[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think the best Zeppelin album is?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

What do you think the best Zeppelin album is?
>>
Houses of the Holy
>>
II, some of Pages best guitar work imo.
>>
File: IV.jpg (163KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IV.jpg
163KB, 300x300px
>>68570854
>not posting this
>>
>>68570936
Stairway to Heaven is too much of a meme.
>>
>>68570854
Zep II. III and IV are tied for second as of now.

>THE WAY YOU SQUEEZE MY LEMON
>>
>>68570854
s/t > IV > Physical Graffiti > II > Houses of the Holy > III
>>
>>68570936
Not a bad track on here desu. Battle of Evermore and When the Levee Breaks are some of my favorite Zeppelin songs.
>>
>>68570950
it's a good song
>>
None of them
>>
>>68570854
Hard to say. The first six are all 10s. I've personally always been extra fond of II and, more recently, Physical Graffiti.
>>
>>68571073
>le loop zoop is bad meme
>>
>>68570884
Houses of the Holy > 2 > 3 > 4 > Physical Graffiti > 1 > In through the outdoor > the other one
>>
I
Physical Graffiti
IV
II
III
Houses
In Through the Out Door
Presence

I is at top because in my opinion it is the tightest, most exciting, most balanced (not between acoustic and electric but rather warm feeling and dark feelings), and has incredible pacing throughout the album as well as in the individual songs. Dazed and Confused, HMMT, Babe I'm Gonna Leave you are all epics while Communication Breakdown and Good Times Bad Times are perfect shorter songs.

Physical Graffiti comes next because while as an album is falters toward the end it has some of the best moments. The whole first disc is total rock, every single song. The second disc has some great songs. However, the flow really falls apart after Ten Years Gone, but the individual songs are probably the best.

IV comes next because come on. Black Dog and Rock&Roll are instant rock classics, the only reason to dislike them is because they are overplayed. Going to California is a really beautiful song, Misty Mountain Hop is super groovy, When the Levee Breaks is pure badass blues. 4 Sticks and Battle of Evermore are solid songs. Stairway is stairway.

II I rank a little lower because it is essentially a weaker version of the first album. It's got a lot of great songs -- Wholle Lotta Love, Heartbreaker, Ramble On -- and the other songs are great as well, but I does it so much better.

III has their best acoustic stuff but there is some lacking stuff. There are some weaker songs and the flow of the album is sort of killed by the inclusion of Hats Off to Roy Harper. Had they put in some better songs over the weaker ones this could be #1 or 2, but not as it is.

Houses I rank worst among their others because it's a little awkward. Rain Song is extremely great but there are some places where Plant starts to stretch past his dwindling abilities and the spontaneity and feel starts to decline. There are lots of great songs but as a whole it's awkward, a little overproduced.

Cont'd
>>
>>68571281
In Through the Out Door I am more apologetic toward because it is very badly produced but the music is good. The first third of Carouselambra has that energy that hearkens back to the early days and there are a lot of good songs. Had Page and Bonham gotten clean they could have made this album really really good without too much effort.

Presence is last because it's really just filler. Achilles and Nobody's Fault are great songs but the rest is forgettable. Tea for One is good jam but really just a weaker version of Since I've Been Loving you. Presence could have been good had they not rushed to produce the album in a week like they did.

It's hard to chose, though, because even their bad albums have so much strength to them.
>>
>>68570854
Nigger
>>
>>68570936
Its great, but the average classic rock station will play 6 to 8 of the songs at least once every single day. Eventually gets old
>>
>>68571411
But where do you place Coda? Dead last?
>>
>>68571544
I haven't listened to Coda too much desu and I don't count it as an album. About half of it is from 1 and 2 and the rest is from In Through the Out Door. It might be better than Presence but I don't know.
>>
>>68570950
I like this live version a lot. It's Plant's and Bonham's best performace and Page does a good solo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0aG7ToTHmY
>>
>>68571660
Yeah it's not exactly a cohesive album but there's some stellar songs on there. 'We're gonna groove' is killer.
>>
>>68571493
IV and II are the only good albums.
The rest have some good songs but are trash overall
>>
>>68571714
I really like Tom and We're Gonna Groove. Also like Bonzo's Montreaux, should have been on Presence.

There were better songs they could have put on there. Travelling Riverside Blues, Swan Song, Sugar Mama, etc
>>
>>68571746
You're wrong. I is gold from start to finish.
>>
>>68571752
Yeah, they should really release an album of 'all the other shit' on it.
>>
>>68571783
I made up an album called V of the best unreleased stuff. I think I rearranged it a few times. Forget what the first track was.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmF8kit9ZHvpX7CQksUb7MsCJoScmktFI
>>
>>68571817
Thanks! Will give a listen.
>>
File: 4L_ug0MuBX0.jpg (92KB, 702x705px) Image search: [Google]
4L_ug0MuBX0.jpg
92KB, 702x705px
>>68570854
>>
File: 4L_0eShXBlP.jpg (73KB, 702x701px) Image search: [Google]
4L_0eShXBlP.jpg
73KB, 702x701px
>>68570854
I saw IV album was already posted, so I'd say this one is the second best, it sure had some hits on it.
>>
II
Physical Graffiti
Houses of the Holy
I
IV
III
Presence
ITtOD
Walking Into Clarksdale (bonus)
Coda

2 is the only album that's 10/10 all the way through. What is and What Should Never Be and Lemon Song are Led Zeppelin doing their sound best. Bring it on Home is godly closer, and Thank You is beautiful. Even Living Loving Maid the weakest track is made better by the tracks before and after.

Physical Graffiti has several weaker tracks but the sheer number of variety in good tracks on the first 3 sides is outstanding. The Rover has some of Zeps best guitar tones, In the Light is possibly their best prog song, and Ten Years Gone is top 3 most beautiful Zep tracks.

Houses of the Holy would be #1 if it weren't for The Crunge and D'yer Mak'r two of my least favorities. But TSRtS, Rain Song, No Quarter, and The Ocean are all outstanding and entirely different styles.

1 suffers from the same problem as HotH. While Good Times Bad Times, Dazed and Confused, Black Mountain Side and How Many More Times are godly and unmatched in style by anything later on, the rest of the tracks are all lower tier. Why couldn't we get more songs like Black Mountain Side?

4 starts perfectly and ends perfectly, including Going to California. The rest of the tracks are less standout Zep material and Rock and Roll is up there in most overrated songs of all time. Repetive, uninspired, reuses blues structure. However still enjoyable.

3 has That's the Way, and Since I've Been Loving You which are top tier Zeppelin. The rest of the songs are either forced experimentation or blander Zep rock songs. But damn That's the Way can make me cry.

Presence is full of great rockin grooves, Achilles Last Stand, For Your Life, Tea For One, and Trampled Under Foot are all timeless. Candy Store Rock is pretty mediocre though.

ITtOD has solid moments throughout the album outside of Hot Dog, and Fool in the Rain sounds better every time I play it but the album definitely pales in comparison to prior albums.
>>
>>68573069
Walking Into Clarksdale isn't a Zep album and I wish JPJ was on it but man does it capture Zeppelin's sound even better than ITtOD (despite still being weaker). Glad I found this after being a Zep fan for years.

Coda doesn't flow and it screams b sides. We're Gonna Groove is good but in general the album is the bottom of their songwriting and production quality.
>>
>>68573069
I'd say you overrated II and underrate III and I. II has got some good stuff but Lemon Song isn't that much better than You Shook Me or I Can't Quit You from I, Thank You isn't as good as Tangerine or That's the Way. Immigrant Song, Good Times Bad Times, Communication Breakdown all top Living Loving Maid and view with the other tracks. And Bring it On Home isn't that good of a closer. HMMT and Levee are the ultimate closers.
>>
>>
>>68570854
Physical Graffiti
>>
theres a best?
>>
>>68574537
Fuck off, pleb.
>>
File: Them Crooked Vultures.jpg (46KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
Them Crooked Vultures.jpg
46KB, 250x248px
>>68570854
pic related
>>
>>68570936
Love it, but it suffers from overexposure, so a lot of people are tired of it.
I loved II and the first disc of Physical Graffiti. Haven't listened to Houses of the Holy in ages though.
>>
>>68570950
you act like Stairway to Heaven is the only song on the album..
>>
>>68571136
HotH>2>3>4=PG>1>Presence>ITtOD>Coda
>>
The one pictured. I like how it's all rock and roll and electric blues on side one and side two gets all mellow and folky with acoustic guitars and such.

Only thing I don't understand is why didn't they include Hey Hey What Can I Do (AKA I Got a Little Woman) on the album.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.