[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

which came first the musician or the music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Cycladic_idol_03_2_retouched.jpg (2MB, 2896x2292px) Image search: [Google]
Cycladic_idol_03_2_retouched.jpg
2MB, 2896x2292px
which came first

the musician or the music
>>
I you consider string theory, perhaps the music. As a materialist it would be the musician.
>>
>>68641946
That's the most incoherent thing I've read today

>>68641522
Someone became a musician when they played the first music, so it was a simultaneous thing of becoming
>>
We live in a world where the harsh noise wall is considered by some to be music, and the world is filled with background radiation, the noise of the universe if you will. So the music came first.
>>
what came first sound or people?
>>
music
>>
>>68641995
>That's the most incoherent thing I've read today
That made me laugh for some reason.

>>68641522
Music. Some cave dweller stumbled across some noises he liked and could control.
The musician part would then develop if he continued on with it or someone took notice of it, enjoyed it and developed it further.
>>
>>68641522
it depends on how you define music.

if by music, you mean sounds that are intentionally arranged to sound a certain way, then obviously the musician came first.
>>
birds
>>
>>68644417
>Some cave dweller stumbled across some noises he liked and could control.
if he's controlling noises to make them sound a certain way, then he's a musician.

>>68642255
>We live in a world where the harsh noise wall is considered by some to be music
true, but even harsh wall noise is intentionally arranged by someone controlling the way it sounds (aka a musician).
>>
>>68641522
Depends on what you count as music. Does the rhythmic drumming behavior found in Macaque Monkeys count as music? And in that case, is the Macaque Monkey a musician or not? So I suppose the answer to this question is subjective, depending on how you define music and how you define a musician
>>
maybe everybody is a musician and everything is music
>>
>>68645046
But what is a musician but an organism of the universe, thus being an extension of the universe itself, the universe as everything manifesting to be a musician arranging sounds? The musician(s) are part and are the universe. Music can be anything, it's only some vibrations that resonate with us especially that make them more "musical", but really it's arbitrary.
>>
>>68645261
really makes you think...
>>
>>68645261
>Music can be anything
i disagre, but that takes us back to this post
>>68645005
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.