[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Flaming Lips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Opinions on The Castle?
Also Oczy Mlody hype thread.
>>
So basically Peace Sword: The Album
>>
>>68590482
I like it a whole lot
>>
>>68590482
They need to change their sound already. It's okay, but they've been doing the same thing since 2009 and the returns are diminishing.
>>
anigi
>>
>>68590961
The Castle feels like a logical followup to The Terror, the floaty, dreamy, upbeat flipside to that album

I think they have a lot of stuff hidden up their sleeves for this album though. Wayne described it as "Syd Barrett meets A$AP Rocky" and wayne's been teasing some really proggy stuff on Instagram over the last 2 years
>>
File: tumblr_oeu2hvK4pA1tdjy6po1_540.png (534KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oeu2hvK4pA1tdjy6po1_540.png
534KB, 540x540px
>>68590482
Wayne's sense of melody is ok. Lyrics are really really subpar, production and instrumentals too subpar from what I heard (on my laptop speakers but still). Have thought the Lips have declined really really steeply sense At War with the mystics. THeir last good album was embryonic in my opinion and havent bothered even with the terror or any of their gimicks since. Just way way way too diluted and not to my taste
>>
>>68590970
Anigi is that you?
>>
>>68591212
>on my laptop speakers but still
stopped reading.
>>
who like peace sword here?
>>
>>68591545
I like peace sword. Its a nice piece and it sounds really triumphant after the dreary darkness of The Terror.
>>
>>68591212
I feel like part of the charm is his cheesy lyrics and strenuous singing style
>>
>>68592196
Yeah, they've been like that since The Soft Bulletin at least.
>>
>>68591405

Good production is mastered to sound clear and good on any system. Hence why something like deerhunter's microcastle or animal collective's MPP translate really well across different outputs. But hey, dont let me stop you from enjoying the flaming lips in 2016
>>
>>68592196
>>68592258

Yes but its not taking cheesy lyrics in the same vein and expanding upon it. Rather its just diluted and worse than something he pulled off rather well in the past
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.