[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the best post-hardcore album or is it Yank Crime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

Is this the best post-hardcore album or is it Yank Crime?
>>
nah
it is better than yank crime though
>>
Red Medicine and The Argument are both better
>>
>>68665469
lemme guess

fake train
>>
>>68665656
..no
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (205KB, 1413x1396px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
205KB, 1413x1396px
>>68665446

You tell me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kYaEN06UYM
>>
>>68665685
but it is unwound...
>>
File: 612M52SZYKL.jpg (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
612M52SZYKL.jpg
72KB, 500x500px
>>68665446

This is the best Posthardcore album by Rick and John of Drive Like Jehu. It got very little attention from reviewers at the time because John released it on his own Swami label. The only major review was from P4k and they gave it a 7.7 and they are wrong big time. Its the dark, menacing, minor key version of DLJ and the songs aren't much longer than 2:30 secs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObWAR0hsYqA&list=PLOLEKc9BQlR6ofh-1B9qiwBQO2PRl-OJn
>>
>>68665741
nO
>>
>>68665814
oh wait I got it

crownhate ruin
>>
>>68665874
science 1994 actually
>>
>>68665988
isn't that emo though
>>
>>68665998
lllo lidk
>>
Try a band 'Lack of Interest'
>>
>>68665446
Close, it's also Fugazi
>>
Spiderland
Zen Arcade
New Plastic Ideas
The Heat Death of the Universe
Goat

Probably my five favourite post-hardcore albums. We need to have more threads about this genre, there are so many classic albums and bands worth discussing.
>>
File: rusty.jpg (895KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
rusty.jpg
895KB, 1000x1000px
>>68665446
No.
>>
>>68667783
Spiderland is not by any stretch of the imagination post-hardcore and Zen Arcade is a bloated mess that only seemed great to kids and journos of the time because they could not view outside of the context of that moment; when taken in retrospectively with a fuller picture of what was, had been, and would come to be in punk music, it's a largely forgettable, at times outright bad, record.

GOAT is top 5 rock albums of all time tho
>>
Head is way better than Goat but I don't consider them post-hardcore but rather pretty definitive noise rock
>>
>>68667794
can we stop posting rodan already

no one unironically prefers rodan to slint
>>
>>68667934
Why? What, Slint? The OP is is talking about Yank Crime and Fugazi. Are you alright?
>>
>>68667954
don't play dumb with me, i know what you're doing
>>
I don't think there's enough post-hardcore in rodan anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BLzM7GbFEY
>>
>>68667981
Playing dumb? The OP talks about Fugazi and Drive Like Jehu. You're the one who brought up Slint in reply to me. Get your head and ass wired together, my man.

All this said, Fake Train>Yank Crime.
>>
>>68667932
noise rock is post-hardcore and both are punk

genres are not rigidly defined holy laws ffs
>>
>>68668011
and they're all rock and really mostly just blues and technically all chamber music

that dog don't hunt
>>
hey guys whats up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVwJMOtfJbU
>>
>>68667896
Spiderland is specifically post-hardcore. That's all it is.
>>
>>68668191
post-rock
>>
>>68665797
Great album, what's Favorite song off it?
I really like braintrust and plenty for all.
>>
>>68668226
It's only retrospectively post-rock, Slint are a post-hardcore band and they were making post-hardcore on Spiderland
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.