[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Experiences with albums

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_9854.jpg (147KB, 608x608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9854.jpg
147KB, 608x608px
listened to any albums in perfect situations or gotten very specific feelings from an album recently? I just finished pic related while laying in bed sick/drowsy and it's never sounded better
>>
>>68588865
funny you say that
I got hit by depression randomly and felt sleepy as shit. Some anon in a sharethread reccomend RHP so I put it on and I just connected with that shit. While I didn't feel like getting out of bed
>>
>>68588865
You're literally only saying that because there's a bed saying that. I listened to it when I locked myself out of the house and there was clear, pure snow laying all around blocking the view in our backyard and it was dark as fuck. Related perfectly to that album, the numbness, the pure desire for beauty, the hopelessness (until I got back in again lol).
>>
>>68590280
*there's a bed on the cover
>>
File: Geodaddi-Borrar.jpg (125KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
Geodaddi-Borrar.jpg
125KB, 620x620px
I took a lot of Mushrooms once and just walked around outside touching and looking at nature at a forest once. The visualizations were incredible and really made the music seem surreal. Gyroscope and The Devil is in Details were beautiful.
>>
>>68588865
same here, listened to it in the dark after getting my wisdom teeth extracted. I remember the impact 24 made when it starts to get all distorted and bendy. I remember thinking it sounded like looking at the stitching of the song, like it flipped on itself
>>
File: file.png (613KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
613KB, 500x500px
Listened to this on a bus trip. I was so tired, and I was going to a country-side house to spend some time with my family. I got into a dreamy state being half asleep and started tripping about the album concept and having physical and sensitive mild hallucinations.

I felt really experiencing the album. Similar stuff happened when I first listened Loveless.
>>
I've had a few moments like this, but one in particular stands out.

Me and my girlfriend drove out of the city to go to her cabin for a weekend, and on the way back we stopped at a drive in movie theatre and watched a movie. Then, driving back, we put on Teen Dream by Beach House. I was driving and she was half asleep in the passenger seat. A storm started to appear on the horizon, and it was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. We had a perfect view of the bizarre cloud formations, and flashes of lightning would illuminate the entire landscape every few minutes. Something about the music, us being in the car, and the storm on the horizon just made every note sound perfect. It was surreal and beautiful and time seemed to stand still. Once the album stopped I swear the rain immediately started to pour. We just listened to the rain after the album finished.

It was the best music listening experience of my entire life and one of the most spiritual things I've ever felt.
>>
File: 71rQlqGH7GL._SL1500_.jpg (243KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71rQlqGH7GL._SL1500_.jpg
243KB, 1500x1500px
I started uni recently. Made a lot of casual acquaintances but I miss all the strong connections I made in High school. I don't really know anyone here well enough to even call them friends. This album really resonates with me right now.
>>
>>68590788
That's beautiful, spiritual feelings from music are always amazing.
>>
File: purity-ring-shrines-cover-5315.jpg (116KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
purity-ring-shrines-cover-5315.jpg
116KB, 650x650px
Listened to this album sitting on my shitty student accomodation couch with my then fwb's head on my lap the morning after a stupid benzodiazepine and alcohol binge which both of us were still feeling the effects of. I had lost my virginity to her, and as I sat there rubbing her hair as both of us faded in and out of consciousness almost to the rythm of Shrines I think it was the happiest I've ever been.
>>
>>68590956
You just gotta open up your heart and let love iiiiiinnnnnnnnn. You will make plenty of strong connections.
>>
>>68590956
My best friend is still a lad I met in high school, we seperated for college but I still talk to him more than any one else I've met. You do tend to collect friends in uni almost by accident if you just force yourself into each social gatherings.

Try and join in with your roommates' groups if they're friendly. After a year or so you'll look back and realise that you've gotten quite a lot of close friends. Although I have to say that friendships beyond high school are much more transient, relationships shift, timetables no longer match up, people mature at different rates. It's important to learn how to leave friends behind as well as how to make new ones.
>>
File: De-Loused_in_the_Comatorium.jpg (52KB, 313x300px) Image search: [Google]
De-Loused_in_the_Comatorium.jpg
52KB, 313x300px
Back in high school I was at home with a pretty high fever one day. I spent the morning listening to pic related while reading Johnny Got His Gun by Dalton Trumbo. That was quite an experience for 15-year-old me
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.