[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't guitar music popular anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: greenday.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
greenday.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
I was in a grocery store and I heard "When I come Around" over the speaker, and I forgot how catchy it was. And it made me wonder; why isn't guitar music popular on the radio anymore? Rock songs virtually never reach the top 40 anymore. Why? Did people just get tired of it?
>>
because people (thank god) got tired of shitty radio rock like rhcp and pop-punk
>>
>>68616921
Black people don't like it.
>>
>>68616921
number 3 song in the top 40 atm is a guitar song you dumb shit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY2yjAdbvdQ
>>
>>68616950
/thread
>>
File: 1348706684287.png (158KB, 256x302px) Image search: [Google]
1348706684287.png
158KB, 256x302px
I mean I've heard some stuff that's had a great emotional impact on me. I don't know what it's missing, but I like it.
>>
Black people and pretending to be black is currently trendy. Why do you think calling something white is a huge insult at the moment?
>>
File: 1477112322760.webm (2MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
1477112322760.webm
2MB, 400x224px
>>68616999
because white people are cringe
>>
White dudes playing bass, drums, and guitar(s) singing about breakups and drugs since the 50s got old. Hip-hop today has as much innovation as rock did in the 60s, but white dudes who listen to Led Zeppelin are afraid of admitting that Atrocity Exhibition is TVU&N tier, if not better.
>>
because pop has a short attention span that just goes for whatever's new and people listen to whatever band is popular. right now, dubstep, rap, and whatever modern pop is called are popular, so people listen to that. in 10 years, everyone will get sick of it and go back to guitars, and it'll keep switching around.
>>
File: mu kanye.jpg (225KB, 800x571px) Image search: [Google]
mu kanye.jpg
225KB, 800x571px
>>68616921
its not cool anymore

and even white indie heads had to acknowledge that they liked hip hop for fear of being seen as a racist and single minded

I like hip hop and a select few guitar based bands but to put it simply, its cool to like hip hop now
think of the white beat generation and black jazz
>>
>>68617120

I feel like people were saying that 10 years ago, but whats popular now seems virtually the same as it did in 2006 (house, pop rap, rnb ballads)
>>
>>68616950
>>68616944
>>68616999
>>68617017
>>68617114
>>68617174
(you)
>>
>>68617120

>modern pop

Dance-Pop has existed since the 80s and has barely changed since. And it will never, ever die.

>Very easy to dance to
>Sounds good through shit speakers and apple stock earbuds
>Even if the composition and production is basically the same, most won't notice if the songs have different singers
>Can work with both rap vocals and traditional poppy vocals, so you can just make the beat and lyrics then have whoever is fashionable at the time do vocals

>>68617195

t. unironically likes Smash Mouth
>>
>>68617120
But do you really think it will go back to guitars with electronic production having so many more sonic possibilities?
>>
>>68617114
also recording live drums and bass etc is too hard when most kids can download Ableton or some other DAW and make music that way

it also isn't just straight "Hip Hop" that's popular but also off shoots of it's sense of "cool" and RnB, trap beats being blended with singing, etc etc

guitar still exists in songs by Bones and others, but it's not the FULL "classic" rock set up anymore.

In a lot of ways aspects of Rock and Hip Hop have been mixed and blended together in new ways as well with black artists also taking cues from white culture and whites taking cues from black culture.
>>
>>68617217
>But do you really think it will go back to guitars with electronic production having so many more sonic possibilities?

no. RIGHT NOW you have music with recorded and/or sampled guitars WITH electronics and electronic drums
>>
Making a radio rock song:

>Mic a bunch of shit
>Make sure everyone can play and have their style work together
>Make sure that the guitarist has the right peddles
>Record and produce each instrument individually on top of producing the finished product
>Have to market every band member

vs

>Radio Pop
>Make beats
>Write lyrics
>Find a vocalist
>Adjust lyrics to their persona
>Have them sing them
>Only have to market one person
>Other people who add vocals to the song as features are established pop musicians, so it markets itself
>>
>>68617017
Nigga pressed square to dodge, circle to counter and got one wanted star
>>
OH I HEARD YOU CRYING LOUD
>>
File: gosh.gif (597KB, 317x310px) Image search: [Google]
gosh.gif
597KB, 317x310px
it is though

https://youtu.be/VtfjLDgFIOY
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.