[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pink Floyd with:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

>good songwriting (left)
>good production & arranging (right)
pick one
>>
Left
>>
left
>>
time has pretty good song writing

piper is great but people need to let the dsotm meme die
>>
Right. Stop calling things "memes" because it's over a certain threshold of popularity.
>>
I just want ONE album that is as consistently good as Atom Heart Mother Suite or Echoes
>>
Can /mu/ please help me? I'm doing a university assignment for my music subject and it's got to be a post 1975 album so I'm doing Animals. However, I need to think of the argument I'm going to make about it.

Can go the following roots:
1) Political statement;
2) change in style i.e. prog rock development
3) industry reaction

Please help /mu/tants. I'm fucked and its due very soon
>>
>>68555469
don't do their most uninteresting album

you'll have shit tons of things to write about if you pick an album you like
>>
>>68555469
If you're going to do Animals it'd probably have to be political themes cause I don't believe that particular album did much in the way of changing prog or the industry
>>
time and money are my favorite the rest kind of forgettable
>>
Honestly left but DSOTM had great songwriting too
>>
>>68555469
dont do animals
>>
>>68554028
Fucking this
>>
>>68555835
I'd agree that some did but tracks like Breathe, Us and Them, Brain Damage, and Eclipse run pretty dry in the songwriting department.
>>
>>68554028
but that's what makes it a meme album, popularity. Doesn't mean it isn't good, but piper is better despite the popular choice of DSOTM
>>
File: Meddle.jpg (98KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Meddle.jpg
98KB, 512x512px
>>68554028
This. Piper is fantastic but DSOTM is a great fucking album and its popularity shouldn't affect that. Tho personally pic related is still my fave, alongside animals
>>
Time is actually lyrically my favorite song of all... ever
(._. )
>>
You guys are fucking killing me. Pick the obvious choice.

..Dark Side all day over Piper to answer the question. It has to do with more unity and collaboration over the unsure and lost vibes sent from pre-dark side. Meddle sealed the deal and they went OG from then on out. I love pre-dark side don't get me wrong, but I enjoy them more afterwards.
>>
File: 81-Joj09kIL._SL1300_.jpg (460KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
81-Joj09kIL._SL1300_.jpg
460KB, 1300x1300px
i feel like im the only one who likes ummagumma

each memeber contributes what is essential to their later more commercially successful albums. i can understand as songs if you dont like the studio side of ummagumma, but to be honest its some of their most far out and forward thinking material. everything on the studio side of ummagumma is like the crystals stage for everything that came later. its alittle dated in some areas but the ideas are all strong and im really surprised how much i enjoy nick masons contributions. i wish pink floyd had the technology to perform the studio side of ummagumma live. the grand vizer parts always seemed like a perfect closer to a man and the journey show. And the narrow way is probably my favorite Gilmour song, and Roger did Grandchester medows which is lyrically the best song in the album. i love the sound effect of swatting a fly to end the song, and how it transtitions to his next song and weirdest song animals groving with a pict, which is so bizarre and definitely recommended if youre tripping. i like richard wrights song sysphsus a lot too, especially the beginning of part 4 and part 2. that classical fugue sounds very nice shows off wrights technical abilties, and part 4 is this weird hazy dreamy instrumental, with a low humming melotron or organ, and a slide guitar and the sound effects of running water and mabye inscets or birds animals its really fucking weird for richard wright.

tl;dr i fucking love this album
>>
>pink floyd
>good anything
>>
I hate both. Gimmie Wish You Were Here.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.