[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/twee/ - Twee Pop General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: sarah.jpg (81KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
sarah.jpg
81KB, 1252x1252px
It's been a while since we've done this, how've y'all been? Heard any good music? Anything cool going on with your life?

About twee music: I've decided I'd like to try again to get into Sarah's releases beyond Heavenly. Any recs, or should I just listen to There and Back Again Lane a lot?

About my life: There's a book festival next weekend, and I'm going to ask the cute girl who works at the radio station with me if she'd like to go with me.
>>
YOU(clap)AREN'T(clap)TWEE(clap)UNLESS(clap)YOU'VE(clap)LISTENED(clap)TO(clap)C86(clap)ON(clap)CASSETTE
>>
>>68598277
why would you do that when c86 is objectively best in its cd form
>>
Sup guy, long time no see

I'd say the best full-length Sarah albums are
>The Field Mice - For Keeps
>The Orchids - Unholy Soul
>Another Sunny Day - Anorak City
>Blueboy - Unisex

Special mentions to St Christopher - Bacharach as best mini-album.

Been loving pic related recently. It's not strictly twee but it's got the melody, jangle, and feels that I think twee fans would like.
>>
>tfw keep meaning to listen to snowball
>tfw keep thinking of putting it off until the winter
>>
>>68598339
One of my internet friends has been telling me to listen to Steve McQueen for like the past year. Maybe now I'll finally actually do it
>>
Does jazz pop count as twee?
>>
>>68598379
If it's Everything But the Girl I'll allow it
>>
If RYM isn't lying to me, the Springfields are from Illinois. Were any other Sarah artists not from the UK?
>>
>>68598660
>Were any other Sarah artists not from the UK?
Yup, there were Sugargliders and Even As We Speak from Australia (the latter especially had fantastic singles). East River Pipe, Aberdeen, and Boyracer were also from the U.S.

Boyracer would later sign to Slumberland but not before releasing this tune on Sarah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqABSlcax40
>>
https://februaryrecords.bandcamp.com/album/constant-and-true-a-tribute-to-the-songs-of-rose-melberg

did anybody else get the rose tribute album? i love it!
>>
>>68598807
I listened to the Rocketship contribution to it and that didn't really impress me, honestly. I take it the other artists on there did better?
>>
File: certain smile.jpg (88KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
certain smile.jpg
88KB, 700x700px
On the subject of Rocketship, when will they finally start selling the reissue to the general public?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.