[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are female musicans with deep voices so much better than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: marina274.jpg (237KB, 770x1040px) Image search: [Google]
marina274.jpg
237KB, 770x1040px
why are female musicans with deep voices so much better than the ones with high voices?
>>
t h i s
>>
File: lesbo guitar waifu.jpg (375KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lesbo guitar waifu.jpg
375KB, 1600x1200px
totally agree

pic related
>>
Is true desu
>>
yeah that's why joanna newsom sux haha
>>
File: tfwnoqttrapgf.png (425KB, 500x679px) Image search: [Google]
tfwnoqttrapgf.png
425KB, 500x679px
>>68583718
true
>>
beach house is a good example

counterexample is cocteau twins
>>
>>68583718
Because you're an average music listener. I'll let Grimes explain it more thoroughly:

>...there was a study that we read about when I was in [electro/psycho-acoustics] class: They polled tons and tons of people and found out the most loved type of music and the most hated type of music. And actually, the most loved type of music is deep women's vocals — so, Beyoncé and Adele and stuff, that makes sense. But the most hated was, like, children's choirs — and I love children's choirs. High female vocals, people hate that...
http://www.npr.org/2016/04/27/455769676/feeling-this-a-conversation-with-grimes
>>
File: CfsX760WEAEwSSa.jpg (60KB, 490x750px) Image search: [Google]
CfsX760WEAEwSSa.jpg
60KB, 490x750px
Would you consider her deep or high? I'd say in the middle.
>>
File: img_6011.jpg (746KB, 960x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img_6011.jpg
746KB, 960x1200px
No doubt
>>
>>68587531
Isn't her voice high?
>>
>>68587181
she didn't really explain anything.
>>
File: larissa.jpg (30KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
larissa.jpg
30KB, 450x600px
Her or Lana del Rey are my favorite female musicians
>>
>>68583718
because you're a fucking retard with shit taste.
bjork, joanna newsom, cocteau twins, kate bush, shiina ringo, portishead etc etc
>>
>>68583718
>>68587181

Hmmm, I wonder if this is because sexism or because there's something in the average human body that naturally doesn't respond well to high-pitched sounds or finds them annoying/grating?
>>
>>68589607
The latter. I studied a lot of the same things as Grimes did for my first degree (namely psycho-acoustics) and was exposed to the same research she mentions here. Since this is all heavily rooted in human psychology there are no definite answers. However behaviorally speaking it makes a whole lot of sense that higher pitches tend to come across as more unpleasant to us since so much danger in our environment is tied to high pitched sounds.
>>
>>68587531
Semen demon who?
>>
I personally prefer mezzo-sopranos, so I don't know.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.