[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

stealth /trad/ thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: file.png (373KB, 1000x851px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
373KB, 1000x851px
How can one country be so devoid of talent?
>>
File: file.png (160KB, 549x887px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
160KB, 549x887px
Really though, even the OxMu entry is super short and almost empty. I guess Djibouti doesn't even have their own musical heritage because they're mostly just Somali and Afar people.
>>
>>68648333
I mean it's not like Djibouti is anything but tiny
>>
>>68648824
It's about the size of Albania, which has an amazing musical tradition.
>>
>>68648315
EARLY MORNING /TRAD/ WHATTUP

Anyone get any new albums?

If anyone is looking for what country to search for a new album from, I accidentally typed "random.country" instead of with a space, and it's apparently a legit URL that will give you a randomized nation.

Anyway, I've been recently sort of straddling the trad/classical line. I've been trying to find records or CDs of Kuddus Kuzhamyarov, an ethnic Uyghur composer from the USSR who tied his Muqam music into classical compositions. The only album I found for sale on Discogs is in Kazakhstan and I'm incredibly worried about it reaching me in the US in one piece.
>>
>>68648968
>Anyway, I've been recently sort of straddling the trad/classical line. I've been trying to find records or CDs of Kuddus Kuzhamyarov, an ethnic Uyghur composer from the USSR who tied his Muqam music into classical compositions. The only album I found for sale on Discogs is in Kazakhstan and I'm incredibly worried about it reaching me in the US in one piece.
Wow, that sure is specific.
>>
>>68649052
I figured I could afford to be because

1. I'm the only person to mention this composer here before (there's all of one other mention of him in the archive and it's just me shitposting), so nobody will be interested enough in the album to think I could be viralling it
2. I'm legitimately concerned about shipping an album out from deep eurasia. I barely trust more local shippers to get recent 180gram wax to me, nevermind 50 year old soviet candlewax records from someone's basement
>>
>>68649132
You can use PayPal to buy it, right? In that case don't worry, PayPal is shit for sellers since it ALWAYS sides with the buyer, so if something goes wrong just callback the payment.
>>
>>68649142
Thanks, Hampus, I forgot about that

I have some strange asian trad phonograph record I picked up a while back that's nearly 100 years old or so

I can't tell what it's supposed to be, maybe some sort of comedy from the intermittent laughter of a crowd

I'll try to rip it later for you, hopefully it makes it through the process
>>
>>68649244
>I have some strange asian trad phonograph record I picked up a while back that's nearly 100 years old or so
Pics?
>>
>>68648897
but Djibouti is mainly a desert and has been wrecked for decades of colonization/political struggles so any musical/art/cultural tradition has been severely damaged to the point of being non-existent.
or something like that
>>
File: djibouti-city.jpg (1MB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
djibouti-city.jpg
1MB, 1080x720px
>>68649270
>Djibouti is mainly a desert

My favourite club on the left
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1216x971px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1216x971px
>>68649270
>but Djibouti is mainly a desert
Shouldn't be a problem. Many other desert countries have Bedouins. In fact if anything, the general lack of larger cities should promote traditional culture and associated musics.
>has been wrecked for decades of colonization/political struggles so any musical/art/cultural tradition has been severely damaged to the point of being non-existent. or something like that
I see where you're coming from, but this is true for most countries really. It might have been particularly bad in Djibouti, but I don't know enough about the country to comment on that.
>>
>>68649266
Images are too big for 4chan

http://m.imgur.com/PH6Zlbs,zUzxTkn

Can anyone tell me what this is?
>>
>>68649748
Can you get a clearer picture of the chinese text?
>>
>>68649808
Unfortunately I can't. I took those in a rush as I was leaving for work, and the bottom part of that label is incredibly blurred and faded regardless

I know fuckall about looking up old Victor/RCA catalogues, but can we find something with its number, 50797?
>>
>>68649840
brb, 892 pages

https://www.discogs.com/label/11358-RCA-Victor?sort=catno&sort_order=
>>
>>68649863
Good thing there's a search function. Nothing there.

>>68649840
Trying to translate it with Google. Getting something along the lines of

"30th flower festival"
"?? Zhon lu Jun Mountan River"
"Left the mountain to sell"
>>
>>68649863
Even sorting by name would be a bitch

>>68649906
Nice, so it's actually an obscure chinese victor record.

Or obscure enough, anyway.

It's a shame that it came to me with a massive crack in it. Thankfully the record is incredibly thick, so it just causes a slight pop.
>>
Hello re/trad/s,

My friend's birthday was a couple of weeks ago and I want to get him a late present (or maybe an early Christmas present). He's really into traditional Andean culture so I was thinking maybe I'd get him a CD of some Andean music. I know next to nothing about traditional music though; is there anything you fine folks would recommend?
>>
>>68649992
Damnit this was sort of fun but difficult and annoying. Middle row is
(二)俊宗山内河

First sign is just indicating that it's the B-side. The rest means something like June Zhong Mountain River, but google translate can't into.
>>
>>68650284
Nice job, Hampus!

When I upload the tracks later, I'll stick that exact line in the post so you can find it
>>
>>68649748
節花浪

俊宗山内河

?友村大

>Festival flower waves
>Jun Tsung Shan River
>In this case,
>Friends of the village

Can't get the last, bottom left character.
>>
>>68650284
>>68650371
Just found this

http://movies.yahoo.co.jp/movie/河内山宗俊/131826/review/「聲發秦太」の作品/12/

It is "ShunTakashi Yamauchi river". Created in 1936. It further two years ago of work than "Zen lower left red". We watched towards the "Sazen" ahead. So, although not so much surprised to Japanese to read and write from right to left, I was surprised to "goods work聲發HataFutoshi active day" that appears below the mark of Nikkatsu. what is this?

It seems there was a company called Uzumasa departure聲映畫株formula會社(Uzumasa sound film). "Manufacture pioneering in Torquay movie in partnership with Nikkatsu, it has opened a new era of Japanese film" that (Wikipedia). I do not have this subtitle at the time of the left Zen of two years later. Because the company was gone.

It was found in this. This time of the movie (the transition period to Torquay) is, he had struggled to sound purse. It, such as the professional company of recording technology to the sound track was needed. Still good sound is not hear. The present day of the remastered DVD Japanese subtitles are prepared. Rather that it is easy to understand.

(1/2)
>>
>>68650467
(2/2)

I think Better yet, this movie, in the silent, and do not be able to watch in the name tone of Katsuben. Then, it means you can experience because the way enjoyed the movie at that time. Everywhere to be seen as "unnatural" tone is, or was it for Katsuben, it can be understood that or was it for storytelling Kabuki, or its remnants. If contact with the movie in terms of it has been found that the, thing called width to enjoy comes out.

Image is also old. However, this is also, (even immediately after the war) pre-war atmosphere of the theater (would have been probably buzz, will tobacco smoke braze was a hindrance) to imagine.

What is to say that the old, is the ronin Shu which is projected to make the most in an old feeling, but Mob crowd. It dubious atmosphere of downtown. There in the words of one of the (perhaps storytelling tone) and the behavior the way (perhaps Kabuki tone). And, so-called, humanity. Even now abiding, naive to the lovely woman of Choi evil old man.

In a contemporary theater of the outskirts rather than in a movie theater, while also drinking soju rather than wine, ..., I want to enjoy the uncle Chama our little tired movie.
-------

So was this a film then that had an accompanying record? Huh.
>>
>>68650467
>>68650481
Seems to be right. This blog has some screenshots.
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/esuapn8u6f/e/5b1b0eea5be1974ef0e19f82eece797f

WE DID IT REDDIT!
>>
>>68650531
Well goddamn, there it is!
>>
File: RG0BS1U.gif (2MB, 390x205px) Image search: [Google]
RG0BS1U.gif
2MB, 390x205px
>>68650584
This was fun, let's do it again some time.
>>
File: NJG4UI3J4;OJIB.png (823KB, 598x576px) Image search: [Google]
NJG4UI3J4;OJIB.png
823KB, 598x576px
Post the last trad tune you dabbed to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kAbwVdbIpY
>>
Top 10 arabic trad records? I just realized I have little to no music from that region.
>>
>>68650645
>Top 10 arabic trad records?
Okay....here's one........the one with the suicide bomber and sharia law LOL

That's called topical humor
>>
File: pepe4.jpg (9KB, 238x238px) Image search: [Google]
pepe4.jpg
9KB, 238x238px
>>68649270
Right unlike Albania which has never had political/ethnic conflicts to deal with
>>
>>68650645
Algeria: Cheikha Rimitti Aux sources du Rai (1999, Harmonia Mundi)
Bahrain: Various Pecheurs De Perles Et Musiciens Du Golfe Persique (1968, Ocora)
Comoros: Various Musique Traditionelles des Comores (2014, CNAI Paris)
Egypt: Hamza El Din Escalay (The Water Wheel) (1971, Nonesuch Explorer)
Iraq, Palestine: Various Music from the Middle East (1967, Argo)
Lebanon: Matar Muhammad A Tribute to a Master of the Buzuq (1972, Inedit)
Libya : Tourag de Fewet Libye: Musiques de Sahara (2010, Buda Records)
Mauritania: Khalifa Ould Eide & Dimi Mint Abba Moorish Music from Mauritania (2002, World Circuit)
Morocco: Various Maroc: Hàdra des Gnaoua d'Essaouira (1993, Ocora)
Oman: Various Traditional Arts of the Sultanate of Oman (1993, UNESCO)
Qatar: Haitham Hasan & Mohammed Saleh Abd Al-Saheb Lelo The Music of Islam, vol. 4 - Music of the Arabian Peninsula, Doha, Qatar (1998, Celestial Harmonies)
Saudi Arabia: Mohammed Aman Saudi Arabia: The Tradition of Hejaz (2001, Ocora)
Somalia: Various Baijun Ballads: Somali Songs in Swahili (1971, Smithsonian Folkways)
Sudan: Various Sudan: Music of the Blue Nile Province (1996, UNESCO)
Syria: Various The Syrian Maqams (1972, Argo)
Tunisia: Lotfi Jormana Group Music of Islam, Vol. 8: Folkloric Music of Tunisia (1997, Celestial Harmonies)
Yemen: Various Songs From Hadramawt (1998, UNESCO)
>>
>>68650795
all bad btw

try again sweetheart
>>
>>68650795
Thank you!
>>
>>68650795
>No Djibouti

C'MON NOW.
>>
>>68650826
I told you. Devoid of talent!
>>
>>68650857
But, but!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUXkVh0IwhM

Spoiler alert: I'm prety sure these are Somali and not Arabic
>>
Damn, looks like one of you decided to snipe me out of that Kuddus record.

Guess I'll have to find another

Thankfully, I just stumbled on a 2 disc set of MP3 downloads off some russian classical forum.
>>
>>68651247
wasn't me
>>
Do you know any music from South Ossetia or Nauru?
>>
>>68652149
None afaik.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.