[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes good music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

What makes good music?
>>
The ratio of how much you enjoy it to how obscure it is
>>
How well it can create an emotional response. Which is subjective, but every other "measure" of quality either is more subjective ("power",
"aggression") or is arbitrarily tied to quality (innovation, complexity, etc.)
>>
how many people like it
>>
When the composer sets out it is with the aim of realising a certain goal in creation. The measurement of good music is the extent that the piece satisfies the original intent.
>>
>>68569245
>When the composer sets out it is with the aim of realising a certain goal in creation
Not necessarily, music production can be much more abductive than that.
>>
>>68569245
Who are you to define someone else's intent?
>>
>>68569263
>more abductive than
I don't understand
>>
>>68569477
I'm not going to as I'm not writing the piece. Sorry?
>>
>>68569501
The artist's vision is translated into a temporary product which in turn inspires a new vision in the artist which he translates into changes he makes to the piece which inspires a new vision and so forth. The final product is the result of an artistic process between the artist, the instrument and all the previous (and imagined) versions of the piece.
>>
>>68569534
Then how can anyone but the artist tell if it's good?
>>
>>68568941
Good artists
>>
>>68569676
I was thinking about that. So, if I set out to make a good be-bop song and succeed, then people that like be-bop should also enjoy it, more or less. If I want to make two songs of jangly indie as filler on an album and people are non-plused by it I've still succeeded in my eyes, I made what I set out to, in fact if it's filler and no-one was bothered then that's 10/10, does what it is supposed to.
>>
Dopamine
>>
Originality
Literally nothing else is needed
It's perfectly fine to not like original music, but that's not because the music is bad, but because your musical taste is
We all have bad taste at the end of the day, but some have worse than others
>>
>>68568941
Catchy melody.
Female vocals.

Neither of these are negotiable.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.