[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Audio Industry Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: sd.jpg (35KB, 343x284px) Image search: [Google]
sd.jpg
35KB, 343x284px
Anyone here work in the audio industry? If possible I would like to know how much you make and if you can support yourself. Your current position would also be nice. I'm preparing for the future and seeing if i will be able to support me and my gf. Also any tips on how to do well in the industry would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>68646323
All the money is in TV or film.
>>
It's dead. You can do alright if you work in live sound, but little to no chance of breaking into studio recording work. All the big studios are dying as everyone is recording their stuff at home.

Only way to really make it is to befriend and record young breakthrough artists, or be one yourself.

Sorry.
>>
>>68646380
Also this. I have a friend who runs audio at sporting events (national level broadcast) who is doing very well.
>>
>>68646380
It dosent really matter what I do, I like the whole process of audio from what work I have done.
>>68646386
Yeah i'm aware of this, thats why im asking for help to see what I can do. It seems the only way to get a studio job for audio is through video games.
>>68646396
I heard live sound was fun and not to hard, but dosen't pay to great unless you work in it a LONG time
>>
>>68646433
Video games are a good idea, but the work is very different and difficult compared to music. WWise is a nightmare.

Live sound is pretty easy but VERY stressful when shit starts going wrong.
>>
>>68646528
I have done some live sound. (Very small, just some local church)
God I went full autismo And fucked up the audio cause the av guy was helping me out. Glad no one noticed.
>>
i have a bachelor's degree in audio and it is fucking useless.
>>
>>68646611
Where did you study?
>>
>>68646665
i fell for the full sail meme
>>
>>68646712
Sorry to here that man, Do you work in the industry?
>>
>>68646728

How do you expect to have a successful career in the audio industry when you can't spell hear?
>>
>>68646788
I have only been up 12 hours, give me a break.
I'm sorry you have never made a mistake.
>>
>>68646884
>How do you expect to have a successful career in the audio industry when you're a passive aggressive little bitch?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.