[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have A Nice Life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

File: 25142230.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
25142230.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pp9DC56hh8

can we talk about this
>>
I remember when this album came out and it had a ton of hype here, I still haven't listened to it and idk why. I've liked all the bits I have heard. thanks for reminding me to check it out OP
>>
What exactly do you want to discuss about it, OP?
>>
i wanna kill myself while listening to this
>>
>>68624572
i only listened to i dont love by far and im really digging it.
>>
>>68624655

listen to bloodhail or deep deep
>>
>>68624655
it's the best track.

I remember loving this album and their other album years ago. It didn't really stand the test that well though.
>>
>>68624642
"Knowing that an individual death is meaningless - any individual
death, especially your own - that you are not a person, but a statistic
- and noticing, more each day, the countless deaths that occur around
you - of other people, of animals, of insects, of the sick and infirm, of
accident victims, of plants ripped from the earth and worms crushed
beneath the blades of plows - of authors in their rooms, scribbling out
desperate words in the backs of books no one will ever read- even the
shattering of molecular bonds, the disintegration of atomic structures,
happening in every moment, millions in each nanosecond, everywhere -

This is Deathconsciousness -
And It begs the question - “What is the point?”
>>
Bloodhail, Holy Fucking Shit: 40,000, and Earthmover made this album a 10/10
>>
>>68624692
agree
>>
>>68624572
I really forgot about Deathconsciousness, but it still has one of my favourite openers and the transition to Bloodhail is god tier.
>>
>>68624572
I can't believe Hunter never gets mentioned when this album is discussed. It's one of my favourite songs ever
>>
>>68624678
Sure, there is no point, but at the same time there is a point because this life is the only one we got. May as well stick with it till the end.
>>
>>68624807

even nietzsche said life hasn't got any sense but it's worth living. to be honest i don't know what to do
>>
>>68624869
do what you feel like doing, not always what you think you should do
>>
>>68624792

actually i love it, especially the meaning

"The fact that he was struck in the back and sides might represent that God trusted humanity with his compassion and love, but was surprisingly betrayed by his creation."
>>
>>68624869
>memesche
just do spirituality shit
>>
>>68624927

like WHAT
>>
>>68624968
fap copiously
>>
>>68624968
DMT
>>
>>68624572
I think the production is unnecessarily bad. I get that it's going for a certain aesthetic but it's at the point where it gets in the way. Bloodhail is fantastic (as are earthmover, deep deep and a few other tracks), but theres a bit too much filler on the album as a whole in my opinion. It's still like an 8/10 though.
>>
>>68624792
it's deffo top 4 of the tracks
>>
Overrated /mu/core only redeeming thing is that he made the album with $1,000
>>
>>68624968
start the path towards enlightenment dude (avoid new age scams tho)
>>
>>68625140
enlightenment doesn't really exist buddy.
>>
>>68625153
ok buddy
>>
>>68624968
Pick a game and play it, you're here because as a god you were bored. Entertain yourself, and if you can entertain others while you do that that's even better.
>>
>>68625159
really it "doesn't if you ever do reach that state things that full your ego like art no longer are concerns to you
which is most of them just end up going to some mountain in india just to sleep in nature all day.
just something our brains can't handle.
you can reach satori thru lsd but staying in that state of mind isn't logical while living in the western world.
>>
>>68625192
I don't see it as an either 'on' or 'off' thing
>>
>>68625211
go on
>>
>>68625192
I think shrooms help me with stuff but I don't think I'll want to take them for a year or so or something. They really helped me come to terms with death. Anyways, goodnight. Thanks /bleep/, u da real MVP
>>
>>68625222
Why is it either 'completely controlled by ego' or 'no ego at all'? Just moving towards the latter can be helpful to anyone dealing with depressive shit
>>
>>68625255
Okay now I understand what you mean. yeah sure I agree
I just like to warn people searching for that state in the long term can cause more harm than good.
>>
>>68625282
>can cause more harm than good.
what do you mean by this?
>>
>>68625319
You never really know if you actually killed your ego or it just manifested itself into something more harmful. Friend of mine went on Vipassana Meditation retreat which is 10 days of meditation all day with no talking. came back depressed and suicidal.
i hear lots of people have success doing transcendental meditation which I might try soon.
>>
>>68625068
>Filler
Nice b8
>>
>>68624678
>"But then I got a girlfriend and noticed that death isn't that sad when you aren't a fat neckbeard loser. But I still have to make music for the edgy suburban brats on 4chan. My career... is doomed."

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>68624678
>And It begs the question
No it doesn't.
>>
All you sad bums just remember that this guy now has a real anime babe wife and doesn't give a fuck about edgy nihilism right now
>>
It's one of my favorite albums, the lo-fi production isn't usually something I like (especially with shoegaze) but it makes it feel very small and intimate in a way. Amazing songwriting, he can take literal GarageBand preset drum loops and make them interesting.
>>68627617
He's still making new Giles Corey music and one of the songs he's been playing live (Dan You are Such An Asshole) is depressing as hell. He's still got it, his music will always be gloomy even if it's not about flat-out suicidal depression.
>>
>>68627987
I am aware , but I'm making light of this to posts like this >>68624678
>>
this is edgy as fuck
>>
>>68627987
Holy shit just listened to this song, he's still got it
>>
>>68624666

>bloodhail

fucking pleb. you made up for it partially with deep deep though

earthmover is best track
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.