[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of Bob Segar?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (114KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
114KB, 1440x1080px
What does /mu/ think of Bob Segar?
>>
>>68640750
dadrock
>>
Ultimate dadrock. Seriously, you don't even know dadrock until you've been forced to sit in a car with your parents as your dad tunes in "Old Time Rock and Roll" on the local CRR station.
>>
>Don't have a problem jamming on some Bob Seger
>Nowhere near a "dad" age

I can sing the fuck outta
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJNxlG-0ZDk
>>
>>68641046
>Old Time Rock and Roll
Oh god, I think this might be my least favorite song of all time
>>
>>68641125
It's one of those bad 70s songs aimed at 30-somethings who wanted to have a nostalgia wank over the 50s. My dad said he did remember back then that Bob Segar's fans were generally older and not the usual 13 year old rock demographic.
>>
He looks exactly the way he sounds.
>>
At a high school football game, a drunk guy mistook my dad for Bog Seger.
>>
>>68641125
There's much, much worse songs than that. For instance, "Don't Stop Believin'".
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
Against The Wind [Capitol, 1980]

Slow song about sex, medium song about love alternating with slow song about love, medium song about sex. And the title track, second single, and concept are a slow song about the futility of life, just in case you think he's "sold out" or such. C+
>>
Bob Seger fuckin rules and anyone who disagrees can fight me after this little league game right after I down this pbr
>>
>>68642312
PS the Eagles also rule.
>>
Main Street is a good song. However, it's good due to the guitar work more than Bob's voice. The rest of his career can happily go in the wastebin for all I care.
>>
>>68641166
>>68642141
Yeah, listen to a song like Horizontal Bop. That's a deliberately retro 50s tune. Shit's not what the kids were into in 1980.
>>
Not gonna lie, I love Night Moves.

Everything else can get fucked though.
>>
That's funny 'cause in the very beginning of his career in the late 60s, he was doing proto-punk rock antiwar songs. IDG why he later decided to appeal to 50s nostalgia wankers.
>>
I've heard all of his popular songs thousands of times, and I don't really feel like listening to any of his albums. Turn the Page is my jam for feels while driving at night
>>
Her Strut is a sick jam.
>>
>>68642312
>>68642557
Glad I didn't have a redneck dad.
>>
I like most of his stuff
>with the exception of a few songs
>>
One of the best white men to appropriate black people's music. (and he's an American NOT a Brit!)
>>
So what Bob Seger song do you prefer? Country ballad or Chuck Berry rocker?
>>
>>68643285
thought he was black for years

ignorance is bliss
>>
>>68642141
Seger has said that ATW was the best album he did and the most fun to work on although many contemporary critics though he sold out by reaching too hard for Top 40.
>>
night moves and hollywood nights is good shit desu senpai

the rest is not tho
>>
>>68642557
Half the Eagles and their producer worked with him on Against The Wind.

Actually, Seger had worked with Glen Frey way back in 1969 when he was an unknown 21 year old session musician.
>>
"The song also got the attention of Bob Dylan that year; he referenced it during a long stage rap at one of his gospel shows. "I know not too many people are gonna tell you about Jesus," Dylan said. "I know Jackson Browne's not gonna do it; he's running on empty. I know Bruce Springsteen's not gonna do it, cause he's born to run and he's still running. And the Eagles, they're on that long run. And Bob Seger's not gonna do it 'cause he's running against the wind.""
>>
>>68643568
this

night moves is a classic jam
>>
>>68641046
Totally. This is the shit that middle aged men listen to while washing their car.
>>
Sounds like he's trying hard to push out a loaf on the toilet while recording his songs.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.