[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is one of those albums that people just pretend to like, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: Suicide - Suicide.png (753KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Suicide - Suicide.png
753KB, 1080x1080px
This is one of those albums that people just pretend to like, right?
>>
>>68616064
>he doesn't "get" it
>>
It's what death grips desperately wants to be. Absolute genius. You're either underage or a tool.
>>
it's just a guy mumbling over a synth machine for forty minutes but it's so intense and dark that it ends up working anyways
>>
>>68616086
There is zero musicality to it, each track is 2 notes repeated over and over. At least Death Grips have actual songs.
>>
>>68616168
fuck off kid, you're clearly too stupid to understand minimalism. listen to einstein on the beach and come back.
>>
>>68616194
I'm 35, this is just shit. You're trying far too hard to seem worldly, we both know there's nothing of value in this album.
>>
>>68616221
>objective value

it's like I'm talking to a mong
>>
FRANKIES GOT A WIFE AND KID
>>
GHOST RIDER MOTORCYCLE HEROOOOO
>>
>>68616064
I remember deleting it after a week.
>>
JON JON JON OJON JOHNNAAAYYY
>>
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

JOHNNY JOHNNY

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
>>
It's not about the music. It's about the emotion. You have to become Frankie.
>>
>>68616267
OOOOH FRANKIE SINATRA
>>
File: 1374878441581.gif (143KB, 246x238px) Image search: [Google]
1374878441581.gif
143KB, 246x238px
>>68616168
>At least Death Grips have actual songs.
>we both know there's nothing of value in this album.
>There is zero musicality to it

yep, clearly bait
>>
>>68616064
How can one be unable to grasp this album? It's about as simple as 1+1. I'm genuinely stunned.
>>
>>68616064
wow
>>
People just like it because pitchfork and rolling stone shill at as one of the greatest most genius albums ever, and so people like it to signal that they are in the loop and cool. Cheree is great but I don't know one good band that's actullay influence majorly by them besides Soft Cell, and that band isn't necessarily critically acclaimed (despite being way fucking better).
>>
>>68616764
>Suicide's albums of the late 1970s and early 1980s have now become regarded as some of the most influential recordings of their time and helped shape the direction of indie rock, industrial music, and dance music. Among others, Steve Albini (Shellac, Rapeman, Big Black), Panthére, Gang Gang Dance, The Jesus and Mary Chain, The Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, Henry Rollins, Joy Division/New Order, Soft Cell, Nick Cave, D.A.F., Erasure, the music of Giant Haystacks, The KLF,[16] Ministry, Nine Inch Nails,[17] OMD, Pet Shop Boys,[16] Tears for Fears, Cassandra Complex, Mudhoney,[18] Nitzer Ebb,[19] Sigue Sigue Sputnik, Radiohead, Kap Bambino, Spacemen 3, Spiritualized, Angel Corpus Christi (covers of Dream Baby Dream and Cheree with Alan Vega guest vocals), Michael Gira, MGMT, Sky Ferreira, Sonic Boom, Loop, The Fleshtones (both of whom have recorded cover versions of "Rocket USA"), Ric Ocasek of The Cars, Mi Ami, Depeche Mode,[20] Jello Biafra of the Dead Kennedys, Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth, R.E.M., Devo, Ultravox, Massive Attack,[21] Air, Autechre, The Chemical Brothers, Daft Punk, Aphex Twin[22] and The Kills, Bono Vox and Bruce Springsteen have all listed Suicide as an influence.
wew lad
>>
>>68616064
this is literally my jam.
>>
>>68616064
I can't stand the vocals. they ruin it.
>>
OH GIRL
>>
>>68616086
it's closer to what Blood on the Dancefloor wants to be
>>
>>68616764
i like it because the use of no-wave influences in order to make an album thats cohesive, intelligent and dancy in this level of success makes it one of the best albums of all times. it assimilates its contemporary culture and creates something entirely new, exciting and interesting. but you can use your shitty argument as much as you want. ill keep listening to it since i know i like it

JE T'ADORE BABY
I LOVE YOUUUUU
OH COME PLAY WIHT MEEEE
>>
>>68617235
i thought that was blood
>>
>>68617409
>>68617386
we get it, your joke is very funny, now leave
>>
>>68617392
>cohesive
i'll give you that it all sounds the same
>intelligent and dancy
what and what
>new
yeah okay sure
>exciting and interesting
again what and what
>>
>>68616064
I bought this album 4 years ago and still haven't opened it. Should I even bother?
>>
>>68616086
>if you don't like some edgy punk album, you're underage
is it opposite day?
>>
>>68617431
ok sorry im kind of drunk

uh ok let me be a bit more clear:

music is very much like any other field, art, sciences etc. in which you are part of a community and as a musician your music is a part of whichever scene or genre you are interested in pursuing. No-wave was a movement that comprised influences from all over the place (see lizzy mercier for example). in suicide they use these basslines and repetitive rhythms to enhance their key theme through the record of "Frankie Teardrop". its hypnotic and it just creates an aesthetic experience of complete loss of oneself that is successful specially due to these very strange echoing, droning, vocals that deliver the entire atmosphere to the listener. Frankie Teardrop is the apex of all this. i mean no one used vocals like that, and still dont, and its only succesful because of the language that was being explored at that time.
i hope this will help you enjoy the album a little bit more.
>>
>>68616764
>because pitchfork and rolling stone shill at as one of the greatest most genius albums ever
both Rolling stone AND Pitchfork?

must be truly influential
>>
>>68616064
Best review I've ever read:
http://www.jimgoad.net/pdf/music/suicidegodyawning.pdf
>>
>>68617660
>LaMonte "White Man with a Black Name" Young

bahahaha
>>
>>68616064
I wanted to like it, but couldn't. Frankie Teardrop is the only good (amazing actually) one
>>
>>68618060
You didn't like Che or Johnny Teardrop?
>>
>>68618261
Forget those songs, I'll relisten to them
>>
>>68618261
>>68618419
They were alright I guess.. Idk they just don't really have any emotional impact to me, which I think is the point of the album
>>
File: 68.png (536KB, 632x659px) Image search: [Google]
68.png
536KB, 632x659px
>>68617506
>edgy
>punk
>>
>>68618801
is that clt
>>
>>68618833
what
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.