[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rap/Hip Hop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 8

File: 1484.jpg (19KB, 930x558px) Image search: [Google]
1484.jpg
19KB, 930x558px
>https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/oct/20/jay-z-nominated-songwriters-hall-of-fame?CMP=twt_gu

Jay would be my pick as well.
>>
>>68577858
He'd be my pick too. If not him, then Nas.
>>
>>68578258
I've been defending him all day.
Jay goes over too many people's heads.
>>
>>68578477
Bars and bars of double and triple entendres is amazing from a writing perspective. Only issue is, like you said, it goes over people's heads.
>>
>>68577858
Jay Z's lyrics are complete garbage.
>>
I would nominate Gucci Mane
>>
>>68578560
>I take everything at a surface level
>>
File: 4L_33ipkcsm.jpg (215KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
4L_33ipkcsm.jpg
215KB, 960x540px
>>68578575
Definitely, Mane never fails to entertain me with his masterful yet hilarious lyrics. JayZ is old and should be out of the game. If not him at least Ye.
>>
>>68578530
"Me and Ty Ty is like Pablo and Popeye
Winding dirt roads on mopeds spilling Opus
Welcome to the magnum opus, the Magna Carta
The best-selling author Decoded
On the holiday playin' "Strange Fruit"
If I'ma make it to a billi I can't take the same route
Swoosh, that's the sound of the border
Swoosh, and that's the sound of a baller
Muhammad Hovi my back against the rope
The black Maybach, I'm back inside the boat
Shepard Fairey they finally gave me some hope
Can't believe they got a nigga to vote
Democrat? Nope, I sold dope
In trouble waters I had to learn how to float
On the ocean, I'm in heaven
Yachting, Ocean 11"
The Shepard line relating to Obama/his Hope poster/slogan, and the Ferry as in the boat and Ocean/racism theme of the verse is absolutely ridiculous.
Also Billie Holiday/Strange Fruit/Billi.
>>68578560
"Is it truth or it's fiction, is it truth or it's fiction?
Is Hova atheist? I never fuck with True Religion
Am I down with the devil cuz my roof come up missin'?
Is that Lucifer juice in that two cup he sippin'?
That's D'usse baby welcome to the dark side
Coulda got blacklist for the crack shit
White Jesus in my crock pot
I mix the shit with some soda
Now I'm black Jesus turn water to wine
And all I had to do was turn the stove up
Beast Coast, winnin' at life, nigga, cheat code
The hatin' is flagrant, hit your free throws
The devil try to hit me with the RICO, them black people
Devil want these niggas hate they own kind
Gotta be Illuminati if a nigga shine
Oh we can't be a nigga if a nigga rich?
Oh we gotta be the devil that's some nigga shit
You seen what I did to the stop and frisk
Brooklyn on the Barney's like we own the bitch
Give the money to the hood, now we all win
Got that Barney's floor lookin' like a VIM
Black hoodie, black skully
Bravado like Mavado, boy I'm that gully
Gettin white money but I'm still black
All these niggas claiming king but I'm still that
King Hova, Mansa Musa
From a lie, the devil is a lie, I'm the truth, yeah"
>>
File: kx3dQz1477023418.jpg (214KB, 501x573px) Image search: [Google]
kx3dQz1477023418.jpg
214KB, 501x573px
>>
i hope he gets it, the dude's lyrics are honestly so slept on
>>
>>68578731
In my mind, he's the GOAT. Definitely a GOAT contender in most people's books. It makes me wonder how people sleep on his lyricism
>>
Moon Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEu93kzSNpQ
>>
Jay-Z's a meh rapper and musician. His top hits are good, but he doesn't compare to other rappers, such as Nas, Kendrick, Andre 3000, Doom, etc.
>>
>>68578867
Rappers like Lupe Fiasco, Ab-Soul, of Royce Da 5' 9 recognize Jay's lyrical skill, Lupe was just talking the other day about how Jay's had the biggest impact on him lyrically and how he's who he studies as to be a better rapper, but so many listeners just want to say people only rank Jay high because of his money and radio hits.
Also:
"No it isn't straight bullshit, more than any rapper in history Jay Z is known for his business success and ginormous bank account, and as the result of that, when someone pops up to give him praise choruses of people will jump to claim that he's only placed on that level because of those things and his radio success. Jay to hordes of people, represents everything wrong with hip hop,and not only that but they don't see him as quote on quote "real", he's a snake, he's Illuminati, he's just some Camel who latched himself onto Biggies tittie and rode into the game stealing enough lyrics to fill the entirety of his discography in a 20 year long career.

(Plus he's reached past the underdog phase and became the boss so people want to see him fail and deny his ability) So it doesn't matter if said other rappers are popular, as long as they don't have an issue with their image (whether it's truly better or not), like with Biggie or Pac who were killed, or if the rapper was an underground MC like Big L who was also killed,or whatever else.
Jay obviously gets lyrical credit, he's too successful to not, but there's a large segment of the population who throw him more flack than he deserves and plug their ears to his music because of everything other than the actual lyricism."
>>
>>68578922
Said like someone who really hasn't listened to Jay.
>>
>>68578731
American Gangster is insane lyrically.
>>
>>68578899
lmao
>>
ye before jay everytime
>>
>>68579201
Uhhhhm, I love Ye's lyrics but he gets too much help with them.
He's tied for my favorite artist with Jay, but I wouldn't put him over Jay as a traditional songwriter.
>>
>>68579201
Ye isn't in Jay's league lyrically. Even Ye says so.
>>
>>68578618
>"People lined up to see the Titanic sinking"
>>
>>68579655
The first two Grammy Family Freestyle verses are all that's needed to adress haters.
>>
Too lazy to read the article, is he the first hip-hop artist to get in? If so, then all of the obvious golden age/early hip-hop artists (Nas, Rakim, Chuck D, and yes, Biggie and 2pac) should've gotten in before him.

That being said, yeah he deserves to get in. I'm just saying others deserve to get in more than him.
>>
>>68579655
>Hasn't listened to Reasonable Doubt
>>
>>68578697
That first verse you posted is all ass, but, I gotta admit that I like the second verse.
>>
>>68578991
Lupe and Ab-Soul trash as fuck too.
>>
>>68579688
Nas, Rakim, Chuck D, and Big all come to mind for this definitely. I think Jay's a great 1st Hip-Hop artist, though.

As for Pac his lyrics weren't as strong as the others mentioned. His biggest asset was his delivery.
>>
>>68579726
Ab-Soul has released some truly awful music, but also one of the 10 best rap songs of the 2010s, so it kind of balances out?
>>
>>68579726
>The Cool
>Food & Liquor
>Trash

C'mon son
>>
>>68579586
>Even Ye says so.
Yeah, because people can't be wrong about themselves or insecure.
Kanye shits all over Jay. OG Diamonds From Sierra Leone is better than the remix.
>>
>>68579688
Jay Z is superior to both Rakim and Chuck D, they're simply the originators of styles other artists took farther by standing on their shoulders.

Jay Z, Nas, and Biggie are better than Tupac by every literary merit.
Jay Z is a superior rapper to both Biggie and Nas in metaphors, repetition, entendres, and punchlines.
>>
>>68579730
I know 2pac's not a technically amazing hip-hop artist but when he gets to the heart (which is the most important thing in songwriting in my opinion) he's better than most other hip-hop artists.

Or to put it another way, I was a born in the wrong generation kid who thought rap was crap. A friend recommended I listened to Changes and it was legitimately the first song that ever made me cry. I can't think of any other hip-hop song, even another one by 2pac that would've done that.
>>
FUCK JAY-z

Illuminati fuck is ten plus years suspect.
>>
>>68579702
Why would I waste my time like that? Almost every Jay-Z line or verse I've heard has been corny garbage.
>>
>>68579755
What song does Ye has that even comes close to something like D'evils? Politics As Usual? Brooklyn's Finest? Lucifer? Public Service Announcement?

I LOVE Ye, but he's not lyrically nice. It's not his strength
>>
>>68579755
>>68579201
Please stop dick riding. You know Kanye uses ghost writers and producers
>>
>>68579702
Stop just posting Reasonable Doubt.
People are way too comfortable typing that as Jay's only lyrical achievement when American Gangster is more advanced and solid lyrically.
Not to mention while not being his best project for many reasons, MCHG has some of Jay's most poetic/genius lyricism beyond RD.
>>
>>68579793
Slick Rick has better credentials.

Rick being the Norm MacDonald of hip hop.
>>
>>68579738
Ab-Soul can never be forgiven for "let me put my mouth where you potty".

>>68579744
Lupe has always been and always will be horrible. He' s just like Kendrick in that he thinks he's a lot smarter than he actually is.
>>
>>68579771
1. Them being the originators is why they should've got in first.
2. Everything you've mentioned is about technicality. I don't care about technicality (don't take me the wrong way, it's impressive when an artist puts effort into their songs) anywhere near as much as I care about emotional impact. That's why I prefer Dylan and Townes to Cohen when Cohen's arguably the most literate of their branch of songwriting. Jay-Z's stuff rarely touches me the same way the other artists I mentioned do.
>>
>>68579826
Jay_Z hasn't been meanigful since Blueprints & you know it.
>>
>>68579796
>>68579796
>I haven't listened to most of this artists music, but I still hold a stronger opinion than someone who does

Makes perfect sense
>>
>>68579796
It's widely agreed to be a top 5 album in all of Hip-Hop, that's why. Many have it 2nd only being beat by Illmatic.

>>68579826
I definitely don't think that's his only lyrical album. That being said, he hasn't, lyrically, topped RD.
>>
>>68579814
>>68579819
"Mayo colored Benz, I push miracle whips" is better than anything Jay-Z has ever said in his entire career.
>>
File: the carter iv.jpg (107KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
the carter iv.jpg
107KB, 894x894px
>>
>>68579864
Nas may be a good lyricist, but holy shit is Illmatic boring.
>>
>>68579868
>"Mayo colored Benz, I push miracle whips

Awww, that one line Ye thought of himself?
>>
File: lGiX9Fr.png (17KB, 626x624px) Image search: [Google]
lGiX9Fr.png
17KB, 626x624px
>>68579868
>>68579871
>>
>>68579882
>I don't know anything about Kanye West
>>
>>68579879
>, but holy shit is Illmatic boring.

Die...
>>
>>68579879
Maybe it's just because I've been into Hip-Hop since childhood, but I don't find it boring.

But I get the fact that it's just straight BARS on top of laid back beats can make it boring for some.
>>
This shit mad corny.
>>
My Top 5 as a silly white guy

1. Schoolboy Q
>>
>>68579890
I know he used ghostwriters for half of College Dropout. After that, he use a lot more in the rest of his albums. Ye can't make music on his own.
>>
>>68579906
2. Nas
>>
>>68579864
I'm just gonna say, go by track by track and compare RD and AG, and you'll most likely come to the conclusion it's lyrically superior, at the very least technically.
>>68579843
Jay Zs stuff effects me emotionally while Pac and Nas don't, so that's one reason I prefer him.
>>
>>68579932
Jay's my favorite rapper. I've listened to both more times than I can count. But for you, I'll do it again
>>
3. ANTWON
>>
>>68579918
lol
>>
>>68579891
>>68579903
It's the beats and his voice for me, shit is straight NyQuil.
Same with Earl.
>>
>>68579932
Give me a Jay song that affects you, genuinely curious.
>>
>"Rappers hear Watch the Throne, they gon' be pissed off
Earth is boring to 'em, shit is making my dick soft"
>>
4. Yo-Landi Vi$$er
>>
>>68579890

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/10/20/kanye-west-blasts-jay-z-for-not-reaching-out-after-kim-kardashian-robbery

I know he's a joke
>>
>>68579884
Lil Wayne is just as worthy of a contender as Jay is and I say that without a hint of irony. Arguably more influential too.
>>
5. Kanye
>>
>>68579979
Every rapper that has rapped after 2005 is influenced by Jay.

Wayne's influenced the current new wave, but dude's like Kendrick, Drake, and J. Cole all site Hov as an influence. Any dudes from mid-late 00s all have Hov as an influence too. Not to mention a HUGE portion of all rappers believe Hov is the GOAT.
>>
>>68579978
You're really dumb as fuck.
>>
>>68580043

>dickriding
>>
Glad to find a thread about hip-hop lyrics. Maybe you white guys can help me up my bars.
>>
>>68580113
I'm black, senpai
>>
>>68579967
Can I Live.
Feelin It.
Regrets.
All on album one.
Recently?
Spiritual.
>>
>>68580100
>Being completely unable to empathize and look at the situation from an objective standpoint
>Disregarding the fact that Kanye West has mental health problems
>>
>>68579967
Not that Anon but Feelin' It, Regrets, Never Change, Song Cry, December 4 are all mad emotional. Song Cry gets me bad tho. That beat is made for tearin' up.
>>
>>68580113
Are you black.

If you are, please dare god pick up & musical instrument.

Rock is so much cooler.
>>
>>68580146
Kinda feel bad for him, man. People close to him say he's got schizophrenia. Dude also clearly has bpd with how he splits on people.

Kinda sad, and you can tell his mother's death and the years following only made it worse.
>>
>>68580173
Join a band.

Become one of the studio musicians that created Thriller.

The world doesn't need another "rap" fuck.

I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN & KILL YOU
>>
File: Ghost_Zelda.png (147KB, 288x340px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost_Zelda.png
147KB, 288x340px
favorite jay-z track?

mine's still dead presidents ii
>>
SATURATED
>>
>>68580228
Dead Presidents II, Feelin' It, Girls Girls Girls pt II, and Song Cry are all faves
>>
>>68580228
Too many.
The song I'm currently obsessed with though, is Ignorant Shit.
>"Shoot niggas straight through the ER/
Whoa!"
Niggas(er)
>>
>>68578575
>>68578626
I'll take a nigga bricks and I done took a nigga rep
Put that pistol on your partner made him piss all on himself
Got your bitch so pissy drunk
That she done threw up on herself
'Fore I send her back to you
She gon' have Guwop on her breath
>>
>>68580129
Even better, maybe.
I have a really hard time when it comes to writing lyrics because it's hard to pinpoint the rules of hip-hop.
Listen to a song by any rapper and most of what is said will be random things about life, women, etc interconnected thematically through bars.
But then how do you choose a chorus like that? How do you choose a title? It needs to encompass the entire song, but the song covers many grounds.
Sometimes though there are songs all about one topic.

It's Stronger vs. Crack Music
Diamonds From Sierra Leone vs. Addiction
Breath In Breath Out vs. School Spirit

You get what I mean?
>>
>>68580173
I'm not interested in rock anymore, only hip-hop and pop.
>>
>>68580182
>People close to him say he's got schizophrenia
Holy shit, really?
>and the years following only made it worse.
He was cheated on at some point too, maybe more than once.
808s & Heartbreak is brutal, he says he'll never love again in Coldest Winter.
>>
>>68580327
Yeah, I get you.

Honestly, I've heard a few rappers say that they just write their bars, let the bars be whatever either comes off the dome, or what you planned on writing. Then worry about making it a song.

Essentially, get the rapping laid out, then you can kinda sit back and think about shit like a hook and a title.

>>68580370
I'll look for it, but a producer that worked on TLOP said that he's schizophrenic.
>>
Bump because this is the best hiphop related thread in a while
>>
>>68580604
Anything you have to add about Jay?
>>
>>68580615
I've been posting in here. I just want the talk to keep going
>>
Did y'all know Rick Ross used to help Jay-Z write at one point?
>>
>>68580662
No because that isn't true, and there's no reason to think so.
This isn't Jay Elec and Nas.
>>
>>68580662
Jay is Ross' biggest influence. It didn't happen
>>
HIP HOP OS DEAD

WE KNOW IT

CREATE A NEW

Charles Bradley is older tan my dad when he died.
>>
>>68580743
PLEASE DEAR GOD NIGGERS

BLUES
R&B

I know the white man has made your bed for you.
I HATE YOU

DO SOMETHING

WE HAVE THE NUMBERS
>>
>>68580635
Guess I'll post part of an analysis on Jay I did, which touches on a section of his AG song Sweet:
"Or take "Sweet" for example:
"So I make no apologies, crooked policies
So a G a nigga gotta be
We playing for property no Monopoly
So I'll pass go and let my nephew follow me
They say the child shall lead
So I take it far as I can and then we shall see
Shall we dance with the devil for a beat
I pray to God I ain't got two left feet
Do the hustle put ki's in the street
Then I'm ballroom dancing
Ke-ke'in in the suite
Sweet BB's on the feet
TV's in the seat, ene-mies on the creep
It's so corrupt
Soak it up it's a lesson
Every fuck up
One day you're up
Next day you're down
Long as you stay the same it'll come back around"
Perfect interpolation of the songs title into the verse in multiples bars (he does the same in the first versez using Sweet as an intro to the track and making it sound pleasurable, only to follow up with " and still there's pain" with snaps you into what the track is really about, which is also a follow up on the previous track Roc Boys where you can hear Jay saying 'Sweet' on the outro, only to show the eventual fall out of the high life on the next track)
But to the main point, on this verse you have the dance section, which is just amazing, how in a few bars Jay's able to build up an effective metaphor that doesn't just work as an effective metaphor, but works as a story in and of itself, that self references back to track one "Pray".

He says "Shall we dance with the devil for a beat", which is already a known phrase, but he uses beat which can mean a period of time, or something like a police officers beat, and for the song as he's a rapper an actual beat, and is essentially saying his dance with the devil is his time as a dealer.

And then he continues the metaphor with "I pray to God I ain't go to left feet", which would mean he's incapable of dancing or in this case succeeding in the game.
>Cont.
>>
>>68580789
"His usage of praying to God not only means the general phrase which might not mean you're actually praying, but references back to the end of verse two on Pray where in the final line he prays to God for his endeavors in criminal activities, AND, he's praying to God for help in his dance with the Devil which shows the contradiction, and the two sides to this life which is at the heart of Sweet.

Then he continues the metaphor with The Hustle, a dance that originated among Puerto Ricans in the Bronx and used at house parties, something that a "street", young, unsophisticated, "low class" Jay Z would use, to double as a metaphor for hustling as in drugs putting ki's in the street (does the ki usage also double as in piano keys as in music for the dancing? I dunno), and now suddenly he's moved up from that "low" dancing, and low level hustling, as he's ballroom dancing, as he's above those "regular" dances, and as he's above that dancing he's not dealing in the streets now, he's hiding drugs in suites (that's what Ke Ke is to do), and he's ke ke'ing (which means to giggle) at the success he's had.

And that's not even the half of anything on that one track, let alone the entire album which is filled with gems, and incredible internals/multis like on the title track, which he manages to do with more metaphors,punchlines, and just general cleverness and great songwriting"

Thoughts?
>>
>>68580761
Change course.

Don't rap, be a poet.

Let me stab the next fucker who tells ne he "raps".
>>
>>68579879
nahhh. to me that's an album with no filler that i can just put on and listen through and enjoy it. overrated albums to me that get really boring are both ATLiens and Aquemini from Outkast. I love Outkast but there's just too much filler on those albums
>>
>>68580789
>>68580806
Damn good write-up, Anon. Written like a true student of the game. If you got a blog you post this stuff on, you gotta share it
>>
>>68580852
Nah, I've just gotten tired of people disregarding Jay's non Reasonable Doubt material/lyrical ability, so I've wrote things like this occasionally in arguments.
I've moved on from studying AG and KC, to studying Magna Carta Holy Grail, AG I'd the best album out of these three obviously, but the best of KC and MCHG is up with the best of anything Jay's put out lyrically, it's just executed badly and admist a mess of flow and badly picked beats largely.
>>
>>68580910
So would you still say RD is his best album overall? What are your rankings?
>>
>>68580910
>>68580927
Interested in where you rank his stuff.
>>
>>68578715
Exactly what I came into this thread for
I'm so ready
>>
>>68580969
Finished listening to it not too long ago. Solid tape, really fun listen.
>>
>>68580927
>>68580937
This is how Jay-Z himself ranks his albums

1. Reasonable Doubt (Classic)
2. The Blueprint (Classic)
3. The Black Album (Classic)
4. Vol. 2 (Classic)
5. American Gangster (4 1/2, cohesive)
6. Magna Carta (Fuckwit, Tom Ford, Oceans, Beach, On the Run, Grail)
7. Vol. 1 (Sunshine kills this album…fuck… Streets, Where I’m from, You Must Love Me…)
8. BP3 (Sorry critics, it’s good. Empire (Gave Frank a run for his money))
9. Dynasty (Intro alone…)
10. Vol. 3 (Pimp C verse alone… oh, So Ghetto)
11. BP2 (Too many songs. Fucking Guru and Hip Hop, ha)
12. Kingdom Come (First game back, don’t shoot me)

http://lifeandtimes.com/the-scoreboard?fullsite=true
>>
>>68580927
I'd say AG is most def his best album as an entire package, lyrically, consistency with song quality, and as a single "art piece".

But, RD equals it in that the song highs might be higher than the song highs on AG, and is just quality in general so I see no reason to rank it lower.

My personal ranking is:
>1)RD/AG
>2)TBA/TB/Vol.2
>3)Vol.3/Vol.1/Dynasty
>4)KC/MCHG
>5)BP3
>6)BP2 (Fucking horrid album)
I don't think anything other than the number one choices are absolute though.
>>
>>68578575
GUCCI MANE AND IM BOUT TO PUT MY YEEZYS ON
>>
>>68580977
I feel like it's the start of a new era for the genre, I can't handle rap/hip-hop being taken seriously anymore
All I want is every line delivered with a smile, like D.R.A.M
>>
>>68581023
As the person who made this thread, is defending MCHG, and wrote that partial analysis of Sweet, it's disgusting that Jay would even list Tom Ford.
That's songs the fucking definition of waste, and is one of the worst songs of all time, the only redeeming part of it is the tweets bar.
>>
>>68581064
This was a little after its release, so I think his ranking of it is a little inflated.
>>
>>68581112
He was partying with weirdos too much.
>yeah hov
>>
>>68581138
I'm sure we both think Hov has the potential to release another classic, but do you see him ever doing so?
>>
>>68581164
He had a ton of great material and concepts on MCHG that he fucked up by trying to be artsy, using weird flows, and choosing the wrong beats, so as long as he gets that in order and find good concepts, yes.
I hope Spiritual is an indicator of what we're getting:

"Pray your father's father wasn't touching his little daughter
Creating trans-generational trauma, that shit'll haunt ya
Pray your little cousin ain't fall from the place that you fall asleep
Of course it's hard for me
Nigga ain't dozed, I ain't washed in a week
I ain't changed clothes 'til the Black Album
Y'all rap about it, I'm wrestlin' in these streets
'Til I tapped out 'em, them niggas is WWE
Y'all can have that, I'm smack dab
In a hurricane of emotions
Can't even raise my little daughter, my little Carter
We call her Blue cause it's sad that
How can I be a dad that, I never had that
Shattered in a million pieces, where the glass at
I need a drink, shrink or something
I need an angelic voice to sing something
Bless my soul, extend your arms, I'm cold
Hold me for a half hour until I am whole, yeah."
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K2RH02WGbcA

>Will Cont. with analysis
>>
>>68581217
Jay's grandfather didn't set a good example as to be a father to his father, which provides an example as to why Jay's father was absentee and eventually left his family completely when Jay was eleven.

When Jay was young his little cousin fell to his death from his bedroom, when you fall from something it's "hard" , which explains why Jay uses hard in the next line to explain the emotional effect on himself.

The next two lines explain what happens when you're in a state of depression (I've experienced each of these points), as in not sleeping, forsaking hygiene, and wearing the same clothes, and Jay not only relates that to his emotional state, but the state of being in "the streets" for anyone in that life, great metaphor.

His use of Change Clothes also serves a reference to his hit on The Black Album, and what makes that line exceptional is that TBA was his retirement album, and on said album he describes switching from "Jersey's to Button Ups", and it's during the break after the album where he makes his switch from street Jay to full corporate Jay, leaving said streets life and mentality behind, as you can see on Kingdom Come, though it's still in him.

Then there's the amazing wrestling metaphor/term usage, where he makes it clear that he was wrestling in the streets but "tapped out em", showing that it's nothing to play with while these WWE rappers not really living it can have it, and that you don't "beat" the streets, you just know when to cut your losses, even Jay.

And he continues the wresting term usage with "smack dab" describing being in the eye of a storm.

Then the connection of his daughters name Blue and Sad, and the connection back to the father line at the beginning of the verse.

>Cont.
>>
but nas shits on him on every corner
>>
>>68581245

The description of himself being emotionally shattered in a million pieces as people commonly describe their hearts being, which he expertly uses to flow into needing a glass to drink from as the drink is what he's using to drown the shattered emotions inside of him and the shattered-ness could be shattered glass.

And then he pulls Beyonce into the verse as the "angelic voice", which goes right back to the song title "Spiritual", and said spiritualness continues with him needing the angel to bless his soul.

And the "whole" part of it being that throughout this enter verse it's been about parts of Jay he's missing, whether that's his father or his cousin or his confidence in his ability to be a good father, but his partner Beyonce is what he needs to fill that void, is his other half, is what makes him whole (and using half hour is GOAT because it makes usage of a full hour as a whole).

>Cont.
>>
>>68581268
"This is tougher than any gun that I raised
Any crack that I blazed, that was nothin'
Peeling back the layers, uncovering
Scars that never healed, I never kept it this real
I acted out, my life a stage, ten thousand people watchin'
Where's the little boy I knew?
I must have forgot him
Stuntin', of course we never grew
But we're alone now and I'm singing this song for you
Stuntin', of course we never grew
But we're alone now and I'm singing this song...you"

"Another great verse, first tackling rappers hiding behind the braggadocio nature of their rhymes, with great alliteration, and then a dissection of entertainers and the nature of their emotions.

Followed up by using "stunting", to say that Jay lost himself whole stunting from the spoils of fame and performing on stage, to saying that it's where the little boy is, that he's 'still' stunting, and that the boy stunting means he never grew as in he's using stunting to sound like stunted growth and equating that to what fame does to a person emotionally."

>>68581250
Only if you're only able to comprehend the storytelling and rapid fire aspect of rapping.
Except for maybe on Untitled which was abnormal for Nas.
>>
>>68581250
Nas is better from a technical standpoint, and arguably his best album is better than Jay's best album, but over the course of both their careers, Hov is the better rapper.
>>
>no mention of Eminem, who shits all over Jay
good job, /mu/
>>
>>68581564
>let me pack a bunch of internal rhymes that contribute nothing to the track into a couple bars.
>>
>>68581618
>Flippity dippity rappity rap lyrical miracle spiritual spherical
Also let me do some poor political rapping against a candidate even worse than this song
>>
>>68581618
Renegade alone annihlates half of Jay's career
>>
>>68581564
Eminem isn't special, he's just white.
>>
>>68581618
yet he still murdered Jay Z on his own track.
>>
>>68580425
Forgot to reply to this last night.
>Honestly, I've heard a few rappers say that they just write their bars, let the bars be whatever either comes off the dome, or what you planned on writing. Then worry about making it a song.
I've been doing that, but I hate most of what I write. I know "show don't tell", but it's really hard for me to illustrate that I'm suicidal and hate myself in a way that isn't completely horrible.
>>
See Poland fell first and Jews were the first to feel it
Herded into units by perverted Germans who used their loose liberties
To sexually abuse and misuse in full view of the camera
But it never made the news
Cause most Poles agreed that all Jews were infected
They infested every stock-invested bank
And every government think-tank had at least a Jew or two
So who am I to play the fall guy?
When I cast my eye on the neighbor's grass
Where it's truly greener on the other side
I must confide that I hate Jews just about as much as the Germans do
So when the burning smoke chokes out the air and all I smell is burning hair
I'll turn a blind eye and comply
With every single lie that you make us recite so we won't ask any questions
I'm just an average citizen
See many Europeans felt that Jews were just pollution
A problem finally solved by the Final Solution
Where Communists, Jews, gypsies, and handicapped queers
All became the target of irrational fears
Fed by the flames of state-sponsored propaganda
And that's when one man began to expand
His theories of inferiority and spread it like a virus
So Jews were enclosed in ghettoes completely frozen from contact
Beyond that flat where fifteen people slept back to back
Where liberty and property were stolen
On the grounds that Jews were the chosen scapegoats
So oats were torn and the horns sounded
>>
>>68583480
As the hatred rose from town to town the world was astounded
That the Nazis would treat some citizens so ruthless
But without documented proof the accusations were toothless
And since the persecuted were Jewish
The world watched and did nothing
See hate was fanned into obsession
Obsessed by the extermination of a nation founded by religion
So a nation created in fear and xenophobia
Proceeded to eliminate sanction by the state
But bullets were too expensive and didn't kill fast enough
Plus the mass graves made it hard to deny
The use of slaves digging their own graves
So science was used and compounds were created
To make the killing less anticipated and more efficient
A pesticide called Zyklon B was used
To see hundreds of strangers into the gas chambers
Which they were told were the showers
The children, women, and elderly must have been smelly
Cause immediately upon entry they were all sent to the showers
So the world watched and somebody had to know
That six million Jews went to camp and just didn't come home
>>
>>68583488
As I stare down the tracks
Where trains packed humans in cattle cars behind steel bars
The motto of this camp attracts my eye, it says: "Arbeit Macht Frei"
Meaning "Work will make you free" but all those who died inside
Probably never saw the irony
This place had an evil feeling as we roamed building to building
Sights before my eyes, each one the less appealing
A room piled to the ceiling with gold filling teeth
The next filled with shaved human hair
Soon to become some German chair and plush sofa
Suffocating stench as I clench my teeth, for what I reached next:
I saw ten huge chimneys burning gas, Jews to ashes
A whole section dedicated to storing glasses
Confiscated from the dead for resale
I felt frail and had to leave this hell or be consumed by its spell
>>
>>68583495
I've long since left but I consider it my duty
To bring this tragedy to the attention of a country
Who pats itself on the back for helping in the occupation
And bring freedom to a federation of the oppressed
But Canada must be undressed
Its dirty laundry put to rest
Our country frowned on the slaughter, perpetrated
A crime so anti-human we were all left exasperated but it faded over time
And if you think Denmark smelled rotten soon our feelings weren't forgotten
But I will never forget that this nation did nothing
And when our government feigned sadness they must have been bluffing
Cause before and during the war all the way into the fifties
Canada's immigration policy was just as clear as any:
One Jew is one Jew too many
So how can we condemn when we had a chance
To open up our arms and give our home to the survivors?
Instead we gave the red carpet to ex-Nazi storm riders
Whose record checks seemed to have been forgotten
At the border in the disorder
Why do you think we still keep finding out
The Nazis are our neighbors fifty years later?
Ask me if I think we should've done more
It's all said and done with now so what the fuck for?
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.