[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My Attempt at Fixing HTTT (cont.)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: Hail_to_the_Thief.jpg (3MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Hail_to_the_Thief.jpg
3MB, 1500x1500px
previous thread: my order, edits, and reasoning
>>68591624

Download link (pls don't sue/ban me... pls):
https://mega.nz/#!5k5hgDDB!3Qsxr5VEvuGDo0qmstvquOhShLYBTVVF9qYoJkECFWU

I fell asleep before I could reply to a lot of people. So here's another thread. (hope it's not spammy of me)

>>68597306
>it sounds like he only edited the first song, other than that I'd just make a playlist in his order, sounded good that way, but he did add some transition affects

I'm glad you thought I only edited the first track and didn't notice any other changes. (I didn't fuck up :D). I fixed some eq/volume dynamics and cut down on a lot of the songs (extended a couple as well), particularly the endings.

>>68597712
>enjoying this so far, you gonna post that 0110 mix?

Here you go (it's less extravagant, I basically followed the given order but made nicer transitions).
https://mega.nz/#!xxwDVAbb!Q__DK9KkoZi-tW5lb8RNCTh2mlGuWFAZocUif5uxi1o
I made my own SMiLE album too but it's nowhere near clean enough to be shared yet.

>>68597879
>today OP was a faggot

Why thank you.

>>68598228
Should've cut out some of the shit filler tracks and added better stuff like I am Citizen Insane, Gagging Order and I am a Wicked Child.

I really wanted to but the bonus tracks felt too... positive for the album (as stupid as that sounds). Nevertheless, if you find places to put them let me know.
>>
>>68615222
>>68598700
>Great reorder man. I usually cut a few songs to make it flow better but this is well thought out and works thanks

Np. It just didn't seem right to me to cut them out ya know? A lot of the songs I felt dragged on slightly too long anyway so I just thought "what the hell, chop em down and put them all in".

>>68599816
>it was okay but get rid of the glitchy sounds that end and begin each song like the sound blinks on and off for a few seconds before they start. That shit ruins it.

Not sure where you hear that or if you're memeing.

Again, this is flac. If you want an mp3, just do it yourself, not that hard.
>>
File: radiohead.png (76KB, 2076x704px) Image search: [Google]
radiohead.png
76KB, 2076x704px
the thief is better than okc u cant fic it
>>
>>68616136
Give it a listen anyway and let me know.
>>
File: thom_yorke_by_manohead.jpg (399KB, 842x1191px) Image search: [Google]
thom_yorke_by_manohead.jpg
399KB, 842x1191px
>>68616161
shit were to start

You fucking ruined the first song with some half assed violin that just tries to follow Thom's vocal medoly... atleast that's what I got from it.
It goes on for too long, I always thought that it'd be nice if 2+2 lasted another verse or so, but no... It doesn't work.

Not much changed with the rest of the album from what I can tell expect for the transitions, the transitions are so rushed...
There needs to be silence in between songs so you can tell when a song ends and another starts (not true for all albums bot definitely for Httt) Everything kinda melds together, even if they are in different keys or shit you still try to string them together and it just sounds bad.

Edit 2/10
Original 7/10

Nice try anon, but there's a reason Radiohead use trained professionals.
>>
>>68615222
Awful
>>
>autism
>>
>>68616416
>You fucking ruined the first song with some half assed violin that just tries to follow Thom's vocal medoly
I was iffy about the violin thing. I just felt that the original was a little too empty in the beginning.
>It goes on for too long, I always thought that it'd be nice if 2+2 lasted another verse or so, but no... It doesn't work.
Well alright.
>There needs to be silence in between songs so you can tell when a song ends and another starts
I knew that but I just couldn't find a place to put them without making the album feel longer than it already was.

Thanks for the feedback anyway.
>>
File: 1116.jpg (20KB, 431x300px) Image search: [Google]
1116.jpg
20KB, 431x300px
>>68616613
>I knew that but I just couldn't find a place to put them without making the album feel longer than it already was.
Well remove this shit in 2+2 and add back the gaps between songs.
>I was iffy about the violin thing. I just felt that the original was a little too empty in the beginning.
If you're iffy then leave it out.

Shit, now it's just Httt.
>>
>>68616706
>Well remove this shit in 2+2 and add back the gaps between songs.
Eh, if you don't like it just make a playlist then. Hope the order is at least alright.
>>
>>68616743
>Eh, if you don't like it just make a playlist then
So basically what you've done is take 2+2 add some dumb violin and made it 2 minutes longer, then removed all the silence between songs.

Just stop.

no
>>
>>68615222
well fucking done OP, this is brilliant
>>
>>68615222
How can you fix a perfect album anon?
>>
File: edits.png (145KB, 1513x869px) Image search: [Google]
edits.png
145KB, 1513x869px
>>68616913
>So basically what you've done is take 2+2 add some dumb violin and made it 2 minutes longer, then removed all the silence between songs.
No I cleaned and chopped up songs like crazy which I'm glad you don't hear, but if you don't notice and it doesn't bother you then you're free to just use the originals.

>>68616965
Thanks. Glad you liked it.
>>
>>68617002
>audacity
let me just fix the titanic movie with windows movie maker!!!1
>>
>>68617086
It's all in flac so there's no quality loss. Also it lets you get really hands on with the tracks, good for post-production. I've tried Pro Tools and some other stuff but it's more of a hassle, fucks up my computer, and doesn't let me get that detailed.
>>
>>68615222
can you fix KID A??

it need more guitar and i think it needs to be shorte rasweel
>>
>>68617356
Nah, I thought Kid A was perfect as it was.

I'm working on Amnesiac but probably won't post it since it's sacred ground to too many people.
>>
>>68617441
dude at least put it on /r/radiohead
i love this stuff
>>
>>68618789
You sure? /r/radiohead can be extremely defensive when it comes to this stuff. Also I'm kinda paranoid about copyright and getting banned. Not sure if it would be ok.
>>
>>68617086
you really don't need much more for what OP is doing
>>
>>68618789
>>68618837
I mean... I could pm /u/ThumYorky
still not sure
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.