[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people pretend to enjoy noise rock?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

Why do people pretend to enjoy noise rock?
>>
I thin they do
>>
Because its the best genre
>>
>>68611402
Why do people pretend to make interesting threads?
>>
there's only four albums on there that I could see you being alienated by as reasonable. idk what Big Ups is though.
>>
Because it's an easy way to hide sloppy playing and shit singing by simply breaking your equipment.

See also: Shoegaze, which is basically the same thing but they at least try to make their effects good instead of childish mayhem
>>
>>68611402
well you're probably right in assuming that a lot of people that say they like noise rock will be pretending, but the majority will only stick with and explore it if there is something about it they enjoy.

personally, I enjoy certain releases from some artists, but a lot of it just feels lacklustre. could have been impressive, but falls short.
>>
>>68611505
although your feeble troll is somewhat accurate, a lot of the time the groups classified in the noise rock genre try too hard.
>>
>>68611629

Even your more pretentious noise rockers like Les Rallizes Denudes are just wanky basslines repeated over and over while some hack improvises on guitar.

It's all trash.
>>
File: 1331706600974.jpg (30KB, 471x588px) Image search: [Google]
1331706600974.jpg
30KB, 471x588px
>>68611505
>>
>>68611659

t. owns a Sonic Youth shirt
>>
>>68611657
although it seems you are just generalising and hating it all, which is literally what I used to do, have you listened to lightning bolt? personal fav. opened my eyes a bit. them and boredoms.
>>
>>68611657
reductionists like yourself should find a new artform to pigeonhole themselves into honestly
>>
>>68611402
anyone remember the noise rock threads on this board in the fall of 2013? those were great fun.
shame that they have also sown the seeds for all these RYM faggots to latch onto the genre for the sake of looking patrician.
>>
>>68611402
>early boredoms
For what purpose
>>
File: goat.jpg (462KB, 1790x1842px) Image search: [Google]
goat.jpg
462KB, 1790x1842px
>>68611402

wtf I love noise rock now
>>
>>68611402
>tfw i used to do this untill i read this thread

wtf i hate noise rock now
>>
>>68611930
I think about every music publication did that when they named Daydream Nation one of the most important albums of the 80s.
>>
why do people pretend to enjoy shoegaze out of MBV and slowdive (and maybe ride)?

beats me
>>
>>68612069
Because early Verve, Catherine Wheel and Swervedriver were pretty good
>>
File: 3.jpg (12KB, 311x559px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
12KB, 311x559px
>>68612069
>ride
>not absolute shit
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.