[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>dumb shit moo says lyrics don't matter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: 1476223170175.jpg (53KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1476223170175.jpg
53KB, 720x960px
>dumb shit moo says
lyrics don't matter
>>
File: Isshin_Kurosaki_Ep142_B.png (134KB, 443x342px) Image search: [Google]
Isshin_Kurosaki_Ep142_B.png
134KB, 443x342px
/moo/ crew we out here
>>
Lyrics matter a little, but I'd rather listen to a song with great instrumentation and shitty lyrics than a song with shitty instrumentals and great lyrics.
>>
>>68648169
Or listen to a song with a great instrumental and great lyrics
>>
>>68648308
Yes let's avoid the discussion entirely by using retarded false equivalencies shall we? Dickhead.
>>
>>68649292
It's not a false equivalency since a song is defined as the marriage of both lyric and music. Obviously they can coexist and you can listen to songs with excellence in both.
>>
>>68648031
i can't relate to lyrics at all. like i don't know what is good lyrics what is bad lyrics, i don't care about it, i want to though, but i can't.
>>
>>68649333
Take some lit classes
>>
>>68649355
my uni doesn't have one.
>>
>>68649475
What kind of uni is that? Sounds shitty
>>
>>68649355
>take lit courses so you can appreciate lyrics better

This is why degrees are simultaneously overpriced and increasingly worthless.

Just read a fucking book.
>>
>>68649657
>Just read a fucking book.
If you didn't take a lit course, who can you understand what you read?
>>
File: PicsArt_10-16-06.49.08.png (509KB, 1223x522px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_10-16-06.49.08.png
509KB, 1223x522px
Lyrics don't matter if the vocals and music are boring as shit
>>
>>68648031
/mu/ is an eclectic music board
/mu/ is a good music board and knowledgeable
>>
>>68649317
Good lyrics are nice, but they are a literary quality, not a musical quality. They don't enhance a song in a musical sense. The way the the lyrics are sung IS a musical quality however. If you're really into that literary aspect then go read some poems or novels.
>>
>>68649317
ur a faget
>>
>>68649355
I'm lit af as is
>>
>>68649829
>Good lyrics are nice, but they are a literary quality, not a musical quality
See >>68649317 We already covered that
>They don't enhance a song in a musical sense
Songs are both combined so your attempt to misdirect and confuse terminology won't work here.
>>
>>68649882
>defined as the marriage of both lyric and music. Obviously they can coexist and you can listen to songs with excellence in both.
They're still separate entities, dumbass. This is why a song with good music structure, but bad lyrics is still a good song and a song with bad music structure, but good lyrics is still a bad song.
>>
>>68649949
>They're still separate entities, dumbass
That's because you are not listening correctly. A good song is the perfect marriage of both.
>This is why a song with good music structure, but bad lyrics is still a good song
Not at all, because the lyrics are bad. Literally 50% of the song is poor.
>and a song with bad music structure, but good lyrics is still a bad song.
Not at all, because the music is bad. Literally 50% of the song is poor.

How many lit classes have you taken?
>>
File: image.gif (68KB, 320x221px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
68KB, 320x221px
Itt: bad songs carried by good lyrics:

The Mountain Goats - The Best Ever Death Metal Band in Denton
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4IsXKMkDAMQ

Leonard Cohen - Suzanne
youtube.com/watch?v=ZX0CfFdk-jw

Velvet Underground - Heroin
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6xcwt9mSbYE

>
>>
>>68650102
>Velvet Underground - Heroin
>https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6xcwt9mSbYE [Embed]
What's bad about this?
>>
>>68650000
How many music classes have you taken? Because you are a full-on pleb if you really believe that.
>>
>>68650128
>How many music classes have you taken?
Many. And they will tell you a song is the combination of music and lyrics, and to separate them is to poorly analyze the art

How about you?
>>
I usually don't think lyrics should be great but when I hear a song which lyrics are awful no amout of great melodies or instrumentation may save it.
>>
>>68650688
I also don't know if anything that I wrote here makes any sort of sense
>>
>>68650000
>That's because you are not listening correctly
WTF
LISTEN TO IT LOUDER
>>
>>68650896
Embarrassing
>>
>>68650000
Quads of truth
>>
>>68648031
Lyrics are objectively the least important part of most music. Some genres rely on it more than others (hip-hop, slowcore) but, on average, the instruments are the focus.
>>
>>68652337
that's not true, the vocals been the focus for the longest time
>inb4 the voice is an instrument
>>
There are albums that I can sing along with every word of but still not be able to tell you what any of them are about without sitting down and reading them

I basically just hear individual words as the melody instead of as verses or sentences

Anyone else?
>>
>>68652982
This

I'm also shit at understanding lyrics in general
>>
>>68652978
>"nuh uh"
Well you've convinced me
>>
>>68653051
Did you read the part where he mentions that vocals have been the focus for music for quite some time now?
>>
>>68653071
Yes. So cavemen had access to their vocal chords before they had sticks and stones. Real thought provoking analysis there.
>>
>>68653089
>implied "nuh uh"
Well you've convinced me
>>
>>68650102
>bad songs carried by good lyrics:

No such thing
>>
>>68654531
Literally the entire Bob Dylan discography...
>>
>>68655285
How is Blowing In The Wind a bad song?
>>
>>68649741
pic unrelated because that album is great musically
>>
>>68649355
if you're going to school for something other than stem you're wasting your time and money.

>cs major music minor
>>
>>68655545
>stem
No wonder you people don't understand lyrics.

Enjoy your competition for decent jobs. Meanwhile I'll enjoy literally any job I interview for and get hired.
>tfw Mass Comm major
>can literally be applied to anything, specifically "communication skills"
>>
>>68648031
Why is Viper with Trump
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.