[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tyler the creator/ofwgkta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: heeey3d28riqazrxdyqs_l1xn9q.jpg (307KB, 1440x1433px) Image search: [Google]
heeey3d28riqazrxdyqs_l1xn9q.jpg
307KB, 1440x1433px
what is the general opinion of tyler and ofgwkta? are they overrated, "edgy," or is there a bigger message behind it all?
>>
fuck school and fuck my parents

*kickflips*
>>
>>68638057
You are like 4 years late
>>
>>68638137
cherry bomb and ego death were both released in 2015, i'd say the group is still keeping themselves relevant
>>
>>68638057
considering how the guy's fanbase consists of emo hipster teens.. the answer should be clear
>>
>>68638057
One of my favorite artists besides TOP and Childish Gambino.
>>
>>68638092
Woah guys did you just see that sweet kickflip?
>>
their hype was so shortlived, it's actually pretty sad.

they could've solidified a Wu Tang-tier legacy if they released a stellar album featuring all of their talented members: Tyler, Earl, Frank, Syd, maybe Domo

Instead they blew their load on that shitty fucking OF Tape 2. Didn't even release a Radical 2 which had the potential to be GOAT with a high production value.

They'll be a blip in music history but Tyler will be remembered as the Eminem of the 2010s and Earl will have an MF DOOM-tier legacy.

That's all that can really be said about the group, in summation. It was fun though.
>>
>>68638320

>Tyler will be remembered as the Eminem of the 2010s and Earl will have an MF DOOM-tier legacy.

lol fuck no

these Earl/DOOM comparisons are fucking retarded, they don't sound similar and Earl is a terrible rapper
>>
>>68638335
except I said MF DOOM-tier legacy, not directly comparing him to Doom himself. Stop being so spastic.
>>
>>68638394

you're still wrong lmao
>>
>>68638431
Okay, mr. psychic. Nice strawman
>>
>>68638159
cherry bomb killed his career completely
>>
>>68638490

it's his best album though

no freaking clue why it got so much hate

leagues better than everything he did before, seriously
>>
>>68638528
bad production
bad songwriting
bad singing

not sure how many reasons you want
>>
>>68638571

way better production than the previous trilogy
same with songwriting
there wasn't even that much singing
>>
>>68638592
Tyler has absolutely no talent in the various styles he experiments with ripping off on this album. Honestly the production and songwriting are so bad in every aspect of every song it's not worth trying to explain why it's so tasteless. I just have no idea how you can not tell

He made decent hip hop and someone tricked him into thinking that makes him a good musician in any genre he likes
>>
>>68638159
>i'd say the group is still keeping themselves relevant
lol
>>
>>68638057
OF could have been great but they all just ended up drifting off doing their own thing. OF could still be something great but they've drifted off so much and have such little creativity riding solo.

The Internet really isn't all that good, all of their songs really sound the fucking same.
>Tyler basically doesn't care for rapping all that much
>Earl is the only one with real promise that has a chance of really becoming a rap legend
>Domo is doing ok, but not much other than that.
>Hodgy and Left Brain are jokes
>Jasper and Taco are severely autistic leeches
>Frank Ocean could be a GOAT if he would release more stuff and actually be on the ball for once. Blonde could have been a smash hit, but it had a troubled release not to mention his name had lost a lot of relevancy.
>Mike G is an absolute nobody.

Like the other poster said, they had so much hype but it was really shortlived, one part of me hopes that they get together and make a group tape but who fucking knows.
>>
>>68638750

>>Earl is the only one with real promise that has a chance of really becoming a rap legend

why the fuck do people say this

like seriously, Earl a legend? are you fucking kidding me? that's a massive insult to ACTUAL legends.
>>
>>>/2010/
>>
>>68638786
That guy is overstating what will actually probably happen.

Earl will be remembered in 10 years time like J Dilla is today.
>>
>>68638813
Hell be fine
>>
Anyone remember when Hodgy was hyped to be the shit? Being featured on tracks like Sandwitches...

Now he's even more of a nobody than fucking Mike G.
>>
>>68638838
I really wonder what Hodgy does in his day-to-day life.
>>
To be honest, Hip Hop (and California especially) needed people like Tyler and Odd Future. Tyler shows that you can be yourself in the hip hop industry, and you don't need to be from the hood or put on a fake thug act for people to relate/enjoy your music. Tyler and OF helped Cali expand out from its Gangster rap roots.
>>
>>68639012
That's something that's been in the making for a while now. Perhaps Tyler brought it to the mainstream, but that's beside the point.
>>
>>68638838
Its sad. Wasted potential.
>>
>>68639012
Well.. he did rap about raping pregnant women. But you know..
>>
>>68639012

>Tyler shows that you can be yourself in the hip hop industry

did you forget when Kanye did that in the mid 2000s?
>>
>>68638988
taking care of his son

blacking old tattoos out until hes completely black
>>
>>68639012
Kanye was the one that killed Gangsta rap. California stemmed out from Gangsta rap a long time ago, senpai. Listen to more Bay Area rappers.
>>
>>68638057
2011 is dead and gone, the magic left him after Goblin.

>>68638208
Can't tell if this is a joke
>>
>>68638838
I went to a Pro Era concert in LA back in July, Hodgy Beats had an unannounced set and I don't think anybody even knew who he was.
>>
>>68639302
that looks fucking terrible
>>
>>68638057
fun
>>
>>68638057
Things fucked up and shit
>>
They were fun for a few months in 2011 because they seemed like a 'punk' (or juvenile, to some people it has the same meaning) form of rap for those of us who still didn't know what the fuck rap was (asides from family-friendly era Eminem). Goblin is something I still listen to every eighteen months or so.
>>
>>68638750
What about Lucas Vercetti?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.