[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: milesdavis-bitchesbrew.jpg (66KB, 628x635px) Image search: [Google]
milesdavis-bitchesbrew.jpg
66KB, 628x635px
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: folder.jpg (284KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
284KB, 1000x1000px
Miles believed that Hendrix and Betty had an affair which supposedly hastened the end of their marriage, but Betty denies this. Hendrix and Miles stayed close after the divorce, planning to record until Hendrix's death. The influence of Hendrix and especially Sly Stone on Miles Davis was obvious on the album Bitches Brew (1970), which ushered in the era of jazz fusion. The origin of the album's title is unknown, but some believe Miles was subtly paying tribute to Betty and her girlfriends. In fact, it is said that he originally wanted to call the album Witches Brew—it was Betty who convinced him to change it.[3]
>>
>>68583067
Thanks, but I was referring to the music actually, not the title.
>>
>>68583067
Not OP, but thanks a lot. I have wondered what that album title means.
>>
was it the first post rock album?
>>
>>68583418
No. First post rock album is Red.
>>
One of the few Jazz albums to reach platinum
I think it was also the best selling Miles album while he was alive
>>
>>68583552
Yea but why though? I consider myself an enthusiast of bebop era jazz as well as newer stuff like fusion(Herbie Hancock, Holdsworth, Pat Metheny, ...) This album though, its impression at the first listening is as spliced together as it was actually produced. It feels sloppy, too casual and not at all interesting if you have listened to any later jazz fusion. Even if I had listened to this without any prior contact with later jazz fusion, I'd simply find it dull. So I'm wondering how it could possibly sell as well as it did at that time.
>>
>>68583418

Miles had nothing to do with post-rock you ingrate pleb.
>>
>>68583698
If you're so knowledgeable about Miles Davis, why not contributing to the thread? Not trying to be mean, I'm genuinely asking for any insights.
>>
>>68583503
in a silent way is pretty cool
>>
>>68583663
Right place, right time.
>>
>>68583663
i struggle to imagine how could anyone find it dull
>>
>>68583663
Got any jazz fusion recommendations? I love Bitches Brew but have started to grow bored with it too. It's not really complex, and I've begun to know it too well.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.