[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pipe organ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: a6278c43ed403fa830dc47e690bdb5fa.jpg (865KB, 2048x1529px) Image search: [Google]
a6278c43ed403fa830dc47e690bdb5fa.jpg
865KB, 2048x1529px
Has anyone heard a proper, x box hueg pipe organ in a massive cathedral?

I imagine that it gives you goosebumps and the low notes reverberate your body.

At :27 this sounds amazing and that's on ear buds.
https://youtu.be/ho9rZjlsyYY
>>
Forgot to ask: I'd love it if anyone could link me anything with a nice, commanding bass. Thanks.
>>
I was at St. Peter's Basilica in Rome and broke into tears when I heard the organ and choir. It was the most overwhelming experience of my life and I'm not even religious in the slightest
>>
>>68643740
>I'm not even religious in the slightest

Honestly, I'm not either and I figured I'd probably react the same way. I can't imagine what it was like for those living when these things were first built.
I'm very jealous.
>>
No one else?
>>
I have, a few years ago. It was pretty good, yeah. They have concerts there every now and then, it shouldn't be too difficult to see them again.
>>
My university ordered a big, made-to-measure pipe organ from a spanish maker for their new auditorium.
I never had the chance to hear it because corruption, defunding from the state government and a bunch of new big buildings being constructed at the same meant work on the auditorium had to be stalled and is several months behind schedule right now. Fuck yeah third world.
>>
There's one in my local church which i'm thinking of getting a few mics and just messing around with.

Any one got any tips? or done something similar?
>>
This is the one at my uni.
They've been having free listening's a few times a year and it sounds alright.
Most of the music played is just cheery baroque shit though.
>>
>>68643652
>there are people on this website who didn't get to listen to organ music every sunday morning in church
fucking heathens
>>
>>68647456
>Any one got any tips? or done something similar?

There is a soundfag on /out/ that does proper recordings of nature. iirc his YouTube channel is mjc recordings. Cool guy.

>>68647803
Where do you go? What are some pieces you'd like to hear played?

>>68648099
Welcome to 4chan.
>>
Listen to Charles-Marie Widor's organ symphonies.
>>
Ravedeath, 1972 was recorded using a big ole pipe organ in Reykjavik. Its an amazing album to boot. If you're into drone I would also check Shlongo!!! DaLUVdrone by Charlemagne Palestine. It's a chord on an organ held for 73 minutes with some minute variations. Good stuff.
>>
St jan's cathedral in 'S Hertogenbosch. If you are looking for a piece with a lot of low bass in it, I recommend listening to Bach's passacaglia and fugue in C minor.
>>
On a side note, it might be a little harder to find good organ concerts depending on where you live. Here in the netherlands there are a lot of historic organs and therefor a lot of organists. I don't think you have a lot of those in the states.
>>
File: 229_800.jpg (472KB, 680x1021px) Image search: [Google]
229_800.jpg
472KB, 680x1021px
>>68651637
>>
>>68651681
>I don't think you have a lot of those in the states.

Yeah, we don't really have those bad ass cathedrals you eurofags do.

Thanks anons, I'll check out your recommendations.
>>
>>68647803
>cheery baroque
more like cheesy baroque; this is the most overrated musical genre ever
>>
>>68653127
Why do you say that? /mu/isn't my home board so this may be a stupid question
>>
yes i've played one in an historical local cathedral its amazing
>>
>>68651708
This must be drop dead gorgeous in person.

>>68653542
What did you play? Tell me about your experience. I'm on one of my tangential knowledge binges and I'd like to know more.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.