[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I properly express my feelings through lyrics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1470710751818.jpg (482KB, 1414x1837px) Image search: [Google]
1470710751818.jpg
482KB, 1414x1837px
How do I properly express my feelings through lyrics?
>>
challenge concepts to rap beefs
>>
>>68558281
Start by taking a song from Top 40 radio and tweaking it to make it more personal to you.

I usually take the first and last lines of the hook and leave them the same and then change the middle to something that means something to me.

It really is a great exercise in songwriting. I've been doing it for years and still do if today to get my creativity going.
>>
>>68558329
excuse me
>>
>>68558351
>Start by taking a song from Top 40 radio and tweaking it to make it more personal to you.
Didn't The Game used to do this? And everyone clowns him for sounding like other rappers.
>>
>>68558449
Don't use your tweaks as your actual lyrics, use them as an exercise or a warmup.
>>
>>68558492
So you just use the tweaks as a jumping off point? Where's the help in that?
>>
>>68558570
It gets you thinking. Sometimes the lyrics I write can contain themes or messages I want to use in one of my own songs.
>>
>>68558615
I'll try it. I have ideas for themes already, but rap songs usually don't have a single overall theme.
It's difficult for me, because how do you title the song and come up with the chorus if you're bars are going from topic to topic?
>>
>>68558281
don't just tell people how you feel. paint a picture.
>>
>>68558737
It doesn't have to be rap.

I wrote six lines over Closer by The Chainsmokers and it inspired me to write a whole song.
>>
In English class they told you about always starting your essay off with a "hook". It's the same with lyrics. Just think of a single line to start with and gather further inspiration from there.

look at DG for example. The first line isn't some throwaway bullshit, it makes you interested in the song
>SIT IN THE DARK AND PONDER HOW I'M FIT TO MAKE THE BOTTOM FALL TO THE FLOOR
>>
>>68558894
YUH
>>
>feelings

everyone has those

don't you want something....MORE
>>
>>68559009
what are you referring to
>>
>>68558791
It's very difficult for me to illustrate that I hate myself and want to die, the thoughts don't really go beyond that.
And it's not like I drink or do drugs so I can't make music about escaping/coping either.
>>
>>68558807
I just keep using rap as an example, because that's the type of music I want to make.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.