[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Nick Cave?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: Nick Cave.jpg (70KB, 1066x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nick Cave.jpg
70KB, 1066x1080px
Thoughts on Nick Cave?
>>
I was going through his discography. I thought his last three albums were better than the ones he is usually remembered for earlier in his career.
>>
He's one of my favorites, From Her to Eternity's one of my favorite albums, been into Love Let In lately a lot
>>
>>68660623
The Boatman's Call remains his best, I think. Most of his discography is good though; the only two I don't care for are Murder Ballads and Nocturama.
>>
>>68662061
Let Love In I mean
>>
hes pure and beautiful
>>
his music was featured in the stupidest fucking scene in movie history (the dancing scene in harry potter 7 part 1) so i'm biologically engineered to have a negative opinion of him
>>
>>68660623
His new album is the tits
>>
>>68662355
>Nick Cave was in Harry Potter
Well I guess I can't listen to him anymore
Arthur died for nothing
>>
>>68660623
Honestly? He's probably one of the most talented artists I know of, and genuinely interesting as a personality. Listen to his lectures, he's pretty badass.
>>
>>68662034
Dig Lazarus Dig isn't that good though, it's basically a Grinderman album wth a lot of throwaway stuff, not a real Bad Seeds album...
i agree with you on push the sky away and skeleton tree though... they're both more consistent than most of his earlier output, and better produced while we're at it...
Some of his best albums are terribly produced which kind of lessens my enjoyment of them...
Let love in and tender prey are great examples for this, i absolutely love "the mercy seat" but holy shit does it sound like it was recorded with a fucking toaster, i mostly prefer the acoustic version from the b-sides collection nowadays because i can't listen to the album version anymore, sounds like ear cancer to me.
He really ruined the legacy of his earlier output with the terrible production. i get that it was intentional maybe but i never considered nick to be the kind of guy that would ruin a good song with some harsh noise during production just to fuck with the audience, i think he's too vain and protective of his work to do that stuff, he's not Michael gira and the bad seeds are not the swans so noise wasn't supposed to be that much of an ongoing concept in his music. So i guess he was just fucked up on heroin most of the time during the 80s, maybe that's why he didn't have control over the producing/mastering process of his albums ...
>>
>>68662412
>Dig Lazarus Dig isn't that good though
I loved it. Suit yourself. I don't care about bad production, actually, actually, sometimes that it was only some pressing Rec/Play captures what was happening 1,000,000x more than being in Abbey Road. Your opinions are shit they're fucking shit.
>>
Thoughts on his new album?
>>
>>68662664
>actually, actually, sometimes that it was only some pressing Rec/Play captures what was happening 1,000,000x more than being in Abbey Road
what the fuck are you talking about, you sound like you're illiterate...

>I don't care about bad production
that's the most pleb opinion i've seen in a while on /mu/, i guess you like to listen to some 128kbps youtube rips...

Dig Lazarus Dig is basically Nick trying to do shitty dadrock (ever wondered why Mick Harvey left the Bad Seeds after this album?) so congratulations, you've been plebfiltered my illiterate friend!
even the two Grinderman albums are better than Lazarus...
>>
>>68662777
What he means is that capturing a great performance of an artist at work is often more valuable than having a horde of producers (that are likely more talented than the artist these days) and the best gear in the world at your disposal.

Nick Cave is a great artist. He has always valued the sincerity of a performance more than the quality of it's recording. Which is not to say he doesn't value a great studio and it's keepers.

I believe I've read him actually say he doesn't like to do multiple vocal takes for this very reason. He writes, and when he's ready to sing he wants the first or second take, as later takes won't possess the same feeling.
>>
>>68662886
well for example a lot of the greatest jazz performances from the 1940s that we have were taped off of the radio. Thank god someone bothered.
>>
>>68662714
Really dark
>>
Tender prey is easily the best followed by let love in and then boatman's call
>>
>>68660623
With the exception of Nocturama, I like all his discography.
Easily one of my favourite artists of all time.
>>
>>68662355
probably stupider scenes than that
>>
>>68662355
>>68662393
Well does his song being in Shrek 2 make up for it?
>>
>>68662355
Great scene. But maybe i only think that becaus of the song
>>
Abbatoir blues/lyre of orpheus is the best album
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.