[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this? Does anyone prefer the incomplete version from 1967?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: 51GulsPnzzL.jpg (37KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
51GulsPnzzL.jpg
37KB, 500x465px
Thoughts on this? Does anyone prefer the incomplete version from 1967?
>>
The original is vastly more interesting. It's like a jigsaw puzzle without one way of being assembled.
>>
>>68608412
Does anyone not?
>>
I swear that if I were a little gay, and super smart, I would go back in time to 1967 and not only help Brian finish SMiLE but I'd also start a strange bromance with him that would lean a little bit more to the "romance" and less on the "bro", but it'd be ok because it's not gay unless the balls touch/you say "no homo".
But yuh.
Brian Wilson is fucking amazing.
>>
>>68610324
E V E R Y T I M E
>>
>>68610392
I fucking love that new meme
>>
The production is really great but sadly his vocals just aren't up to par. I much prefer the reconstructions of the original SMiLE, namely SLN's one.
>>
>>68611290
SLN's is missing too much, if he's correct about the formatting then his final product isn't dense enough
>>
>>68608412
>there are people on /mu/ right now who had Smile Sessions as a first SMiLE listening experience
I want newfags to leave.
>>
>>68612093
>listening to Smiley Smile
ew
>>
>>68612093
>Tfw kids today never knew the joy of assembling their own version of SMiLE using bootleg mp3's downloaded from The SMiLE Shop and Ryan's SMiLE Site.
>>
>>68611621
I prefer Scott G's mix
>>
>>68610324
>>
>>68612262
Damn...
>>
>>68612113
Well, not everyone is a patrician like Bruce Johnston
“Much better than ‘Smile’ but few fans ‘get it’…very organic album. Perfect album in my opinion. Brian Wilson's genius in top form except he probably would not agree with me”.
Based.
>>
>>68612202
Best thing Scott G did was a Dumb Angel of Heroes and Villains. The structure goes Verse-I'm In Great Shape-Children Were Raised-Three Score and Five-Barnyard.

It sounded the closest to what H&V probably sounded like and guess what? Youtube deleted it and its nowhere to be found elsewhere.
>>
>>68613822
Damn, is it really nowhere to be found? I would have loved to hear that.
>>
>>68614003
Scott G had a whole youtube channel where there were exclusive versions of Smile that weren't available from his channel. But his channel, along with others, were taken down after Brother Records Inc. got mad for some unknown reason.

If I can give further info on the structure, it was based off the H&V that was on the Durrie Park (VDP's ex-wife) acetates.
>>
File: Magic Johnston.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Magic Johnston.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
>>68612734
mah nigga
>>
File: cowboy_van_dyke.jpg (223KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
cowboy_van_dyke.jpg
223KB, 800x600px
>>68612262
Van Dyke Parks is the gay poster..... it all makes sense
>>
File: van_dyke_parks.jpg (124KB, 340x501px) Image search: [Google]
van_dyke_parks.jpg
124KB, 340x501px
>>68612262
>>68615457
was van dyke parks gay
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.