[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nickelback

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1

File: lookatthisfilename.jpg (158KB, 830x498px) Image search: [Google]
lookatthisfilename.jpg
158KB, 830x498px
I want /mu/'s honest, meme-free opinion about these guys and their music.
>>
trash alice in chains ripoff with meaningless lyrics
>>
They are bad
>>
>>68641661
mediocre in an awful way
>>
>>68641693
AiC? I'd say Pearl Jam and Nirvana first
>>
It's garbage, but not "LE WORST BAND EVAR" like reddit likes to say.
>>
>>68641661
A band that probably gets more hate than it deserves, but is by no means good. Tries to be as edgy and hard as possible while still remaining safe enough to make it on local radio stations, which results in utterly boring and meaningless trash.
>>
>>68641768

name me a worse band then
>>
>>68641779
Foo Fighters.
>>
The deal with Nickelback is that they're not even bad in an interesting way. Everything about them is just so aggressively mediocre. Poor lyrics. Poor singing. Poor riffs. No creativity. Train wrecks can be at least fun to watch. They aren't the "worst thing of all time," but getting a D instead of an F on your test is even worse because it's not even noteworthy.
>>
>>68641826
i agree, foo fighters are worse than nickelback and they are pretty terrible
>>
>>68641826
Nickelback is way worse
>>
>>68641826
>>68641867
What's bad about them?
>>
>>68641928
a lot of people like them.
>>
>>68641973
No I'm asking about the music, not other people.
>>
http://dagobah.net/flash/Nickelback_simulator.swf
>>
>>68641998
He's trying to say mu hates them because they're popular
>>
>>68641833
Right. And this is why the Shaggs are ten thousand times more memorable than every mediocre band ever. They didn't just flunk the test. They accidentally shit on the desk.
>>
>>68642064
That's still not the correct answer
>>
Bland and inoffensive

A couple catchy hooks
>>
>>68642194
No shit
>>
>>68641833
>>68642088

I agree with you two and your dubs.

>be me three years ago, in 20-piece folk band
>play a show at a punk house with a three-man noise project, among others
>three guys doing random things in the garage
>irritating as fuck
>audience is sitting or standing in the driveway
>a couple old people (neighbors or family, presumably) sit silently in lawn chairs
>band's grand finale involved throwing firecrackers in a tire rim on the ground
>one guy douses them in gas and lights them on fire
>they shoot every which way, hitting audience members
>people start leaving
>realize it's the 4th of July and it was holiday-themed all along

Moral of the story is if you're gonna be sub-par, at least make it memorable
>>
>>68642337
>story about an audience being pelted with fireworks and gasoline
>somehow it's boring as fuck

You have written the Nickelback of greentexts, good job.
>>
>>68642337
>>be me three years ago, in 20-piece folk band
What did you play?
>>
Generic. They're cool to hate, even though the people that hate like even worse music. They're just generic, not bad enough to warrant the hate they have but not good enough for me to defend them.
>>
>>68642649
This is pretty much how it is with musicians that are cool to hate.
>>
>>68641661
They get universal hate for being just mediocre. What's better is that people who "hate" them haven't heard more than the singles
>>
Everybody fucked with How You Remind Me hard af when it came out
>>
Butt rock, but they're the best at it.
>>
>>68641693
They're more of a Pearl Jam/Nirvana ripoff. Godsmack is the AiC ripoff.
>>
>>68641826
Foo Fighters are pretty mediocre, but they're nowhere near as bad as Nickelback.
>>
>>68641661
Their biggest crime is mediocrity. They're just another generic post-grunge band like the Foo Fighters.
>>
they revived and maintained the relevance of rock music

underrated
>>
Good Musicians. Awful Artists. Terrible Music.
Music for people who aren't into music.
>>
>>68641661
I've listened to two of their albums (All the Right Reasons and Dark Horse) and I can honestly say that they are truly god-awful. Lots of people here are saying that they're just mediocre, but I'd say that they're far worse than that. Cringe-worthy lyrics, predictably boring song structures and obnoxious choruses. Not to mention horrendous production/mixing. Their singles are abysmal and their album tracks are no better.
>>
>>68641661
Mediocre and repeatitive
>>
>>68641661
fucking boring
>>
>>68641661
Lowest common denominator appeal. Literal musical shovelware.
>>
They just aren't really good. I heard songs from their early days and I've heard newer songs, and if I didn't know which was which, I wouldn't be able to tell by myself because it sounds the same. There is zero progression in their artistry, even relating the word artistry to them is already offensive. Their lyrics are also a cringefest.
>>
>>68646315
Nah man, there are an endless supply of high school talent show bands that are worse. "Bad" is a very strong claim, and hard to prove. In the grand scheme of things, they're mediocre, not bad.
>>
>>68641833
They're simply a Wallmart band, nothing more nothing less
>>
>>68646267
This. It's like hard rock for people who don't like it.

My dad who listens to almost nothing but soul loves Nickelback.
>>
They're a bad band with less of bad music, but no worse than almost every other Butt rock outfit. Normies hate them for no reason I think.
>>
>>68641779
Brokencyde
>>
the ubiquitously accepted post-grunge scapegoat
>>
>ITT: /mu/ finally accepts they have a soft spot for kekleback
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.