[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts? I kind of like it honestly.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: 1468624025704.jpg (32KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1468624025704.jpg
32KB, 300x300px
Thoughts?
I kind of like it honestly.
>>
autistic buttrock
>>
>>68619381
probably one of the best mainstream concept pop albums of the 2000s
Actually had a story/theme you could understand unlike Greenday which had a complete mess of characters and concepts
>>
>>68619407
My thoughts exactly.
It came out when I was in 7th or 8th grade and I went back to see if it was actually good or just shit pop music I liked.

It's an album that accomplishes everything it sets out to do and a little more.
>>
>>68619381
It's legitimately a great album that was ruined by its own fanbase
>>
>>68619609
this
>>
>>68619407
I think the fact the album lets you in what it's like to be MCR was better than The Patient's story within the album.

Sharpest Lives is easily the best track, followed by Famous Last Words and Disenchanted.
>>
>>68619609
This, it's the Undertale of /mu/
>>
garbage.17 year olds in here trying to justify their bad taste
>>
>>68619381
it's good.
>>
>>68619609
Yup. I'm certain that if this album was released by an underground artist it would be rated a lot higher.
>>
>>68619407
agreed with this, the album itself comes together really well and although some songs here or there are duds the theme as a whole is consistent
>>
>>68619643
redditor spotted
>>
Greatest, most ambitious pop punk album of all time. Would be a 10/10 except that Teenagers has completely nothing to do with the concept that literally every other song explores on the album. It legitimately pisses me off that it wasn't just a bonus track
>>
>>68619643
salutations, visitor from reddit
>>
>>68619695
Agreed, although I do like the song on its own.
>>
WHEN I WAS
>>
>>68619778
NOW TUUUUUUUUUUURN AWAAAAY
>>
>>68619727
I do too. it just blows my mind that the band makes this insanely coherent concept album about a dying cancer patient, approach it from so many angles, explore it in such depth and with such musical diversity, and then just decide to throw on a 2 minute radio hit that has literally zero relevance. What a shame
>>
>>68619810
I HURT MYSELF TODAY
>>
>>68619643
it's perfectly fine to have bad taste
>>
>>68619710
See you in a month
>>
>>68619778
A YOUNG WARTHOOOOOOG
>>
>>68619381
I like the songs, but I guess I don't understand the story as much?

I'm fucking retarded. Need someone to explain the significance of each song as it combines into a "concept album".
>>
File: 1471611799870.jpg (181KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1471611799870.jpg
181KB, 500x500px
>>68619695
>her favourite MCR song is Teenagers
>the only song she knows from Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge is I'm Not Okay
>she thinks that The Black Parade is better than Danger Days

I hate chicks who "like" My Chemical Romance.
>>
>>68619893
>thinking Danger Days is better than The Black Parade

I hate redditors who "like" My Chemical Romance.
>>
>>68619891
It's about a dying cancer patient. Now go listen to the album and about maybe a minute in you'll facepalm and realize how obvious it is
>>68619893
Danger Days is pretty ass but the rest is a crime, especially having Teenagers as your fav song of theirs. Even outside of the whole album thing how could you pick that over Mama or Famous Last Words
>>
>>68619937
>>68619943
Except Danger Days is their most consistent album. Sure it's also their popiest, but every song gives you that feeling of speed and danger on the open road that makes it just feel right.
On top of that, it has better flow than the Black Parade. Sure songs like Cancer, Mama and Sleep are good, but coming after Welcome, House of Wolves and Dead they just drag.
>>
>>68619815
I suppose if I did want to argue in favour of it, I would say that it's nice to have an upbeat song instead of Sleep straight into Disenchanted.
>>
>>68619681
>>68619697
damn i stop looking at /mu/ for 2 months and i miss the spiciest memes my b
>>
>>68620008
Yeah why should albums have rises and falls. Why shouldn't they just be ALL rise?

Get the fuck out with your shitty Barney-tier tastes. Faggot.
>>
>>68620008
>mama
>dragging

How? That song is pure flare. The bridge gets my blood boiling every time. Cancer is perfect after those 3 songs to give you time to catch your breath. It's a good sonic change of pace as well as an emotional change of pace that keeps the listener aware that in the end this is really a devastatingly sad album, which could be easily to forget after the last 3 songs which are all sadly lyrically but a lot of fun sonically.
>>
>>68620084
That's a fair point, and I've thought about that before, but obviously that can't excuse it
>>
>>68620160
Yeah, Mama's the odd one out of those songs. But the spoken lines and sobbing at the end really detract from the isolation we get in Cancer, where you feel that despite the cancer patient's message to his family/the audience, he's absolutely alone.

>>68620084
>>68620198
I wouldn't say Teenagers is upbeat. Sure it's catchy and energetic, but you can't help but feel like they're taking the piss out of the idea of teenager vs adults.
>>
>>68620270
I'm confused. You realize that Mama is a flashback right? Like a look back to the past where he did something awful that his mom never fully forgave him for? Cancer is the now, mama is him lamenting about his fucked up past
>>
>>68620311
I never saw it as a flashback, I took it more as a deathbed lamentation. The point of it isn't really his relation with his mother, but he's reflection on life in general. As someone with cancer looking back at life, he can't help but feel life's a war and he's been fucked from the start.
>>
>>68619381
Great album back then, great album today.

Shame they don't make music any more, I actually really like Danger Days and appreciate they were willing to make sure each album had it's own style and sound.
>>
>>68620340
All of what you said was true, and that's the argument the speaker makes, but it's an argument he has with her in the verse in his defense of something he did wrong. The two are woven together. I don't think it takes away from the isolated feeling at all due to the fact that it IS a deathbed lamentation, an awake nightmare of sorts where he's tortured both by the errs of his past and the imminent blackness of his future
>>
I feel like Gerard knew that this is what MCR was to him, and that's why he's spun into full-time comics now. He's always wanted to tell stories, and he felt music was the best way to do so until it wasn't anymore.
>>
>>68620504
True

Still a dick move for them to put that shit on their facebook and get everyone including me hype for a reunion just to do a reissue of Black Parade

Just kidding, but not really at all
>>
>>68619609
Well said
>>
welcome to the ass parade
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.