[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New NMH Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0759.jpg (145KB, 676x676px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0759.jpg
145KB, 676x676px
What's the overall theme or subject going to be? What do you think it will sound like?
>>
>>68605046
I'm almost positive it's going to be more experimental than ITAOTS or even OAI. Probably still gonna be folk songs at the core though. Thematically, that's anyone's guess because I don't have the slightest idea.
>>
Is it confirmed yet or just p4 rumour?
>>
File: dbf.gif (209KB, 432x500px) Image search: [Google]
dbf.gif
209KB, 432x500px
>>68605046
Probably just 40 odd minutes of feedback and random notes, similar to the last 10 minutes of Avery.
>>
>>68605486
The band shared a Pitchfork news piece on the speculation on their Facebook page, so they're either pretty much confirming it or being complete dicks
>>
>>68606362
they don't have a facebook page though, all are fan made
>>
>>68605486
>p4k rumour
He released a bunch of drawings with 3rd and album written on them. I'm not sure how more blatant you could get.
>>
>>68605461
Yeah, I just read his interview with Pitchfork and he said he disliked how linear and simple his songs were, especially on ITAOTS. It honestly sounded like he was working on a Soundtracks for the Blind project the way he was describing it as a massive, experimental collection of noises and conversations intermixed with folk music.
>>
>>68605046
>tfw no money to spend on one of these drawings
>>
>>68606824
What are you talking about?
>>
>>68606824
hype.jpg
>>
>>68606824
I dig his straight forwardness on ITAOTS though. Still interested in what he wants to accomplish though.
>>
>>68606824
YES that's pretty much exactly what I want from a new NMH record.
>>
>>68606824
You're kind of getting the story wrong here, i think.
What i think you're referring to is his Korena Pang sound collages, and those aren't really what he associates with the Neutral Milk name, or what you seem to be imagining it as now.
>>
>>68605046
apparently he has been writing and recording music constantly for the past 18 years, maybe it will just be the best of all that?
>>
>>68609752
Most likely this.
But by saying double-album specifically, I hope he means an actual record with a central concept. Not getting my hopes up though.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.