[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why arent you working on your magmun opus?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: Cover.jpg (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
1MB, 1000x1000px
Why arent you working on your magmun opus?
>>
My next album doesn't come out until February and I don't want to start writing right away so I don't end up hating the album when it comes out.
>>
File: least rare pepe.jpg (29KB, 656x465px) Image search: [Google]
least rare pepe.jpg
29KB, 656x465px
Because I have to go to college and pay my bills and I have little energy or motivation.
>>
>>68641058
>releasing albums on a set schedule
o i am laffin
>>
>>68641016
I don't want to kill myself yet
>>
>>68641016
>implying Relayer isn't better
>>
I was but I got rejected by the label I really wanted it to go on so I gave up halfway through. Pretty lame excuse, but I was already struggling with ideas and balancing my life with my art and this just sorta made me not want to do anything for a while
>>
because I can't practice in my apartment :(
>>
>>68641077
if you on a record label, you are forced to
>>
I don't have near the amount of life experience yet, and still working on formal elements.
>>
>>68641077
>>68641184

Yeah this is the first album I've released on a label and it's killin me to have to sit on music when I used to release it more or less week/day/minute it was finished. But I get to have physical media, music videos, and some radio airplay so I can definitely overlook the waiting.
>>
>>68641277
if you are satisfied with the album right now, dont fucking listen to it until it comes out. you'll start to doubt yourself and end up hating it like you said
>>
>>68641184
Sounds like a shit label, mate. Get yourself a new deal.
>>
>>68641394
Honestly I've listened to it a lot and I'm pretty happy with it, don't see myself hating it. It's probably the best work I've ever done.

>>68641415
it takes time to do physical media and press and stuff like that. I don't think any real label has been able to release music at the drop of a hat. I guess internet labels but I never really got the point of those anyway.
>>
File: Eric Taxxon - Sky Simplified.png (26KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Eric Taxxon - Sky Simplified.png
26KB, 2000x2000px
I already finished it.
>>
Advice for anybody who might need it:

All the songs you're ever gonna write are swimming around inside your brain right now. In order to write your magnum opus, you're gonna have to get all the medicore stuff out first. Keep writing. It might not age well, but you gotta keep it up if you want that perfect album
>>
>>68641548
Post your shit
I want to be your fan
>>
Twin Fantasy is my magnum opus
>>
>>68641159
>being this contrarian
>>
>>68641016
Really hard to get motivated knowing all the suffering and shit going on. I'll get on it though.
>>
>>68643770
Do you mean that you find it hard to make art because helping to alleviate the suffering of the world through more straightforward ways seems more important, or that the suffering of the world makes you apathetic?
>>
>>68642131
I liked Hotel Songs more desu m8
>>
>>68643679
ily will
>>
>>68643368
Haha ok but don't get mad if it's not great

https://qpup.bandcamp.com/
>>
>>68641016

i did some good work on it today okay
>>
>>68644306
Not so much my type of music but definitely not bad. I started listening to the 100 fires one and I'm liking that a good amount though.

Keep on truckin Q-pup
>>
>>68644527

Haha thanks, you keep trucking as well
>>
>>68641016
>magmun
>>
>>68641016
I am

Well, my current project isn't it, but it will lead me there
>>
>>68641016
I'm completely stuck on it, so I'm working on something else lest I decide to just scrap everything I have and start from scratch.
>>
>>68644051
>Do you mean that you find it hard to make art because helping to alleviate the suffering of the world through more straightforward ways seems more important

Exactly. But even if I volunteer at a soup kitchen for homless people, those people will still be homeless tomorrow etc.
>>
File: laff.gif (2MB, 700x306px) Image search: [Google]
laff.gif
2MB, 700x306px
>implying I have any talent at all
>>
because I dont have money to afford instruments.
I only have a bass, and it's not enough to compose the music i'd like to
>>
>>68646368
Shit I feel the same way. I try to write lyrics about sensitive matters without falling into affectation, but even then I can't stop thinking it could be better to just go with the Red Cross to Africa.

How can artists make today's world a better place? Or should be just stop caring about that and make music for upper class people who will buy vip passes?
>>
>>68646368
Ah ok. Then I can most definitely relate to this feel. There was an Oscar Wilde essay I read some of for school once where he talked about how charity is, while kind, ultimately dangerous because it distracts from the true issue which is the faulty system creating the suffering. This article really fucked me up because there's no way I'm going to be able to come up with ways to fix "systems."

Of course, charity is better than nothing. And it's hard to tell how helpful to the world art really is, which is aggravating. I can dig what Kafka said about a book potentially being the "ax to the frozen sea inside the reader" or whatever, but you know what I mean.
>>
>>68648619
A bass is one of the top 5 instruments for composers tho
You have no excuse when we can digitally program sound
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.