[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this accurate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

>>
>IMHO
yes
>>
6/13 are.
>>
>>68591404
Blackstar deserved every bit of hype it got.

Rest is correct.
>>
>>68591439
this
>>
>>68591439

This. Blackstar is really only there because Scaruffi thinks Bowie is overrated in general.
>>
Glad Scaruffi liked that Woods album. It's definitely an overlooked release from this year
>>
>>68591404
"Doesn't deserve the hype" is a nice way of putting it wrt Hopelessness.
>>
>>68591529
bowie is though

also black star is just pretty good but if he never died it would just be considered pretty good.
>>
>>68591434
>Scaruffi
>Humble opinion
>>
Yeah I can agree with this. I enjoyed ToD, Blackstar, TLOP, and AMSP but I can see how they were overrated.
>>
>>68591404

take AMSP off and it is accurate
>>
>>68591404
blackstar, malibu and moon shaped pool were the only good albums here (not to say they arent overhyped)
>>
>>68591584
Scaruffi means 'in my holy opinion'
>>
>>68591584
Honest opinion
>>
>>68592442
O im laffin
>>
>>68592919
>How is Dutch music so trash
Damn..
>>
Let's face it, Blackstar will be on top of most AOTY lists from music websites, magazines, etc. this year. So yes, even if I enjoyed it quite a lot, the praise it got and will get even decades from now is simply impossible to deserve, for a music album that is. Not sure if that's Scaruffi's intention though.
>>
>>68593258
You're right - but imo Scaruffi just hates it, like most Bowie records.
>>
>>68591404
Jokes on you. I don't know a single one of those albums, kevin gates has some dank songs though famo
>>
>>68591552
The fact that he died is part of the album's concept though. It's not a simple "He died let's commercialize the shit outta his last work because now a bunch of hypocrites will buy pig in a poke".
>>
Remove Teens of Denial and this is accurate
>>
>>68591404

he's right you know.
>>
>>68591404
How can scaruffi say a release by Kanye or Radiohead doesn't deserve to be wildly publicised and hyped? They're both immensely popular and have long spanning careers.
>>
>>68593812
You're saying the same thing he is: that people are drawn in by their reputation and image, not the music.

IE That noone would care about AMSP or TLOP without the names attached to them.
>>
I genuinely didn't know that Islah was well received

disagree with Bowie and Radiohead, Malibu was nice too but the rest are accurate
>>
>>68593604
Teens of Denial is terrible
Will sold his soul and his earlier, better-produced albums hid the fact that he can't sing.
>>
>>68594329
it got a fucking BNM lol

if anyone denys that pitchfork is pandering to the SJW community just show them how high they rate black music
>>
>>68591404
>Car Seat Headrest doesn't deserve the hype
The day Scaruffi went full fucking pleb
>>
File: 1454926173036.gif (2MB, 409x398px) Image search: [Google]
1454926173036.gif
2MB, 409x398px
>>68594951
>better-produced albums
You mean "furrier" albums?
>>
>>68591584
hotdog opinion

>>68591404
He's right actually
>>
>>68591404
yeah

>>68595102
I like both that album and CSH but I agree, it's way weaker than everything else of his besides Teens of Style
>>
bowie's death IS the concept of the concept album. it was going to happen one way or another whether his cancer took him or it was medically assisted suicide. why don't people get this? its his swan song.
>>
>>68595279

that doesn't make it good
>>
>>68595296
your taste isn't objective. why are you here again?
>>
>>68595093
What's black music?
>>
>>68591404
accurate as fuck (tho i sorta liked TLOP and maybe teens of denial a bit). but yeah, the media works like shit; it overhypes albums that don't deserve it

if that list were updated, a seat at the table would most likely be there. jesus, i swear i'll personally make sure racism ends if these fucking snoozefests (a seat at the table, blonde) of boring r&b end
>>
>>68591439
Bowie's an average musician. All the hype is in the ideal of it.
>>
File: lusty_negro_attitudes.png (131KB, 293x308px) Image search: [Google]
lusty_negro_attitudes.png
131KB, 293x308px
>>68591584
Hebephilic
>>
>>68591404
Lemonade is good but nothing she ever does will top the masterpiece that is her self titled album Beyoncé
>>
>>68592442
AMSP was criminally dull
>>
>>68591439
No, it doesn't.
>>
>>68591404
Bottomless Pit isn't on there.
>>
>>68599014
Shit album anyway though.
>>
>>68597200
underrated comment
>>
>>68597200
lmao
>>
>>68597245
Lemonade > s/t
>>
A lot of people on here seem to forget how well Blackstar was received on this board even before his death. It was out for a whole weekend before he died, and most listened to it then. It was already being dubbed a top 10 Bowie album and received universal praise on /mu/. Same goes for the release of the title track single. I remember the reaction very well, it was hailed as a work of genius and one of the best singles of recent times.

His death increases the legacy of the album going forward but the quality of it was well recognised beforehand.
>>
>>68599447
agreed. brilliant album.
>>
Human Performance and Lemonade are good
>>
Maybe I'm just out of touch since I get all my info from /mu/, but I feel like the only album there that was widely publicized was TLOP. Also Blackstar, but that was more so Bowie dying being widely publicized than the album itself.
>>
>>68599593
All the albums he listed were BNM 8.0+ by Pitchfork
>>
>>68599634
That hardly qualifies as "widely publicized." pic should've specified albums that got BNM that don't deserve it rather than that
>>
>>68599447
there's nothing special about this album sonically
the only thing that makes it so good is a concept of celebrity's death
>>
>>68599747
(not true, by the way)
>>
>>68599758
it is true
he basically made a pop rip-off of Bish Bosch
>>
>>68599447
You're understating the amount of criticism that was present even before he died. /mu/ is always more hype than critical immediately following an album's release, and honestly as much as I love Bowie a top 10 album for him isn't a huge accomplishment, he doesn't really have 10 great albums
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.