[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for good Riot Grrrl bands, or just good female fronted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: riot.gif (23KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
riot.gif
23KB, 375x360px
Looking for good Riot Grrrl bands, or just good female fronted punk bands.
>>
File: ViSubversa-Poisongirls.jpg (13KB, 220x214px) Image search: [Google]
ViSubversa-Poisongirls.jpg
13KB, 220x214px
"riot grrl" is an embarrassment to the true punk women of history
>>
>>68567512
no u
>>
>omg le look at us were gurrls playin punk xD

Try real stuff like White Lung
>>
well sleater-kinney ofc
>>
>>68567512
R.I.P. Vi ;_;
>>
Darkthrone
>>
File: heavenstobetsy.jpg (85KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
heavenstobetsy.jpg
85KB, 700x700px
GOAT Riot Grrrl
>>
Idk about riot grrrl but there is a lot of good female fronted punk.

The Distillers
Prefect Pussy
The Bags
Some Kind of Nightmare
X (male and female co-fronted)
>>
I don't believe riot grrrl actually exists.
>>
Bikini Kill
>>
>>68567470
Babes in Toyland
Bikini Kill (obv)
Bratmobile
G.L.O.S.S.
Le Tigre
Sleater-Kinney
Team Dresch
>>
X-Ray Spex
Penetration
Rezillos
>>
File: Photo on 2-28-15 at 1.24 PM #2.gif (829KB, 150x250px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 2-28-15 at 1.24 PM #2.gif
829KB, 150x250px
>>68567920
>yfw the first time you listened to G.L.O.S.S.
>>
>>68567527
oh damn. Thanks for that rec, they kick ass.
>>
>>68567470
The Go-Go's
>>
>>68567470
the problem with riot grrrl is that is more than just a music genre, is a whole ideology. Fuckin google what they think about men and tell me if you still want to hear them.
>>
whatever forever
bruise violet
tony peachka
catbath
naive sense
wretch (mn)
>>
>>68568396
>Fuckin google what they think about men and tell me if you still want to hear them.
They're women, it's normal.
>>
>>68567470
>good
>riot grrl

pick one
>>
Gonna see Sorority Noise and Turnover tomorrow. The venue is shit so they have two riot grrrl band playing before them

Shold I see them?

>Provocera
>A young bunch who play indie punk with a strong political message! In February, they released their self-titled debut EP, four tracks filled with cruel angry feminist indie punk. Make sure to come early so you do not miss the band everyone is talking about the rest of the evening!

>Lava Bangs
>Finally we managed to book this riot grrrl indie punk trio! If you have someone track of Gothenburg music scene so you have guaranteed heard of this band before (you might even remember that they previously called The Volcano), they have played at a variety of venues in town (and other cities) and has become known for his explosive and ferocious live show! Earlier this year they released their stunning debut album, Quit Continue, which they recorded at Music-A-Matic with producer Henryk Lipp.
>>
>>68567470
The "riot grrrl" label is so retarded. It's just girls making punk rock, why call it anything different?

Also Babes in Toyland.
>>
>>68567920
Team Dresch is really good and underrated
>>
>>68568396
they're basically just 1990's liberal feminists lol
>>
>>68567470
There are none

Riot grrl was a mistake and feminism was a mistake

Women's liberation should have never happened
>>
>>68567470
If you care about the feminist aspect of the music, try war on women. They're alright.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.