[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is pic related the only good Marilyn Manson album? I recently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: 1280x1280.jpg (122KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1280x1280.jpg
122KB, 1280x1280px
Is pic related the only good Marilyn Manson album? I recently started to listen to his music and it seems i only like this album,tried 2-3 other too,but didn't liked it.Does he have any other good albums?
Also 00's music thread.
>>
The Pale Emperor is really good desu.
>>
I don't know, I thought High End of Low was a fun album
>>
>>68628421
Antichrist Superstar is his best
>>
>>68628421

I mean, if you don't like mechanical animals or antichrist you probably wouldn't like anything else
>>
>>68628673
>tfw they'll never be buddies again

:(
>>
>>68628693
besides pic related i listened to Born Villain and Pale Emperor and didn't liked it,but yeah ill check these 2 later,maybe they are good.
>>
>>68628803

lol, you started with the new shit? wtf
>>
>>68628421
Nah. I vividly remember staying up late one night to listen to a promo interview with Mr. Brian Warner on Radio 1's 'The Rock Show'. He talked in his reassuring, measured faux-baritone about his dissatisfaction with the political state of America post 9/11, the commercialization of Art and his recent fascination with burlesque/cabaret, particularly from 1930s Germany and Weimar Republic. All of these had apparently been a huge influence on his most recent album. Manson was a coherent and charismatic media interviewee (back then at least) and he did make this whole concept sound pretty interesting. I figured this one would continue those great formulas of spiteful lyrics + heavy industrial influence + accessible pop songwriting = GOLD! Plus, I remembered that interview and figured 'goth cabaret' sounded pretty good to my Christian Death-lovin' metro ass right about now.

Surprise kids! This shit ain't cabaret, I know now that I was retarded to think it would be anything other than loud guitars and synths compressed into a solid wall of 'NU METAL GAWTH' but jeez I figured he would at least turn shit down a little, set up a brass band or accordions, some shit like that?

So what's he got to sing about? Well pretty much just himself, his undeniable status as an innovator, charismatic rockstar and general special special man. Suckas indeed be hating, but only because they're jealous faggots. Oh and the bitchez! Don't let it ever be said that Manson doesn't fuck maaad bitchez. So basically it's a mallgoth version of a Chief Keef album. Actually fuck that, I hate Chief and even I can't insult it that badly; this is a mallgoth version of a Dipset album, just Manson boasting and clutching his nutsack for 1 hr. Check these dartz: 'This ain't music and we ain't a band, we're 5 middle fingers on a motherfuckin' hand'. Yeah, you think it's weak now, but give it a chance: You might change your mind the 15th time you hear it (that's right, that's a chorus right there).
>>
>>68628882
Manson talks a good game, or used to anyway, and there was an INCREDIBLE of media coverage and interview conferences before the release of this very record (directly following the hyped Bowling for Columbine appearance... will he finally deliver something poignant in the wake?, etc. etc.), describing it would be influenced by dada, burlesque, art and so on, and citing some relatively obscure figures in those movements. It wasn't the coolest thing ever, but it had -something- going for it.

What's more clear once you here the record is that he seems to have cherrypicked them for stupid fucking stuff he could get away with referencing without really having to change his usual sound, kind of like when you write an essay and then look for quotes to support it rather than reading any books first. And again, the question is why? Manson isn't even at university! He doesn't really need to provide references. For the most part, what Manson seems to think dada is about is really fucking shitty wordplay, and it fails more often than it succeeds, but is kind of funny in the process.

Still, this made me realise that even before making 'emo' albums (you know, for muh kids!) and becoming the male Lindsay Lohan/car-crash - 'blog-fodder' - 19 year old fucking - jawline drawing - bloated - warbling arsehole he is today, Manson was musically wack without a Daisy or Trent to bounce off.
>>
>>68628882
too long; didn't read
>>
>>68628938
>>
File: Image4 - Copy.jpg (354KB, 1038x303px) Image search: [Google]
Image4 - Copy.jpg
354KB, 1038x303px
>>68628803
>>
File: R-331922-1228295908.jpeg.jpg (68KB, 402x373px) Image search: [Google]
R-331922-1228295908.jpeg.jpg
68KB, 402x373px
>>
>>68628803
lol, what a pleb
>>
Pic related will always be best Manson album.

TGOG is so bad it is kind of good.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.