[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Times when Scaruffi was wrong.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: MBDTF_ALT.jpg (48KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
MBDTF_ALT.jpg
48KB, 300x300px
>>
most of the time
>>
>>68597940
I fucking hate looking at this album cover so much. It's just gross. And not even the cool kind of gross, like Pervertor. I'm talking like, the goregrind kind of gross. I can literally smell this album cover and it smells awful. Like poop or, you know, throw up or something.
>>
>>68598029
Stay contained /meal/
>>
>>68597940
>pic not related
>>
File: 1466659225754.jpg (237KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1466659225754.jpg
237KB, 1000x1000px
reading his review and then actually listening to it made me stop taking him seriously
>>
Every time. Same with Xgau.
>>
>>68598029
George Condo isn't my favourite artist but come on now....
>>
File: PierpScaruffi[1].jpg (30KB, 548x308px) Image search: [Google]
PierpScaruffi[1].jpg
30KB, 548x308px
>Bowie was a protagonist of his times, although a poor musician: to say that Bowie is a musician is like saying that Nero was a harp player (a fact that is technically true, but misleading). Bowie embodies the quintessence of artificial art, raises futulity to paradigm, focuses on the phenomenon rather than the content, makes irrelevant the relevant, and, thus, is the epitome of everything that went wrong with rock music.
>>
I stopped taking him serious when I recogniced almost all his reviews are 5-6
>>
>>68598362
that's literally why i like his ratings, not everything is good
>>
File: 1303801278512.png (397KB, 486x525px) Image search: [Google]
1303801278512.png
397KB, 486x525px
>tfw to intelligent to enjoy Kanye West
>>
>>68598273
But he gave Low and Heroes a 7 or 7.5

>>68598362
What's wrong with that? What's the problem with most music being average to decent?
>>
>>68597940
Every album he has ever given a score to because he has a broken rating system

You should generally love music more than you hate it if you are a music fan
>>
>>68598655
>broken rating system
He actually gives plenty of positive reviews to go around, they just aren't for your favorite bands/artists.
>>
>>68598655
he's a cultural historian, not a "music fan" though, that's literally the point of his music reviews
>>
File: scaruffi yeezus.png (139KB, 525x820px) Image search: [Google]
scaruffi yeezus.png
139KB, 525x820px
He fucking destroyed Yeezus though.
>>
>>68598916
He "fucking destroyed" a lot of albums.
>>
>>68598089
listen again child. this is a great album
>>
>>68598273
>to say that Bowie is a musician is like saying that Nero was a harp player
Fucking roasted.
>>
>>68598029
Why?
>>
I miss the old Kanye
>>
File: KoRn confirmed patrician.png (6KB, 787x107px) Image search: [Google]
KoRn confirmed patrician.png
6KB, 787x107px
>>68597940
Scaruffi is never wrong, most of you just don't operate on his level.
>>
>>68598980
Except that Yeezus review is completely accurate
>>
>>68598655
>You should generally love music more than you hate it if you are a music fan

Not true at all. If you love music but most people are making shit music you're entitled to be annoyed about it and write shit about it.
>>
People who think Scaruffi is wrong don't understand:
1) Opinions and the nature of opinions
2) Analysis and the nature of Analysis
3) 7/10 is not the fucking average score
>>
>>68598655
>Every album he has ever given a score to because he has a broken rating system

(not true by the way). His rating system is extremely consistent. But if you're mad that he gave a 6 to one of your favorite albums just now that 6 is actually good.
>>
>>68598655
Fucking entitled millenial whiner piece of shit faggot.

the vast majority of popular music is FUCKING TRASH and Scaruffi rightfully treats it as so, just because you have some kind of intellectual deficiency and don't realize how shitty and vapid your taste is, it doesn't mean the rest of the world has to conform to your profound mediocrity.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.