[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seriously,why do you hate U2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (26KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 220x220px
Seriously,why do you hate U2?
>>
>>68605479
Because they are garbage.
>>
They're offensively bland
>>
>>68605506
>>68605513
>i like interesting, raw, intelligent and challenging music such as Swans, AnCo, Death Grips, the list goes on...
>>
>>68605506
I expected this album to be shit as you all say but it was pretty good
>>
>>68605532
The funny part is that all that band you said is way better than U2
>>
Bono is a fucking prick and a horrible, horrible person. It's not just U2's inexplicably popularity, shitty music, the fact that he views himself as the messiah, is the typical white trash republican billionaire, wears sunglasses a lot, is friends with war criminals, evades his taxes, or fakes his own charity work to promote his albums. It's because of what he did to Joy Division/Ian Curtis. The story goes that Bono visited Ian Curtis when both U2 and Joy Division were at next door studio, acted like a dick to him (and said some horrible things to him like that he hoped Ian died from one of his seizures, mocking Ian's epilepsy and depression, telling Ian that there was no way they could ever compete with U2's popularity and that Joy Division's next album would be a failure etc.), and Curtis hung himself 2 days later. Then, apparently, Bono visited Bernard Sumner only a few weeks after Ian's death and told him that he him that that he had to take Curtis' place in the band and that nothing could stop him. After Sumner refused, Bono repeatedly claimed that he was in fact Ian Curtis and only left after Sumner threatened to call the police on him. He then would repeatedly phone up the individual members of New Order begging them to join the band. One time, he became so enraged, Bono told Peter Hook he was going to kill Hook's ailing mother if Bono wasn't allowed to join. Seriously, you can't make this shit up. What a cunt. He deserves to rot in hell for what he did.
>>
>>68605589
Lmao that couldnt possible had happened
>>
This is good post punk
>>
>>68605532
I mean all of those bans are more fun to listen to than U2 yes but that's not the point
The problem with U2 is that they play it so unbelievably safe musically but still want to put on airs like they're making some sort profound, game-changing message.
At least other safe, bland music doesn't have this pretense. And it isn't just because Bono is self-important, you can really hear the ego in the music itself.
>>
>>68605630
*all of those bands
>>
>>68605630
go and listen to War
nothing on that album is bland
>>
>>68605672
I mean it's been a while but I have listened to it and I really don't remember anything from it. It left pretty much no impact on me other than that I wished I had spent my time listening to something else.
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 385x382px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 385x382px
So basically the hate is more about bono's personality than the music itself?
Also what about this
>>
>>68605479
Bono is a dickhead who among other things fucked with the members of Joy Division at the recording session for "Love Will Tear Us Apart".

But early U2 is pretty good though, like Echo and the Bunnymen but even more janglier
>>
>>68605807
Is that on peter hook's book? I though the other guy was just posting random pasta
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.