[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/noise/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 6

File: 1474294382760.jpg (16KB, 468x456px) Image search: [Google]
1474294382760.jpg
16KB, 468x456px
Does /μ/ prefer really long, heavy noise walls or huge numbers of very short, violent noise bursts?

Related question, Merzbow vs. Masonna vs. Sissy Spacek vs. Gerogerigegege?
>>
Merzbow in my mind is obviously better in terms of tone, texture and composition than Masonna. Long pieces give time to immerse in the sound and have more room for movement, atmosphere creation and all of that good stuff that noise music does. I like the big long pieces life the Incapacitants that create a sound and an atmosphere that is purely apocalyptic.
>>
>>68591834
I'm with you, analog Merzbow can be really beautiful.
I haven't listened to the Incapacitants before, do you have a favorite album?
>>
>>68591977
As Loud as Possible is the most popular album and for good reason. There's so much depth to the tones and the layered, devastating textures. It's aural bliss to a noise lover and is really up there with the best of Merbow. And if you haven't checked them out before, I'd really, really recommend C.C.C.C's Rocket Shrine - both are incredible records in the vein I described.
>>
>>68592100
Fantastic, thank you
>>
>>68591977

>Analog Merzbow
Could you hear a difference between his analog and computer stuff? I couldn't personnally
>>
>>68592182
I personally hear a pretty big difference, his digital stuff sounds kinda flat to me. I just love the sound of real gear. It might not be that noticeable, I think Dharma vs. Tauromachine is a good comparison.
>>
can anyone explain to me the appeal of noise without resorting to "MUH TEXTURES"
>>
>>68592253
Well
First of all
You can't just say "why do you like this OTHER than the reason you like it?"
But second of all
I love just kinda lying back and losing myself in it, it's so raw and aggressive. Depending on the texture, it can fill me with dread or be an outlet for anger. It's just different, same as anything else you don't like.
>>
>>68592253
Only posers care about "textures" or "atmosphere"

Real noise fans see it as a more extreme version of punk

Which is why Masonna > Merzbow
>>
>>68592335
Absolutely nothing about those two things are mutually exclusive
>>
>>68592253
PURE AURAL PUNISHMENT

BDSM FOR THE SOUL
>>
>>68592253
There's a raw, violent appeal to it. If you don't like textures or discordant rhythms, dissonance or harsh sound in general then there's no reason for you to listen to it in the first place. If you listen to the sound of machinery, the London Underground (especially the central line), you can see where noise is coming from and what it tries to achieve sonically.

>>68592335
>Only posers care about "textures" or "atmosphere"

You don't care about music. Punk is a shit form of music, and noise music can reach artistic heights that punk music doesn't even attempt to achieve. Noise music doesn't make a claim to lifestyle legitimacy like punk music does (which is all about lifestyle and little about music), so poser means nothing in regards noise.
>>
>>68592545
>noise academics
lmfao gb2 listening to xenakis
>>
>>68591638
short bursts of feedback, but I prefer Merzy to Masonna

also unpopular opinion, but I like Sissy more than Gerogerigegege, but they both make the best noisecore I've ever heard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHiU7aF-f_Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx6nSbxzaAI
I'm a sucker for snares cutting through the noise
>>
>>68591638
Why are punk band gerogerigegege in that list?
Also how come noise music is supposed to be ultimate freedom of musical expression but all people seem to listen to is walls of nondescript metallic whirring?
>>
>>68593164
>noise music is supposed to be ultimate freedom of musical expression
noise music is supposed to be noise music senpai
>>
>>68593226
Except for the noise music that isn't merzbow worship and sometimes uses actual instruments.
>>
>>68593164
There is a large variety of noise, japanese style harsh accounts for very of what noise artists put out
>>
>>68592253
I just like the way it sounds. I almost listen to it the same way I listen to ambient music. Just like, walls of sound. I find it easy to get lost in the music. I almost find it relaxing, which is something I've noticed other women have said about how they listen to noise music too.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AngG1ph4Z04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9HgcJv3ml8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHSYAfYlDww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIl6oA3egJQ
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw58SyZm21U
>>
>>68593739
>>68593885
You shat up the last thread, don't shit up this one as well.
>>
https://soundcloud.com/myneighborsatan1/recording-set-up-4export

>harsh noise
>>
This may be contentious, but I’m made uneasy by the resurgence in popularity of power electronics, martial industrial and neofolk, especially among veterans of vegan straightedge hardcore.

The way I see it, Crowley-influenced outfits like Current 93 and Coil took the short leap from ‘love under will’ to the ‘will to power’ to ‘triumph of the will;’ Death in June stumbled from the Strasserite Third Way to a Nazi fancy-dress fetish to rune-riddled Aryan occult waffle of the sort the actual Reich loved; Boyd Rice is an idiot who thinks his endorsements of rape, gender hierarchy and social Darwinism are something other than simple restatements of dominant cultural ideology; and Whitehouse and the entire cess-pool that is power electronics have a pathetically puerile fascination with serial killers, sadism, paedophilia, rape, violent misogyny, white power, and anything else that seems ‘oh so irredeemable and shocking,’ but shocks no one, as it is an inaccessible niche genre for other creeps who are already into that sort of thing and nod along approvingly.

Their apologists speak of art or provocation or irony or semiotic play. They may be titillated by violating taboos or toying with the aesthetics of oppression and genocide. But there is nothing radical about privileging white male violence and power. This is, in fact, the norm. It’s a norm I’ve committed myself to opposing. When I see SS and Hitler Youth haircuts and fascist flirtations come into vogue among an army of tough young white men with militant ideas about purity and crisp, severe, uniformed male dress, it doesn’t feel ironic. It feels frighteningly literal.
>>
>>68593928
nooooooooooooo
>>
>>68593928
>>
>>68593928
I know this is pasta but it's not a bad analysis. I'd love to see more power electronics made by women, or that employed different forms of subversive imagery instead of just fascist iconography and gendered violence.
>>
>>68593928
Where did you find this one
>>
>>68591638
this op reads like it was written by someone who just discovered noise yesterday via some random dipshit's chart in a /mu/ chart thread.
really lame.

>>68594010
>I'd love to see more power electronics made by women, or that employed different forms of subversive imagery instead of just fascist iconography and gendered violence.

there's plenty but apparently your only contact with noise and PE is the meme shit you see on this board so you don't know about it.
oh well.
>>
>>68594052
>there's plenty but apparently your only contact with noise and PE is the meme shit you see on this board so you don't know about it.
oh well

I mean, kind of, yeah.

Rec some stuff?
>>
>>68594052
so what at least he listens to noise
>>
>>68594086
considering how ridiculously easy it is to find new music in this day and age i don't feel comfortable humoring lazy dabblers.
>>
>>68594098
don't we all.
>>
>>68593928

i wish i was the kind of person who wrote these
>>
>>68594218
yeah, if i was i could probably like join the punk scene and hang out with the cool kids instead of being an outcast who makes loud music nobody likes
>>
>>68593928
I feel the same way to be honest. I'm a giant fan of DI6, Spiritual Front, Rome and Die Weisse Rose, because it is beautiful music and because I am tired of the funk- and gospel-infused musical mainstream that doesn't speak to me as a white European male, but peaceful multiethnicism and coexistence of many peoples in one place is not what will come of this. Sure, opposing the monocultural mainstream is a good thing but this opposition of course (mostly now that it's still rather underground) builds on the people and value systems that have been opposing this monoculture most prominently of the last century: the far right. Having been to Runes + Men festival in Leipzig this weekend I agree that if there is irony in what the artists are trying to portray it is at the very least lost on most of the audience. Let's not kid ourselves, there is a right-wing revolution coming. Here in Europe it is rather obvious. The question is, can and will this revolutionary movement be transformed in favour of less racist/fascistic and more multiethnicistic and naturalistic values?
>>
>>68594052
>someone who just discovered noise yesterday via some random dipshit's chart in a /mu/ chart thread.

It's not just how that post feels but how every single post in every single noise thread on this board feels like.
I have no idea why this general keeps getting forced when it's obvious that none of the people forcing them are particularly educated about noise or particularly interested in learning.
It feels pointless, especially now that they've managed to drive away even the few people who actually knew their shit about noise and who from what I've seen at least tried to get people to dig beyond the entry-level shit that keeps getting posted over and over and over in these threads.
It feels tiring just reading through every one of these shitty threads, to say nothing of actually making or posting in them.
>>
Click the randomize button in the synth plug in
>>
>>68594120
so you care about the lifestyle and not the music i see
>>
can anyone recommend stuff like this? i like the dynamic range so it's not full blown out clipping all way through. maybe something with a bit of a psychedelic tinge to it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PigvvwRQvuY
>>
>>68594010
>I'd love to see more power electronics made by women, or that employed different forms of subversive imagery instead of just fascist iconography and gendered violence.
but women are no where near as violent, aggressive, passionate, and angsty as emotionally stunted boys. i like power electronics, it just happens to be more passionate and raw when passionate people are behind it. noise made by women has always been really weak and shallow, in my experience..
>>
>>68594384
cremation lily, theologian, some prurient, trisomie 21
>>
>make one noise thread
>it ends up being shit
>make another noise thread while the first one is still active
>it also ends up being shit

why do you still think a noise general on /mu/ is a good idea
why
>>
>>68594418
i know prurient and like lots of it. the others are all new to me, thanks!
>>
>>68594475
it is good
it'll get better the more often it is made because more people will be interested in learning about noise
>>
>>68594476
no problem, also I highly recommend you listen to this album:

https://cheapfest.bandcamp.com/album/cheap-fest-iv

It was the first album I listened to that made me really have a love for noise of all kinds. Sofia Reta - Reposition (featuring Hiro) is one of my favorite noise tracks of all time.
>>
File: 1402960722158.png (99KB, 168x244px) Image search: [Google]
1402960722158.png
99KB, 168x244px
this thread is more or less the same as it was 2 years ago
just with less shares
you're all complaing over a decline that never really happened
>>
>>68594533
lel
this general has been around since summer of 2014
its only been getting worse as time goes by
>>
>>68594601
nah it's been getting worse and worse deffo
it's just that it was never good to begin with, so it went from being shit to being really shit
>>
>>68594629
people were always pleb as fuck when it came to noise in these threads, it never really bothered anyone back then
now half the people in these thread just try to out-elite each other and there's the anti-spoonfeed shitposter who's really just a part of /noise/ now
gotta love him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyHk0gl4uRg
>>
>>68594052
>>68594322
I mean I could've listed off a bunch of more obscure noise projects I like, but what's the point if it's gonna make the thread less accessible and a bunch of people who already have extensive taste in noise just not know who I was talking about?
My tastes aren't any more obscure than anyone else's, but once you get past a certain threshold of obscurity, overlap is minimal.
I just wanted to talk about peace length and compare giants of the genre.
>>
>>68594673
what does anti-spoonfeed even mean, like what does he expect to happen in these threads besides links being posted?
>>
Are the sounds my launch ps3 makes noise
>>
>>68594710
What do you mean by launch ps3? Are you trying to brag that you got it when it came out or....?
>>
>>68594733
Fat ps3 whatever floats ur boat senpai
>>
>>68594673
>it never really bothered anyone back then

not so sure about that desu
i've seen more than one ex-/noise/ poster on this board talk about how annoyed they were that nobody here seems to give a shit about properly sinking into the genre beyond the usual entry-level shit and educating themselves
like people being legit bitter about their attempts at making the general less pleb falling on deaf ears
i just think this general was a mistake desu
>>
>>68594052
>>68594120
you're just being an elitist dick
>>
>>68594309
Stay the fuck away from power electronics
>>
>>68594786
well it never bothered me
the only thing that makes me cringe in the current state of these threads is people's need to reinforce muh secret club / i know more about noise than you so fuck off and stop trying mentality
this general exists now and it's always going to
i'm still gonna loiter around in here and make threads whether they're shitposted to death or die in less than 3 posts (just like they always used to)
i like noise, i browse 4chan, so i'm gonna wanna post and talk about noise even if it's with 2 other people who hate this general or with myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTeqpqvW9DA
>>
>>68594786
>i've seen more than one ex-/noise/ poster on this board talk about how annoyed they were that nobody here seems to give a shit about properly sinking into the genre beyond the usual entry-level shit and educating themselves
>like people being legit bitter about their attempts at making the general less pleb falling on deaf ears

You could actually see those dudes leaving the general one by one if you were paying close enough attention to it.
Certain tripfags stopped showing up, certain people you could recognize by what sorts of OPs they made or what they talked about stopped showing up and so on. Bummer, but I don't blame them for getting bored or frustrated.

There was a brief time when this general was tolerable even if it wasn't great or even that good and you could have a decent enough conversation about something with someone, but nowadays I just wish it would die once and for all.
>>
>>68594786
Who cares if they listen to entry level shit...it's really just because harsh noise is the only thing that makes people go "woah, what was that" and then it takes awhile before they really get into stuff like negativeland or aube.
>>
>>68594967
My favorite time of noise was when people posted a bunch of mega links, that was awesome. Too bad my hard drive died and I lost everything that wasn't transferred to my phone. Now I need to buy an external hard drive because I'm on a laptop now before I can really start collecting a lot of shit again, oh well. I still have a lot of stuff but...
>>
>>68594786
Both sides were shitty. Both sides are shitty. Can't say I'm surprised that coming back after months yields exactly the same results. Both elitists and newfags. Talk about fucking noise.
>>
>>68594406
I just think it would be different. My girlfriends and I tend to listen to noise + power electronics in a different way than the men I've talked to.
>>
>>68593575
>>68595518
the only people who are this hellbent on telling everyone that they're women are mtf trannies
dude... you're a man
>>
>>68595550
I just thought gender was important because we were talking about women making noise music and everyone is assumed to be male on the internet, but ok.
>>
>>68595598
there are quite a few women who make good noise. do you feel better now?
>>
>>68595550
Who gives a shit, man. Don't be a dick for no reason.
>>
women shouldn't touch noise tb.h
>>
>>68595882
iunno c.c.c.c. and hototogisu are p great
>>
>>68595882
>>68595550
>they've never heard of DrillHer
>>
>>68591638
out of those The Gerogerigegege is my favorite.

lately I've been in a The Rita - Thousands of Dead Gods kinda mood.
>>
>>68596068
You should check out Lost Light Records, they have a bandcamp and some pretty cool noise walls
>>
>>68595624
Such as?
>>
>>68596651
your mom
>>
File: 1356644175429.png (91KB, 350x254px) Image search: [Google]
1356644175429.png
91KB, 350x254px
>>68596884
>>
>>68596884
>doesn't know any cool female noise + PE artists
>just wants to look cool by pretending he does
>>
>>68595882
hey fuck off
>>
>>68596884
kek
>>
>>68597002
u 12?
>>
>>68597199
u european PE?
>>
>>68592335
>Extreme version of punk
Punk is just a toned down version of noise
>>
>>68598509
Punk is just cool kids club rock
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.