[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are your chops, /mu/? https://youtu.be/uBYJy4VEqPE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2013.jpg (17KB, 144x144px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2013.jpg
17KB, 144x144px
How are your chops, /mu/?

https://youtu.be/uBYJy4VEqPE
>>
Exceptional by now I'd have thought. I'm going over minor modes of the major scale, harmonic and melodic are there. After that I'll be looking to expand my arpegio soloing past the usual maj,min,7, and m7b5. I'm not good at standards, but I spend time looking for my own sequences. I had a go at Poco Loco, that was tricky, especially after hearing Johnny Smith take it past Buds original. However transcribing Bud's work from the Hal Leonard authentic book is solid gold. It opens up my playing, gives me new ideas.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mbw5EXff08&feature=youtu.be
>>
Aaahh!
>>
all but nonexistent
instruments are just tools for making rhythms and noise to me
>>
File: 20160329_130531.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160329_130531.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>how are your chops
This is now a brass thread.

Post brass instruments
>>
File: 20160329_125649.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160329_125649.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>
Is Mayonnaise an instrument?
>>
>>68554136
my favourite game is Oblivion. in that game my favourite town is Cheydinhal but my favourite house is the one you can get in skingrad i think it's called rosethorn manor but i could be mixing it up with a quest there.
I love it when you're up in the Jerrall mountains on a clear day and can see right across the bay with the imperial city in the middle and the white gold tower reaching up to the sky. My favourite monster is the daedra mage's cos they go down easy once you close on them or you can silence them and they will even close on you (fools)
From the dlc my favourite is the thieves lair or pirates den whatever its called. there's o much useful stuff in there. i wasn't very impressed with the shivering isles expansion but it was ok on the forst run through i guess. whats your favourite game OP?
>>
File: VlrOL18.png (366KB, 800x582px) Image search: [Google]
VlrOL18.png
366KB, 800x582px
Need more brass
>>
>>68554469
Oblivion was pretty great but wandering Skyrim topped it (even though the main quest was not too good, all the dragons were daft, Nordic Fascist was interesting). Fallout New Vegas I loved, I loved the background sounds, I could live in it with Cassidy. Favourite game? Well eighties early nineties arcade (double dragon, dragon ninja, outrun, sega rally, ghost and goblins, Rastan..definitely) and then Amiga Atari ST games like those from Cinemaware, Core and the like.
>>
>>68554660
Bump
>>
File: IMG_2034.jpg (299KB, 2833x2271px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2034.jpg
299KB, 2833x2271px
>>68555268
>tfw you can play expressive lines without sounding annoying like brass
>>
>>68555688
>tfw play tuba
>tfw I can play as high as a trombone without sounding like a car horn
>tfw I can potentially get good enough to play as high as a trumpet
>tfw I can also play basslines
>tfw when recording equipment was shit, tubas were used instead of basses
>tfw a tuba player BTFO every other wind instrument player on how to play their instruments well
>tfw it took a bunch of tuba players forming an international society to make the other "harder to play" instruments do the same thing
>tfw we play god-tier atonal stuff on a regular basis and it isn't jazz
What's the point of brass instruments other than tubas? It is the latest brass instrument invented and by far the best one. We even have the best players.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.