[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the point of "A Wild Pack of Family Dogs"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: moon_antarctica.jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
moon_antarctica.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
What was the point of "A Wild Pack of Family Dogs"?
>>
To change the mood of the album after a 9 minute long song about mortality and the universe
>>
Its the best song on the album
>>
>>68578397
Yeah that makes sense. I meant the lyrics though
>>
>>68578427
It's just a meme, Isaac has said before that sometimes he writes humorous stories just for the fuck of it.
>>
>>68578440
Interesting. It's always felt like every MM songs I've listened to has had some kind of point to it though. Like maybe the dogs are supposed to symbolize religious people who kill others in the hopes that they'll be rewarded when they die, hence "Now they will receive their rewards". Maybe it is just a troll though
>>
>>68578489
I mean it could have some meaning while also being a bit of a joke song, kind of like doin the cockroach
>>
>>68578527
Yeah true, they aint mutually exclusive
>>
>>68578440
>>68578527
it's not a joke song you numbnut, there's just a dissonance between the sound of the song and the actual lyrics.
it doesn't make any sense that isaac would put a joke song on the album, especially not in the place, but the simple style does offer some relief from stars

isaac has called the song "a true story told by a liar," i'm positive it represents something.
>>
It's like a murder ballad, similar to Nick Cave's album Murder Ballads if you've never heard of a murder ballad before, but from the perspective of the victim (the kid who lost their entire family) and they're essentially apologizing to the murderer (the wild pack of dogs) by saying that's just the way things are, as if there is no moral distinction between the victim and the dogs because they're just dogs and they don't know what they're doing, and so in the end it's ok and no one's to blame, the same way it's (from the kid's perspective) not his dads fault for getting fired from his job or his employers fault for firing him but just something that incidentally happened that he can't do nothin' about.
>>
>>68578773
Thats an interesting way to look at it too senpai
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.