB, 460x192px) Image search: [Google]
1448471287392.jpg
21KB, 460x192px
>>68677925
>imo ofc
>>
>>68677973
>AMSP
>fully focused
AMSP was a glorified b-sides collection.
>>
>>68677654
>TKOL was scattered and all over the place sonically
On the contrary, I find that TKOL has the most cohesive sound out of their entire discography. You can dislike the individual tracks themselves, that's fine, but I just have a hard time understanding how TKOL was "all over the place" when I'm just fascinated by the blend of electronics and rock and the dark atmosphere it creates.
>>
>>68678041
the length of time the songs have been around have nothing to do with what I said

They spent years performing these songs before going into the studio and crafting them out with who knows how many improvisations on the way
>>
>>68677579
Yeah, but honestly what do people hate about this album? It's a pretty solid Radiohead album in my opinion
>>
>>68678215

the main complaint I hear is it has none of the generally great songwriting RH is known for and personally I agree with the sentiment
>>
>>68678245
I can agree with that for the last half of TKOL but the first 4 tracks are fucking awesome.
>>
>>68677579
The Live from the Basement version really makes a lot of justice for this album.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.