[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wtf I love emo now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (86KB, 750x803px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 750x803px
>>
it's a fun album
>>
I've been hearing that this album is pretty good lately. I was so confused since it was Jimmy Eat World
>>
Best Jimmy Eat World album since Futures easily. Not emo though.
>>
>>68601784
listening to it atm, still not feeling it desu
>>
>>68601784

Futures was shite.

Listening to the opener right now, not super impressed.
>>
>>68601784
you say that like that was hard to do

bleed american was barely emo-pop as it was, so you're right about that
>>
>>68601715
listen to clarity you pleb
>>
>>68602282
Overrated
>>
>>68601784
I liked Chase This Light
>>
>>68602352

Within their discography or in general?

Because it's most definitely their best album.
>>
>>68602442
Clarity was my favorite JEW album for a long time, but now I find the songwriting on their subsequent releases more impressive. I understand why that album has the reputation it does, it has the least amount of pop rock stink/stigma attached to it and stylistically is most in line with the collective taste of places like this. I don't think it's the best though.
>>
>>68601446
>ian "7.0 - 7.9 no BNM emo album" cohen
>>
I don't care about their music after 2000. It's boring mainstream pop rock.

Clarity is their best
>>
Haven't listened to this one yet but Clarity is literally for virgins. It's not as good as you remember.

Chase This Light was nice and concise, not bad at all. Invented and the one after that were treading water.
>>
They rate it highly because it's "different," and an "expansion of their horizons" yet unoffensive and safe. Basically, the same reason they rated Sunbather so highly (excuse the dated example; I don't follow p4k or popular releases whatsoever).

Basically it's emo for people that don't like emo but want to say they do, for the sake of parading their "eclectic" tastes.
>>
>It's a "p4k give a kinda positive review to an emo album they would have savaged 10/15 years ago" episode

I think Jimmy Eat World are alright but they never used to

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/4262-futures/

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/4261-bleed-american/
>>
Clarity is my favorite album of all time

I had to miss them doing an acoustic in-store performance of this at my local record store because i was busy being a wageslave
>>
>image.jpg
>wtf i hate

Fuck off, cancer
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.