[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Bonito Generation by Kero Kero Bonito?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: imgres.jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
Thoughts on Bonito Generation by Kero Kero Bonito?
>>
>>68578990
Best album 2016
>>
cute and fun
>>
Great beats, shit lyrics/vocalist
>>
File: AR-309029986.jpg (9KB, 265x400px) Image search: [Google]
AR-309029986.jpg
9KB, 265x400px
>>68580349
>>
I'm not sure if it's good or just a meme
>>
GREAT LIVE SHOW

I GET GIDDY WHEN I LISTEN
>>
>>68580424
For a girl, two guys & some shit equipment... good live show.
>>
>>68580349
The corny lyrics/beats make it for me. Its different at least
>>
It's like they don't want to succeed, & yet sell enough to party.

GOD, I LOVE THEM
>>
>>68580522
She's such a lazy songwriter, Gus and Jamie do all the work
>>
>>68580622
Her job is to get the audience hype & then sing.

Who else does that without lip syncing?
>>
ANY PARTY ANYWHERE, BUT SAY THE CUBS WIN THE SHIT. I'M DOWN 20$??
>>
>>68580649
Any vocalist does that?
She certainly plays a role in the group, she just does it so poorly
>>
>>68578990
CUTE
U
T
E

CUTE!
E
>>
>>68580622
is there something wrong with that? They were the band before they hired her.
>>
>>68580772
I have an issue with it because I think the instrumentals are really great but they become reduced to nothing but the soundtrack to the boring-ass corny lyrics that she writes for all their songs. They could stand much better on their own and it sucks that they don't work with a better vocalist
>>
>>68580855
>bubblegum ass rap
>mad because bubblegum ass rap

Nigga if you don't get your ass out this thread with that bullshit
>>
>>68580708
Better yet, let's get Young Thuger out her to make your dreams come true.

They say this generation is too individualistic, but too disregard talent in favor of shit?

I know you guys.
>>
So you want two semi competent Jamis xx;s out there without their leader.

I FUCKING HATE YOU /MU/
>>
western girl trying really really hard to be cute ---> cringe, not cute

youre not japanese sarah youre british
>>
>>68580923
You'ld be that type of nigger that would kick David Byrne out the band out of respect of the rytheme section.
>>
>>68580934
she's half japanese though what

you're right though about it trying really hard to be cute
>>
>>68580934
She's half Japanese and speaks Japanese, though.
>>
I hate /mu/

Fuck you.

So bare bones, no nuance.
>>
>>68580966
she doesnt have japanese cultural identity, she just fetishizes it
>>
>>68580880
I mean I'm totally ok with some trash lyrics if the vocalist has a lot of personality, but she really doesn't have any.

I wouldn't compare her at all to any vocalist or rapper who makes up for poor songwriting with tons of personality, There are rappers with plenty more personality than her and their poor lyrics are usually much more enjoyable or at least funny
>>
File: 1443384122683.gif (2MB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1443384122683.gif
2MB, 360x240px
>>68580999
Nice trips.

Hope you die tomorrow.
>>
>>68580999
YOU MISSED THE POINT & YOU POSSIBLY MAY KICK A BUCKET
>>
>>68580980
still honestly doesnt make what she does much better than leetstreet pocky otaku bullshit. she did not grow up in japan, and all her weeaboo panderings are completely forced and calculated. it's a gimmick that was planned out
>>
british bitch trying to be japanese, no just no, just listen to daoko
>>
maximum fun with good beats.
perfect follow-up.

>>68580546
agree 100%

>>68580999
listen to their first album as well, songs like i'd rather sleep, babies are so cute and some of the other slower songs gives her performance a nice touch of dark anxiety
>>
Cute fun album
>>
I love it
>>
Trampoline is a really fun song but I feel like they trying to be a discount perfume. The beats are pretty corny which works well for her lyrics but together they end up coming off as novelty songs but without the self-awareness. Sadly the Japanese is uninteresting since she only uses it to vary up the words, not the flow or structure. I feel like the kinks are getting worked out and they could potentially be good a couple albums down the road.
>>
Am I thinking too deep that picture this is a critique of this generations obsession with taking pictures of every god damn thing?

I love the album btw
>>
>>68578990
I want to fuck a frog.
>>
>>68581042
>all her weeaboo panderings are completely forced and calculated. it's a gimmick that was planned out
So's all jpop, jrock etc., so that just makes it more authentic Japanese if anything. Shit, even western pop music is largely image-based and created by people who never appear on stage.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.