[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, the anniversary of What.CD starting is coming up in just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: Whatwhatwhat.png (241KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Whatwhatwhat.png
241KB, 1920x1200px
So, the anniversary of What.CD starting is coming up in just a few days. What's the likelihood of a freeleech?
>>
>>68659985
thanks anon, good to know, i really hope it will happen. i guess it's time for me to get a seedbox and finally boost my ratio after 5 months of barely uploading anything.
haven't logged in for several days by now.
>>
>>68659985
i think it's unlikely that it will happen on the 9 year anniversary. next year might be possible though...
when was the last sitewide freeleech anyway? i've only been a member for 4 months now...
>>
>>68660410
Last sitewide was a little more than a year ago
>>
>be on a couple private trackers for anime shit and stuff
>learn about What.CD and the interview process
>study for days about Analog and Digital Music Sources, Audio Formats, MP3, Transcodes, Torrenting, Spectral Analysis, CD Burning and CD Ripping, Rules of the site etc
>read tips of people who passed the interview
>create anki cards for studying that stuff
>fire up IRC
>/join #what.cd-invites
>your country is banned
mfw
>>
>>68660515
kek, are you from ukraine? that's really shitty of them to ban entire countries but what can you do, i heard that slavs generally never play by the rules and always try to fuck shit up...
>>
>>68660567
Nah, Brazil. I can understand where they are coming from though. Too many sleazy bastards over here. The ban is only from interviews though. Imma try to become power user on some other tracker and see if I can get in from there.
>>
0% chance

But the site is currently at 2.6 Million Torrents. I'd say we're roughly 9-10 months away from hitting 3 million which will most certainly mean a 2-3 week sitewide freeleech.
>>
>>68660608

what.cd isn't really worth it unless it's your first private tracker (as it's forum is good for getting into most things that aren't closed) or if you're super autistic about making sure everything on your computer is FLAC from the best mastering.
>>
>>68660608
that sucks man, i'd have tried to give you an invite secretly but i haven't reached power user level yet, so no invites for me...
just so you know, it's really hard to get upload credit on what.cd if you don't devote your entire time to looking for some rare shit to upload...
what other tracker will you try now to get to power user status?
>>
>>68660660
Shit, maybe /mu/ should just band together and upload a bunch of bandcamp shit to get an extra push towards 3 million
>>
>>68660608
If you're on animebytes it's super easy to get 50 uploads for elite by encoding music.
>>
File: 1457284676476.gif (1MB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1457284676476.gif
1MB, 720x720px
>tfw failed my first interview yesterday
>couldn't wait 48 hours
>used my mobile connection to get interviewed today
>they somehow found out during the interview
>currently banned on both ips
>>
>>68660515
Rutracker is a great substitute, it's in Russian, but you can navigate it if you have some common sense. Search the artist name instead of the album, they are usually uploaded as full discographies.
>>
>>68660775
i tried doing that, but the rare bandcamp shit i upload barely gets any snatches, no matter how many fucking tags i use to increase the likelihood of an autosnatch from some seedbox...
what.cd is a really hard place to get some upload. no one downloads anything because of muh ratio, and there are a shitton of seeders for most torrents so every seeder get's barely some upload because of the small filesizes...
>>
>>68660838
Literally all you have to do is upload a torrent and mark it as a 2016 release, bots snatch those automatically
>>
>>68660838
2016 (current year) albums always get autosnatched by seedbox niggers.
>>
>>68660876
yeah but you're not allowed to put false information on your uploads, like wring release year information, i don't want my stuff to get reported by those fucking autists...
i'm starting to get really mad at the whole wankfest that is what.cd...
>>
>>68660821
>>couldn't wait 48 hours

look at this retard
>>
File: columvingne.png (497KB, 781x690px) Image search: [Google]
columvingne.png
497KB, 781x690px
>>68660838
Just go to the ebooks requests, there's always at least 2-3 daily requests over 50GB bounty for $20 textbooks that you can download, upload and the return for a full refund easy peasy. It took me one week to become elite and set for life doing that.
>>
>>68660926

I'm seeding 83% of my snatches (959/1178) and my ratio is only 0.34. Required ratio is 0.30 because of how much I've downloaded.

So I barely download anything on here anymore. Just gotta keep my account active until Free Leech next year sometime. Sigh.
>>
>>68660926
Just go to bandcamp, pick a genre, sort it by recent uploads, and find some free ones.
>>
>tfw got invited by a kind anon a few years back
>>
>>68660966
thanks for the tip, i think i'll do that! did you get into some other trackers through the what.cd-elite forums? my ultimate goal would be to get into PTP or BTN but it's highly unlikely nowadays i guess...
>>
>>68660976
thank, sounds like that could work... looks like i have to hit that new bandcamp shit no one other than a fucking seedbox would snatch
>>
File: 1477206236936.jpg (190KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1477206236936.jpg
190KB, 500x667px
>>68661009
Yeah, I got into PTP. Once you have Elite and have been on what.cd for six months you can get into most trackers save for BTN & HDbits, as they don't recruit from what.
>>
>not just uploading CDs from your local library or university
Plebs.
>>
>>68661081
PTP would be nice, i got into a low level film&tv tracker through a friend recently. it's great since every TV-Pack is freeleech on there, but their movie collection is dogshit, criterion stuff is barely seeded at all, so i need PTP more than i need BTN now...
i'll do that strategy with the ebooks that you recommended so maybe i'll finally get into PTP.
>>
Just use Soulseek, everything is freeleech.
>>
File: stu.jpg (173KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
stu.jpg
173KB, 1024x768px
zero percent chance

enjoy your staff picks and tokens
>mfw i had a staff/user pick on the site one year
>>
>>68660709
Thanks man. I appreciate your good intention! But like someone else said, it may not be worth all the trouble unless I'm really crazy about getting those flacs. I can try getting there from AnimeBytes tho.

>>68660819
Thanks for the tip! I'll try to do this.

>>68660830
Didn't know it was that good. Thanks for letting me know.
>>
>>68660830
this i have what.cd but with the massive amounts of people seeding everything under the sun rutracker is my goto. never let me down.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.