[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coil thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

File: 11915F.jpg (392KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
11915F.jpg
392KB, 1280x1280px
Let's talk about Coil

What's your favourite album? Fav track?
>>
File: cover.jpg (155KB, 600x598px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
155KB, 600x598px
pic related.

mü-ür is the best track.
>>
>>68639471
I love this album cover so much
>>
>>68639422
lol there hasnt been a coil discussion that lasted over 50 posts in a whiiiile

anyways, been listening to Stolen and Contaminated Songs a lot.
>>
Amber Rain is one of the best songs ever made
>>
I think Horse Rotorvator is my fav

and Ostia is my fav song
>>
File: R-194333-1352922990-2750.jpeg.jpg (73KB, 600x586px) Image search: [Google]
R-194333-1352922990-2750.jpeg.jpg
73KB, 600x586px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NZ0qRptuFs
>>
>>68639422
>Album
...And The Amblulampse....
>Track
Either Fire of the Mind or Ether
>>
Finally a Coil thread, they are definetly one of my favorite artists. They are criminally underrated.

>Fav album
Musick to Play in the Dark 1 or 2, i love both albums.

>Fav song
Batwings.
>>
>>68641243

woo woo

Musick to Play in the Dark are great.

I wonder why coil doesn't get talked about more on this site. Well, these days, anyway.
>>
Its really too bad John Balance lost his... balance
>>
>>68641486
w-why anon? :-(
>>
>>68641486

lol fuck off
>>
File: eskaton23.jpg (77KB, 600x539px) Image search: [Google]
eskaton23.jpg
77KB, 600x539px
>>68639422
>favourite album?
MTPITD2
>Fav track?
Other than Batwings, Tiny Golden Books or Where Are You?
Went on a huge Coil kick back in March but haven't listened much since. I've been meaning to listen to LSD though.

Opinions on pic related? I've seen people say it's the best thing they released but I wasn't a big fan the first time through.

>>68641458
>Chris Balance
You tried
>>
>>68641458
>>68641486
retard
>>
Black antlers is my favorite album, but it's really hard to choose, I love time machines an worship the glitch.
Very hard to choose best song, maybe dark river, black antlers, opium hum
>>
>>68641532
forgetful troll
>>
File: cover.jpg (83KB, 600x603px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
83KB, 600x603px
along with astral disaster i kind of want to give a shoutout to pic related. great for falling asleep to.

generally all their ambient/drone albums are very helpful if you are prone to insomnia like me.
>>
DON'T LET THIS THREAD DIE
>>
>>68641513
I think it's pretty great. Not the best thing they've done but it's up there. Try listening to it as four separate EPs like it was originally released.
>>
File: soisong.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
soisong.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
Anyone get to see Coil live before Jhonn died? I sadly had the chance to see them but chose pussy instead like a whipped idiot.

I did however see SoiSong live 8 years ago so that makes me feel a little better. Even shook Sleazys hand.
>>
Coil was hugely influential on the younger me, getting me really into the whole ritual drug sex thing. I still like the band a lot, it had a very unique style. I think And The Ambulance and Live Four are their best, or maybe LSD or Horse Rotorvator from studio albums. They have too have good songs to list but The Snow is one I still listen to regularly.
>>
Just listened to Backwards for the first time last night, really like that version of Fire of the Mind.
>>
>>68643267
I like every song on that album but I honestly think that the Ape of Naples versions are all 100% superior. Also Amber Rain should not be the third song on the album at all.

Fuck I still need to listen to The New Backwards though, last time I stopped at Nature Is A Language I think. I don't remember why I stopped I was kinda digging it
>>
>>68643976
Didn't say it was better, just said I really liked it
>>
For favorite album it's a tie between Musick 1 and Ape Of Naples
Favorite song would probably be Amethyst Deceivers

What do you think their weakest release is?
>>
this track always blows me away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmF3zZSK8oQ

super powerful if you've known anyone that committed suicide
>>
File: folder.jpg (300KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
300KB, 600x600px
>>68639502
then you love Steven Stapleton's work then.
>>
File: coil-musick-to-play-in-the-dark.jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
coil-musick-to-play-in-the-dark.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
Pic related but Scatology and Black Antlers are also favorites of mine.

Fav track of all time is probably Strange Birds or Ether, The Dreamer is Still Asleep (from ...And The Ambulance) is close behind though.
>>
>>68643976
I'd say the new Nature is a Language is better. The version on New Backwards has some grating vocals.
>>
>>68641243
Same.
>>
>tfw none of Coil's albums aside from Ape/New Backwards will NEVER EVER get reissued

fuck everything
>>
Where do I start with Coil? and what should I expect
>>
Start with Horse Rotorvator, Love's Secret Domain, and Ape of Naples.

Three albums with very different sounds.
>>
>>68646477
>>68646555
forgot to add the reply
>>
>>68646477
From start, man. Then you can follow their progression.
>>
Fav album is Horse Rotorvator. Fav track from it is Anal Staircase, with Ostia close behind, but fav track from all their output is probably Dreamer is Still Asleep or Sex with Sun Ra
>>
File: coil flowchart 2.jpg (2MB, 3285x1947px) Image search: [Google]
coil flowchart 2.jpg
2MB, 3285x1947px
>>68646477
I used this chart back when I wanted to go deeper into their discography but wasn't sure where to go next.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.