[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The only album you need to listen to for the rest of 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: a0940539402_10.jpg (193KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a0940539402_10.jpg
193KB, 1200x1200px
thank me now boys, you don't need to listen to anymore of your garbage, the saviors are here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4G4sm6RCDU
>>
File: Cover.jpg (100KB, 880x880px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
100KB, 880x880px
pleb
>>
>>68664268
>give me the gun
what did he mean by this?
>>
but it's bad
>>
mike pls
>>
>>68664268
I'm feeling a strong 5 to a light 6 on this one
>>
I thought their first album was a meme that was alright but this one is just bad.
>>
>>68664268
I liked it but it's nowhere near as good as the first one
>>
>>68664268
This LP was like the new Star Wars.
Cool art prints and T-shirt though.
>>
>>68664268
I'd prefer to be back outside the house
>>
>>68664268
This is the first time I've listened to it. Just gonna type my thoughts as I listen.

I first started going on /mu/ after a friend suggested American Football to me, and I told him I thought it was fantastic, and he introduced to me to this shithole. AF LP1 was one of those albums I listened to a lot when I was going through some hard times, so I still feel really close to it. It's so weird to hear new music from them. It still sounds like them, just with 10x the production quality. First song kinda sounds like the war on drugs, in a good way. Kinsella's voice has matured a lot, though I guess it has been 17 years. Holy shit, they're still as good as they were back then. If anything, their skill with difficult syncopation has gotten even better, it's impressive to see that they've improved in what was already arguably their strongest trait. Is that a fucking vibraphone? I like it, it really fits with their style even if it's totally different from anything they've done. I still dig the funky chord changes, I was worried they were gonna fall into the 4-chord pit. It seems like their highs aren't as high as LP1, but the weak points aren't nearly as weak as LP1's weak spots. imo, with LP1, Never Meant stood out as the song that was head-and-shoulders better than every other song on the album, and in a way it kinda weakened the album by making the rest of the album not feel as good as it actually is, but LP2 has a lot more consistency, even if it hasn't yet had one song that really knocked it out of the park the way Never Meant did. This album really feels like a much more mature version of LP1, which means as a whole it's better produced, and better executed, but loses out on some of the gritty emotion that LP1 conveyed so well. Their riffing is still fantastic. The best 2016 album I've listened to so far, even Danny Brown didn't keep me reeled in as well as this did.

Flame me all you want.
>>
>>68664473
u n d e r a t e d
>>
Its like none of y'all listened to Owen
>>
>>68665270
we already know owen is patrician
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.