[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My Attempt at Fixing HTTT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: Hail_to_the_Thief.jpg (3MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Hail_to_the_Thief.jpg
3MB, 1500x1500px
(Part 1/?)
Took me about a week but I did it. I fixed Hail to the Thief.
>inb4 I'm a tasteless cuck
Decided to do this after people liked a 0110 mix I did. All the original 14 tracks are there but reordered and modified to fit a complete, nonstop listening experience (hopefully). I did what I could to find flacs, trim songs down, and fix the volume dynamics lost to compression.

Download (pls don't sue/ban me... pls. I have 30 keeds. Fair use? I changed shit ya know. Maybe I just happened across the link.):
https://mega.nz/#!5k5hgDDB

Tracklist:

>1. 2 + 2 = 5

It's been argued that There There should go first but I disagree. It doesn't work. It's the strongest track on the album but its mood and start just aren't right as an opener (despite its use at live shows). Also the rest of the album would seem like a task since the song is so good. It fits snugly right in the middle.

I rearranged the song a bit with the leaked version and strings from an orchestral cover on YouTube to give it this fuller, sinister, Venetian-opera aesthetic. It might be choppy but it feels less abrupt and cut-off than it did before. It needs to set the album in motion, not just "begin".

>2. Go to Sleep.

I know it appears awkward pairing two of the singles on the album but it actually makes more sense here. Having a few electronic tracks immediately following an intro krautrock song makes it disjointed, less growth and more stuttery with different genres.

>3. Where I End and You Begin.

Same place as before behind Go to Sleep. They mesh very well. I think Go to Sleep acts as part 2 of the intro with 2 + 2 = 5 so this song sorta continues the krautrock idea but with more electronics and gives a taste of what's to come later.
>>
>>68591624
(Part 2/?)
>4. I will.

I put in the leaked version. The reverb makes it feel more thought out than the naked version they released. This and A Punchup are often disputed as filler (which you can agree with and let track 3 bleed nicely into Sit Down) but I think a lot of the backlash had to do with its original placement. Their mood was just unfitting and awkward behind There There and before Myxomatosis.

>5. A Punchup at a Wedding.

This and I Will are essentially meant to go together (and they do, blending together on the original). It's a wedding after all. "exchange vows (I will)", then "smack".

>6. Sit down. Stand up.

I used to really like this being track 2 but 1: it's too good for it and 2: I felt uncomfortable with it leading into the sleepy electronic songs right off the bat. It's literally "hype" the song, starts soft and ticky and grows into an awesome release that you're hoping will get better (which it now does). Plus to really appreciate it you can't let it go behind something like 2 + 2 = 5. It needs a softer start.
>>
>>68591630
(Part 3/?)
>7. There there.

Extended slightly. I was thinking if the album were two parts, this would end part 1 perfectly. It's the strongest song on the album no doubt. Its pacing shows it should really be there.

>8. Backdrifts.

By now, I thought the album should switch over to its electronic side, kinda like a mini Amnesiac. You already get the best you can out of the rock part and by now the change needs to happen. I shortened it as much as I could. Sit tight in case it starts to feel long with the next track.

>9. The Gloaming.

I shrunk this down only slightly to make way for the original ending on the leaked version. A lot of people don't like this song either but I think it just needed to speak in the right conditions like I Will and A Punchup.

>10. Sail to the Moon.

As The Gloaming is the creepy song after sunset, Sail to the Moon is the happy embrace of the night. I really love how the bass leads into the piano. I have the leaked version here. The one they released on the album clips way too much and is noticeable without drums.
>>
>>68591654
(Part 4/4)
>11. Myxomitosis.

After the probably overlong sleepy electronics and piano, the listener needs something strong to wake up before the end of the album. They pretty much had this figured out.

>12. Scatterbrain.

This, Myxomitosis, and A Wolf already went together and here they are again. Myxomitosis is already the extent of the electronic part. Scatterbrain is that loosening up feeling. I was considering using the acoustic version but decided against it because it would be a bit weird and like a kick in the balls to their production.

>13. A Wolf at the Door.

Undisputed ending. Every version I've seen prefers it here (including Thom). I on the other hand had another idea.

>14. We suck Young Blood.

This song is everything "end". After the hectic rant of rock and electronics and the crazed frustrations and sarcastic light-note ending of A Wolf, you get this: a vampiric dawn and political hangover which for some reason gives you this feeling of not wanting "more" more than anything else on this long-ass album. It's perfect.

So there you have it. Is it a 10 now? Probably not since I bastardized it. Anyway, any suggestions or comments are welcome. Hope you enjoy it. This is flac by the way. If you want an mp3, just do it yourself, not that hard.
>>
Decryption key?
>>
>>68591705
>https://mega.nz/#!5k5hgDDB
fuuuuuckkk. Hold on yall

https://mega.nz/#!5k5hgDDB!3Qsxr5VEvuGDo0qmstvquOhShLYBTVVF9qYoJkECFWU

>this
>>
>>68592039
Thanks mi amigo. This post will probably disappear within the time it takes people to download and listen but fuck it, enjoy anyway. :)
>>
downloaded. going to give it a listen. seems interesting.
>>
I normally don't download peoples shit on here, so this better be good. Especially since you kept it in flac ya fucker.
>>
>>68593171
Hope you like it
>>68593446
Judge for yourself
>>
>>68593481
Still downloading your shit. Waiting.
>>
Listening it now.

>all condensed to one track

Plz y
>>
File: huh.jpg (21KB, 529x367px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
21KB, 529x367px
>>68594498
>>
>>68594623
Absolutely do.
>>
>>68594887
Where would you recommend the cuts then? They use transitions a lot.
>>
So how does this improve anyone's lives
>>
>>68594958
Closure
>>
Has anyone listened to this yet? Is it good? It sounds like OP put a lot of work into this but I'm not sure if I should download.
>>
>>68596035
just try it you dip
then come back and tell me if it's any good pls
>>
>>68596035
it sounds like he only edited the first song, other than that I'd just make a playlist in his order, sounded good that way, but he did add some transition affects
>>
>>68591624
enjoying this so far, you gonna post that 0110 mix?
>>
today OP was a faggot
>>
>>68597879
>delivers unprompted mix of great album for free
>faggot

pick one.
>>
>>68591624
Cool! Httt is my favourite album so I'm looking forward to giving this a listen.
>>
Should've cut out some of the shit filler tracks and added better stuff like I am Citizen Insane, Gagging Order and I am a Wicked Child.
>>
>>68591624
I better not download this and it's just a bunch of fart noises. Still better than your average Radiohead album.
>>
>>68598232
edgy as fuck dude. Great humor.
>>
>>68598528
Ahahahahah come on it was a funny joke. It's kind of true though. Overrated band on this shitty board.
>>
Great reorder man. I usually cut a few songs to make it flow better but this is well thought out and works thanks
>>
>>68597712
yeah OP post the 0110 mix
>>
it was okay but get rid of the glitchy sounds that end and begin each song like the sound blinks on and off for a few seconds before they start. That shit ruins it.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.