[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is U2 pop rock or post-punk and what is post-punk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1477413822632.jpg (151KB, 1729x1153px) Image search: [Google]
1477413822632.jpg
151KB, 1729x1153px
is U2 pop rock or post-punk and what is post-punk
>>
lol look at his shirt
>>
I love the fact that Bono thought the audience would think those were his real abs
>>
Bono is swole!
>>
>>68677215
That's the body of the 21st century schizoid man.
>>
>>68677215
woah when did bono become a titan
>>
>>68677215
Wake me up for post-post-punk.
>>
>>68677215
>What is post punk?
Not U2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3JKwyFjx5Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnWPGSQjFUc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDq9YHcIip0

This is
>>
they are the best post-punk band in the world, better than joy division of course, also they are the best band in the world, and bono is a God
he's so real, honest and talented
amirite guys?
>>
Who gives a shit? This thread is posted everyday. The fact of the matter is U2 are shit and have been for 20 years now. Despite that they still sell out more stadiums than anyone and for a good five or six years they were the best band in the world. Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby are above and beyond post-punk in ambition and execution
>>
>>68677215
>le u2 is post-punk mimi XDXD
>>
>>68679417
post punk is pretty gay
>>
>>68680624
agreed. they should have called it quits after Pop tho, they would actually be a well-respected band if not for their post-2000s material and social presence
>>
File: IMG_6832.jpg (131KB, 640x1053px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6832.jpg
131KB, 640x1053px
>>68679417
>>
>>68677215
U2 is pre-post-avantrock-jazz+fusion pop
>>
>>68680624
This nigger gets it.

I'll add that War was atmospheric as all fuck, and it's probably my fave of their entire discography.

Basically, U2 were the Radiohead of the 80s, in that they started as a cream-of-the-crop genre band (Boy, War, and October were their Pablo Honey/The Bends), but rather than getting stuck in a sonic rut, they took their sound next level (Joshua Tree is their OK Computer, Achtung Baby is their Kid-A or In Rainbows).

Unlike Radiohead, they got huge at a time when they had to stay pop to stay relevant, and so pop they stayed. All That You Can't Leave Behind should have been their swan song.

Then again, Radiohead probably should have called it quits after In Rainbows, too.
>>
>>68681404
Anyone can put random shit on wikipedia
>>
both are umbrella genres
>>
Post-punk is new wave for people who think they're too cool to be into new wave
>>
>>68682014
are you my brit lit teacher?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.