[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will /mu/ admit that this is the best album of all time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

When will /mu/ admit that this is the best album of all time
>>
>>68619129
When you get off the internet, Gramps.
>>
not even the best pink floyd album. Atom Heart Mother or bust jigga nigga
>>
>literally contrarian: the album
What's next, early Beach Boys was better than late Beach Boys?
>>
Its the best from 1967.
Best from floyd too
>>
I'll accept that the mono version is much better than the stereo version.
>>
>>68619163
How? Some people prefer fantasy themed psych.
>>
>>68619152
>"...all band members have expressed negativity toward it in recent times."
>Gilmour has said the album was "a load of rubbish. We were at a real down point ... I think we were scraping the barrel a bit at that period"
>Waters said "If somebody said to me now – right – here's a million pounds, go out and play Atom Heart Mother, I'd say you must be fucking joking."
>>
That's not Saucerful of Secrets
>>
>>68619190
so fucking what? Gira thinks The Burning World is a bad album when it's objectively the best. Artists are their worst critics sometimes.
>>
>>68619190
Kek even pink floyd admits it's shit
>>
>>68619190
Not relevant
>>
>>68619220
>Artists are their worst critics sometimes.
Fair point, but these guys have had no problems complimenting their other albums. They know this album is garbage.

>>68619231
How so?
>>
Fucking hype for this shit
>>
>>68619292
They compliment the albums that sold well you fucking mong. Had Atom Heart Mother been a critical success, they'd have a lot more positive things to say about it.
>>
>>68619327
>critical success
Critical success has nothing to do with commercial success. And both Mason and Gilmour have had good things to say about A Saucerful of Secrets, which didn't sell particularly well either.

And the reason it didn't have any critical success was because it was not nearly as good as some of the albums that came before and many of the albums that came after.
>>
>>68619433
Of course they'd say nice things about saucerful. They want people to listen to it rather than Piper.
>>
>>68619496
What the hell kind of reason is that? Why would they want that?
>>
>>68619619
It's obvious that they fucking hate Syd. They dont want people to become attached to him like people do with Brian Wilson.
>>
>>68619660
That's fucking stupid. All members of the band have been vocal about Syd and how he was the soul of the band in the early years. Waters has said this:
>"I play Shine On every night when I am doing concerts. So the memory of him is very much there in that song. Actually, I have images of him on the screen as well as a tribute. But I also experience the loss of a friend that I experienced in ’68 when he became schizophrenic."
>>
>>68619849
He wasn't schizophrenic. He had aspergers and was eccentric. They use him as a cash grab. It's sickening
>>
>>68619883
Cash grab? They had far far more monetary success without him than they had with him. And what do you mean he wasn't schizophrenic? I don't know where you're getting your information but it's dead wrong.
>>
>>68619926
You're so fucking stupid, never listen to pink floyd again you miserable twat
>>
>>68619957
So that's your fucking argument? Alright then.

Just for you baby, I'll never listen to my favorite band again. ;)
>>
File: 1476486619277.jpg (62KB, 623x713px) Image search: [Google]
1476486619277.jpg
62KB, 623x713px
mfw its not even the best album of the 60s
>>
>>68620933
whats your favorite
>>
>>68620933
not samefag but
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.